Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #1

Didn't find my info with a search, but sometimes I'm not too good at this stuff. We're getting serious about a certain '02 Windsor. My reservation is with the three point jacks. I'm used to a little jiggle with 4 jacks, and speculate 3 could be even worse! Can somebody please speak to that? I'd sure appreciate some words.
elgarc is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #2

Didn't find my info with a search, but sometimes I'm not too good at this stuff. We're getting serious about a certain '02 Windsor. My reservation is with the three point jacks. I'm used to a little jiggle with 4 jacks, and speculate 3 could be even worse! Can somebody please speak to that? I'd sure appreciate some words.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have air levelers on my coach, but I have had 2 Safari`s that had 3 point jacks -- I really liked them -- It keeps you from twisting the frame, thus the coach -- It may take you awhile to learn to use this system -- You will not notice anymore jiggle with with your present setup -- Have fun -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I too have always had 4-point levelers in the past, and it took a bit of getting used-to with the 3-pointer I have now.

I sometimes do get a bit of 'jiggle' up front, but am more than willing to accept that in trade for the peace-of-mind in knowing that the frame isn't getting pretzelled (is that even a word??) or popping out that huge one-piece front windshield. Had 4-pointers on a Class-C one time that needed constant frame-alignment til I realized what was causing it.

I've also noticed that if I keep a bit of air on the bags when parked, it stays more stable.

All in all, the Windsor's are really nice coaches. Hope it's just what you're looking for.

HTH,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Gary,

I would also echo what Bill and Ron have said above. Like you, I was concerned about the 3-point system when moving from a Fleetwood product to a Monaco. But I do understand why they do it - to protect that big beautiful one-piece windshield. And I must say, that the 3-point system has not been the problem with respect to rocking, that I expected it might be.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have the 3 pointers on my coach, and, gee, what's a little giggle now and then? They work fine.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We have always had 4 but it looks like 3 works just as well.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:49 AM   #8

I do get some jiggle in my '00 Diplomat with the 3 point jacks when moving around, but it's not particularly annoying. I put out the slides at ride height, lower the air pressure to about 60 lbs. and then level. Even though I have a two piece windshield, I still have my DW watch the corners of my windshield while I'm leveling, especially if the pad is more uneven than usual. If there are only two of us we have to take our time and check the spirit level and the windshield and that requires going back and forth from the driver's seat to the middle of the coach until we get it right and make sure the windshield isn't in a bind. We watch for movement in the seals and gaskets around the glass.

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
elgarc,

We just traded our 2007 Tropical with 4 point levers for a 2006 Diplomat 40PDQ with the three point levelers. I have not noticed any jiggle with this coach and find it to have a wonderful ride with the 8 outside air bags and plenty of power via the ISL engine.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:21 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I'm in the the same boat with nodine. We just traded up from a 34' Winnebago BRAVE w/4points to a 41' Safari Cheetah. I too was sceptical at first until we tried them at the dealer. 3 point levelers work great.
2 cents logged,
AKBrick
Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #11

Well, you've had plenty of time to make your decision so we are all curious what you bought? I would say this, I have a Winni with a 4 point system and my parents have a Monaco wiht a 3 point and they certainly have more jiggle than I do. I think you have to weigh it with the possibility of "tweeking" things. I've never had a problem but I know it's possible if you aren't careful.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:00 AM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I too like the three pointers. The only issue I have is that with only one pad in the front instead of two, I have to put a block under it to keep it from being buried if the ground is soft.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #13

Well...didn't get the Windsor, but not because of the jacks. Looked at a HR Imperial but on its black paint it looked like somebody took a knife point and randomly attacked it. (I had heard of that problem with DuPont paint but hadn't actually seen it before.) Didn't get it but not because of the paint. Going to look at an '03 Executive that has only a little black on it. It's not close by and will probably be sold before we can get over to see it! Ready, but not anxious. (But almost!) Thanx for the replies.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:05 AM   #14
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm a little late with this comment but, here goes.

If the rear of the coach is sitting on stable jacks and the front has a little wiggle, something is bending!

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote