Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #1

Tech Support is still alive and well

After having some work done on the living room/kitchen slide which included replacing a roller and installing a wood laminate floor in the living room. "No More Carpet". This was done by the RV Shop in Baton Rouge, La. who now is a Monaco dealer. Anyway the slide was run in and out several times adjusting the rollers then stowed. Had some delay on the outstroke cycle but nothing major. Got back home, cleaned the coach and brought it to the storage facility and put it in its garage. Couple of days later I went to the coach and tried to put the front slide out. Nothing, not even a click on the rocker switch. Looked for fuses, relays, etc., called HWH who were a lot of help but to no avail. Finally got to Rob at Monaco in Oregon, simple he says. Take the wires off of the plunger switches on the bay doors on driver's side and jump them with a 15A fuse, see what happens. Did the rear bay 1st since that was the last one I'd been into and WaLa. Problem solved. Still has the same problem extending but it works. I'll visit back with HWH Monday for their thoughts on that.

Dave
MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
..Sooo - You know we will be counting on you to answer someone when they have the same problem down the road...cuz I don't think I can keep this one in my brain, MCDDY! Thank You for sharing this tip.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:42 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
is it because the bay doors have an interlock with the opening circuit on your coach? I dont understand this one. Any thoughts?
Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I don't understand this one either. I can't see a correlation between the slide motor circuits and the bay door locks. I hope this one gets clarified.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #5

Cannot speak for the Windsor but I just looked up in the wiring diagram for a 2004 Nav/Sig and it shows an interlock circuit with all the bay doors including the gen slide that if they are open then no slideouts function. Also the operators manual states that they all have to be closed. It would seem to me that if one of those bay switches didn't work then you would get the warning light on the dash that it was open when you turned the key on. Good head work Dave on going to the last bay door you opened and closed. The switch either has a dirty contact or needs to be adjusted.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #6

Thanks Mike
The switch on each bay is part of the interlock system that won't allow you to open or close the slide if either bay door is opened. Switch is attached to the frame on the coach and when the bay door is closed it pushes in the plunger which activates the circuit allowing the slide switch to operate as designed.The switches have male spade connectors on them so when you unhook the wire the female end of the wires just plug onto the fuse. That's waay tooo simple of a fix for me to have thought up since I'm what you'd call Electrically Challenged.
Dave
MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #7

Dave, it should be real easy to fix that switch so it works correctly without a jury rig. Either the tab that holds the switch has been hit and bent or the spade connector is not tight on the switch. Lastly the switch itself could be bad but it is so simple of a switch thhat would be last. Compare the mounting tab position with other switches in other bays and see if it is positioned the same. Does your switch have adjustment nuts that can be loosened so you can move the switch in or out?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:17 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Well, even though it is early and raining here in Florida I have already learned something that might save me in the future when my slide wont operate, that is unless my CRS disease cuts in again. Hats off to Rob @ Monaco for the fix and MCDDY for the post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I didn't understand the correlation between the bay doors and the slides so I tried it. I opened all my bay doors and turned on the ignition, no warning light or alarm. With all the bay doors open and the ignition off I moved all four slides in and out but not all the way. Perhaps this is only on the signature, executive and windsor models.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
I didn't understand the correlation between the bay doors and the slides so I tried it. I opened all my bay doors and turned on the ignition, no warning light or alarm. With all the bay doors open and the ignition off I moved all four slides in and out but not all the way. Perhaps this is only on the signature, executive and windsor models.
Bob,
Our slides also operate with all cargo doors open. I just figured the posters were discussing the bay doors that open upward, not swing out.
Mandys Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #11

On my 2007 Knight, there is no interlock to prevent the slides from operating with a bay door open. The bay doors swing out and I'm sure that either of the front slides would destroy a bay door with the the down and then out motion. Just one of the check once and then check again items on this coach.
The Utzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:07 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
High in coaches like the Dynasty and above have automatic door locks on the cargo bay doors that operater off the Tri-Mark system. Many of these doors also can be damaged if open while the slides are put in and out. They lift out and up. I believe Monco may have installed an interlock on these coaches. Us poor folk just have to be more careful!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
My Camelot has electric bay door locks that are controlled at the Trimark pushbutton station. There is no warning either audible or visual that indicates one or more of the bay doors are open. Upon checking my wiring diagram for the bay doors and slides, I see no indication of interlock wiring for either. Perhaps it was only installed on select coaches.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #14

I can tell you for sure the interlock, by the wiring diagrams, was on the Navigators, Sigs, Panther, Dynasty, and Executives and you get a warning light on the dash if a door is open plus the slides will not work.. It also appears to be on Dave's Windsor since he bypassed the one switch and it fixed the problem. Interesting.