Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Tech questions 1992 Beaver Marquis for solar install

Is this the right section to pose questions/ask for advice on a solar install on a 1992 Beaver Marquis?

A friend just purchased one and wants me to do a solar install in May when he comes to Oregon. I installed a system on my 2004 Country Coach Allure last year that works great but wonder what I could run into with the technology changes from 1992 to 2004.

This coach has low mileage and is suppose to be in pristine condition with everything exactly as from factory. He tells me there are two E8D 12V 1400 CCA chassis batteries on a lower tray and four 6V in the upper tray. Does this coach really require two 1400 CCA batteries to start a Cat engine? If so, is it caused by the distance from the right front battery bay back to the engine in the back?

He also says there's a small solar panel on left, front, top, but he cannot locate a charge controller. Can anyone inform me as to the system Beaver installed in those days.

Any other advice on what to watch out for when installing solar on the older Beavers would be appreciated.

Thx in advance
barclay7568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 07:18 AM   #2

You might try looking on Beaveramb.org lots of good info there. My 94 Marquis the controller is located above drivers seat in the cabinet that holds the tv. hope this helps.
Cdnw30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver, install, solar