Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Swapped Carefree topper material

Pulled the bedroom slide (curbside ) topper, and rotated the material today. I was lucky I caught it when I did, cause the stitching on the seam at the coach had almost all let go, other than a couple of feet at each end. A little of bit of weight (snow), and it would have pulled out.
You have to pull the pin from the end that goes into the slot in the coach wall, and change with the pin in the roll.
There's enough unused material on the roll, that you will have fresh material, on the shallow curb side slides !

BTW, I did'nt discover this, just following others on this forum, and hey.... it works !!
Prop's to Dutch Star Don!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #2

I would like to look into doing this also.... Did you have enough awning material even on your larger slides? Do you have the enclosed slide toppers such as the SOK2? That is what I have. I'm not sure how the come apart in order to get this done.
I have a shop that is good with awnings, I think I will run this by them and see what they think.

Thank you for our time, Brian

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #3

You could do it on the deeper roadside slides, but there wont be enough fresh material on the roll to cover the entire slide. I would guess about 1.5' out near the roller would be material that has already seen weather.
Yes SOK III's are what I have. Their website has detailed instructions for removing the fabric.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #4

I had the same problem with the stitching on my slide toppers. I took each one off and my DW sewed them on her machine. I turned them 180 deg when I put them back on so that the material that had been on the spool was out in the sun. This was a good fix and I think that they will last many more years. The only thing I would do differently is to put a good fabric protector on while I had them off.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I had mine patched last summer. They are already starting to tear again. Going to order from Stone Vos and replace them this time.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to JohnDolyn
Slide Toppers

Stone Vos has a GOOD replacement product, I have replaced my originals with his and am more than happy. He also recommends using 303 fabric guard
on your toppers. So far it seems to keep everything looking new.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Chris of Stone Vos uses the very BEST material, the very BEST thread and double stitches all of the seams and edges. Plus has the very BEST warranty in the business.

You won't find a better company to have any of your toppers, awnings, drops or whatever you need in regards to fabric used on the outside of your coach/RV.

I had two of my Omega Slide Topper/Awnings and one window awning redone with Stone Vos products. The rest will be done within the coming year. Plus I do not expect to have to replace them for the balance of ownership of this coach.

I could not say that with the other crap that was on the coach that came from the factory or from Shade-Pro.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote