Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Swimming in the bottom of Norcold

I have a Norcolod 1200LRIMSS 4 door refer. in my 2006 Holiday Rambler.
I looked and searched on 3 fourms about the refer doing the selfdefrost , which it does quite well, but the liquid it creates has no place to go but to puddle in the bottom, when I travel it seeps out on the floor.
On both of my other RVs there was a drain that allowed the condensation to exit and all was well, not this one, there is no sign of a drain or any place for the stuff to go.
Need good ideas please
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Larry

call John Coumbs at Coumbs RV Olympia 360-357-4700 or 360-357-6506.

He has a lot of training on the Norcolds.

jack r
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The drip tray is just below the aluminum fins on the interior back wall. It slides fore and aft in "groves" in the frig side wall. Slide it out a bit (maybe an inch or two) The rubber drain hose is on the left back slide and slips over a tit on the tray. With low air pressure blow out that hose.
Hose exit is outside behind the lower access panel (some installations have 2 panels). There should be a black plastic tray (3"X4"X1" high) with the other end of the hose dangling in the tray. There may be a plastic fitting in the hose bottom end that prevents bugs from entering the hose. Remove it before blowing out the hose as it flies out otherwise.
If there is no tray - someone has removed it! Then there will at least be a 1/2" hole in the back wall (factory drilled) where the hose should be.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
The drip tray is just below the aluminum fins on the interior back wall. It slides fore and aft in "groves" in the frig side wall. Slide it out a bit (maybe an inch or two) The rubber drain hose is on the left back slide and slips over a tit on the tray. With low air pressure blow out that hose.
Hose exit is outside behind the lower access panel (some installations have 2 panels). There should be a black plastic tray (3"X4"X1" high) with the other end of the hose dangling in the tray. There may be a plastic fitting in the hose bottom end that prevents bugs from entering the hose. Remove it before blowing out the hose as it flies out otherwise.
If there is no tray - someone has removed it! Then there will at least be a 1/2" hole in the back wall (factory drilled) where the hose should be.
I have the same unit and do not have a problem. Are you missing the tray and hose? Look to see if it has been removed. If you need a tray and you can see where it goes, I have one and not a problem to send it to you, no cost as it is just a extra. Not sure on the hose will have to check. PM me if you need the tray.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Larry
I had a similar problem with my Norcold 1200LRIM Refrig and after moving the drip tray out a little, i could easily see that the rubber drain hose had somehow came loose from the nipple in the back side of the drip tray. I moved the drip tray out of the way and then pulled the hose out just enough to squeeze the tabs on the metal spring clamp to allow the hose to be slid back onto the nipple on the drip tray. I then pushed the drip tray back into its proper resting position under the aluminum cooling fins. That cured the problem and now it works as it was designed.

As info, my drip tray drain hose is routed down the back of the Refrig compartment and exits under the coach.

Hope this helps your efforts to eliminate your swimming pool in the bottom of your Refrig.

Jack
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Jack View Post
As info, my drip tray drain hose is routed down the back of the Refrig compartment and exits under the coach.

Jack
Oh man I wish I would have thought of this.. Did it this weekend after seeing this thread. Very easy to do, 6' of 5/15" clear vinyl tubing slips over original tube, through heater compartment to propane compartment, zip tied so it drains outside. Put a loop so it will Ptrap. I was surprised at how much water it generates once you see it on the ground.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So I was having the same problem with water in the bottom of the refrigerator, checked the hose going into the drip tray and it had a plug in it. Once I removed the plug water started coming out into the drip tray. I can't believe that the plug has been in since it was new, I've only owned it for 2 years.
So how long does it take to fill up the drip tray?
How do you empty the drip tray?
Sounds like its best to just extend the drip hose to under the motorhome?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mllk3rd View Post
So I was having the same problem with water in the bottom of the refrigerator, checked the hose going into the drip tray and it had a plug in it. Once I removed the plug water started coming out into the drip tray. I can't believe that the plug has been in since it was new, I've only owned it for 2 years.
So how long does it take to fill up the drip tray?
How do you empty the drip tray?
Sounds like its best to just extend the drip hose to under the motorhome?
The water will evaporate before the next defrost cycle. The plug at the end of the tube should allow water to flow through it. I think the plug is there to prevent hot airflow back into the ref rig. Try cleaning the plug if it is dirty.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
The water will evaporate before the next defrost cycle. The plug at the end of the tube should allow water to flow through it. I think the plug is there to prevent hot airflow back into the ref rig. Try cleaning the plug if it is dirty.
Thanks for the info, the plug was dirty and clogged so I cleaned it and now it should drain. I assume that the hose comes from the tray in the refrigerator compartment that is under the finns?
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Answered my question, the hose does come from the tray below the fins inside the refer. Since the hose was plugged the tray filled up with water and froze, so I took it apart, remove about 2 lbs of ice, poured water and vinegar into the tray to make sure it's not clogged and re-assembled it. Thanks for the help.

Tags
norcold