Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
System Heat Switch Light

The light in the switch for our "system heat" appears to have burned out. This is the light in the switch that comes on when the heat is turned on, not the light that comes on when the heater turns on. Anyone have knowledge of this type of lighted switch and how to either replace it or replace the "bulb". I don't want to take the panel down until I learn a bit more about what to expect. Thanks for the help. We have a 2007 HR Endeavor.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewF View Post
The light in the switch for our "system heat" appears to have burned out. This is the light in the switch that comes on when the heat is turned on, not the light that comes on when the heater turns on. Anyone have knowledge of this type of lighted switch and how to either replace it or replace the "bulb". I don't want to take the panel down until I learn a bit more about what to expect. Thanks for the help. We have a 2007 HR Endeavor.
Lew,

The switch is easy to replace. Just drop the panel, pull off the slip on terminals and depress the spring clips on each side of the switch to push it out of the panel. I ordered the replacement switch from Monaco parts but that will not happen now since they are closed. REX over on the yahoo Monaco group has a parts list that will steer you to the OEM for the switch. Mine has already burned out again. The lamp is not replaceable and I am thinking about taking one apart and modifying it to us an LED.

Bob

2006 Honda in standby
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Egad!! Mine has never worked!! Now I'll fuss and fume till I fix it!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not absolutely sure about this, but my understanding is that the system heat switch has to be on, AND the temp has to be low enough for the thermostat to turn on the heaters (On my this is 40 degrees F). The light at the switch on mine comes on only when both of these conditions are met.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBeemercouple View Post
I'm not absolutely sure about this, but my understanding is that the system heat switch has to be on, AND the temp has to be low enough for the thermostat to turn on the heaters (On my this is 40 degrees F). The light at the switch on mine comes on only when both of these conditions are met.
The light at the switch on mine comes on only when both of these conditions are met.....That was my thought...but this is from memory of the conditions last winter. I have NOT been in this position this year....

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBeemercouple View Post
I agree with this - this is how mine works. Having "burned out" 2 cargo heaters within 1 year I will however not be using mine again. I will take the advice of fellow IRV2'ers and use a 110V caged worklight with a 75 Watt bulb to keep my tanks from freezing in the future.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:41 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I am not trying to flame anyone here but you folks need to understand that there are two lights. Yes, the large Red indicator labeled ACTIVE under the System Heat menu on the panel just to the right of the Power switch only comes on when the System Heat is active i.e., the heat is on via the thermostat. The POWER switch to the left of the ACTIVE indicator also has an indicator lamp internal to the switch. That lamp should come on and the switch illuminated any time the System Heat is activated by turning on this switch. If the System Heat is activated and the cargo heat is actually on then there will be two lamps illuminated. One in the switch and the large one to the right of the switch. If the System Heat is activated and the cargo heat is not own then only the Power switch will be illuminated.

Go back and read Lew's original post and you will see that he understands this and is talking about the indicator within the switch not the indicator to the right of the switch.

Bob
2006 Honda in standby
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
I am not trying to flame anyone here but you folks need to understand that there are two lights. Yes, the large Red indicator labeled ACTIVE under the System Heat menu on the panel just to the right of the Power switch only comes on when the System Heat is active i.e., the heat is on via the thermostat. The POWER switch to the left of the ACTIVE indicator also has an indicator lamp internal to the switch. That lamp should come on and the switch illuminated any time the System Heat is activated by turning on this switch. If the System Heat is activated and the cargo heat is actually on then there will be two lamps illuminated. One in the switch and the large one to the right of the switch. If the System Heat is activated and the cargo heat is not own then only the Power switch will be illuminated.

Go back and read Lew's original post and you will see that he understands this and is talking about the indicator within the switch not the indicator to the right of the switch.

Bob
Thanks for the clarification, Bob... I really miss sitting in the the rig every night...Iwould know that fact if I was in it every night like I was a year ago...
MM
Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I used my System Heat during a recent trip to Indianapolis when the temp dipped below 30 for 2 nights.

My switch light comes on as soon as I press the switch, but the system light does not come on until the cargo heater turns on. It did come on.

The Aladdin showed the outside temp at 26 and the basement temp at around 36 when the system heat light came on.

It was about 4 in the morning and I was wishing I had floor tile heat, or a Foretravel Phoenix.

Since I was scantily clad , I didn't check to see if the cargo heater was actually on.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudtheDiplomat View Post
....Since I was scantily clad , I didn't check to see if the cargo heater was actually on.
Bud..Do you know what I think you are???

MM
Old 03-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
Bud..Do you know what I think you are???

MM
Barely Awake?
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I decided to replace the system heat switch so it would light when I turned it on again. When I tested the power wire to the switch I discovered that there is no power going to the switch. I have looked everywhere and can't find a fuse burned out and don't even know if there is a fuse for the system heat. Any ideas??!! Thanks for any help!

08 Scepter 40 PDQ
Kesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The lighted switch is universal and can by bought at most part stores.
The heated bay system is a poorly designed one and is not worth having.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Kesi,
Go to the to the grey rear run panel where your two battery disconnects are. (The last compartment on the curb side where the muffler is.) Open the door and look for the two rows of fuses, left of center. The 3rd fuse from the top on the left row of fuses, is the fuse for the bay heat. (20 amp)

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote