Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #1

tire pressure

Recently took possession of an '03 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. I would like to get a "ground zero" tire pressure for a normally loaded 38PST w/3 slides.
I will get it weighed first chance I get, but I'd like some direction to get started. Thanks in advance.
509Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
Community Administrator

There should be a placard / sticker next to the drivers seat with suggested pressures for a full load .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to 67fisher Send a message via MSN to 67fisher Send a message via Yahoo to 67fisher
I have a 2001 Endeavor with 2 slides. There is no sticker on my coach with recommended tire pressures. I'm running 255/70R-22.5 and 110 psi on all six. As per my owners manual
67fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:26 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What size tire? 255/275/295, what load range? And what brand of tire? Not one size (pressure) fits all.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #5

tire pressure

275/70R/22.5 They are very new Michelins. The load range thing is where I get a little confused. I am going to need to get it weighed, aren't I?

Thank you for your responses.
509Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Load range is stamped on the tire near the dot date
For 275's go to the tire mfg webdite and download the pressue table. Depening on load you could be sround 100 psi, best to get it at a cat scsle and see what your travel weight is.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:20 AM   #7

'06 Dynasty - Drive and tag axles both at a little over 4,100 pounds per tire. Front axle at about 7,250 pounds per tire. Those are axle weights at a local weigh station, coach loaded with normal food, clothing, fuel, fresh water and propane all full, holding tanks empty, all normal goods and "stuff" on board. We keep the six rear tires at or above 80 psi. We keep the steer axle at or above 110 psi. We got 9 years out of the Goodyear's, with extremely acceptable wear. (Steer axle tire cupping ala Goodyear was the primary reason for the tire change. That, and their being 9 years old.) We're on the 3rd year with the Michelins.

You are right on! Weigh the coach so that each axle load is known. Have it "travel ready" as in fully loaded when you weigh it. Go to the tire manufacturer's load/pressure tables and see what the minimum inflation should be on a per-tire basis. Don't go below that pressure, whether it's 100 degrees or 0 degrees. Don't worry if you are a few pounds over that pressure. Over is OK, under is NOT.

First priority - Don't go below the manufacturer's minimum inflation for the load
Second priority - Try to keep all tires on the same axle as close to being the same pressure as you reasonably can, COLD. A pound or two is ok.

Seriously consider a tire monitoring system (TMS)! I check the PressurePro prior to each run. As long as I'm above 80 psi on all rears and 110 psi on both fronts, "cold", and left/right/side-by-side are within a couple of pounds, we're good to go.

NOTE: The sun shining on a tire can easily make a couple or three psi difference. Try to check them "cold", and having been in the shade. Do NOT check them at the end of the day's run out of anything other than curiosity. You likely will be a bit shocked by what you see.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #8

Commercial Member

Suggest you read THIS post to learn tire inflation
Old 06-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509Airborne View Post
275/70R/22.5 They are very new Michelins. The load range thing is where I get a little confused. I am going to need to get it weighed, aren't I?

Thank you for your responses.
you can search for something like G-load or H-load or LRG or LRH on sidewall, but Michelin also uses J-load/LRJ for AT 125 psi sometimes.
LRH/H-load is AT 120 psi.
LRG/G-load is AT 110 psi.
But if you read something like this on sidewall "maximum load xxxx lbs AT yyy psi ( cold )" that is what you need and overrules the loadrange.
That loadrange is only a way to give the AT-pressure.

I call it AT-pressure because its written on sidewall like that.
Official name is reference-pressure, and is the pressure AT wich the maximum load can be carried up to referencespeed of tire, without overheating any part of the tire.
For your large truckkind of tire, the reference speed is the maximumspeed of tire, and most likely 75m/120km/h wich is speedrate L. you probably find this speedrate also somewhere on sidewall mostly in combination with the loadindex.
Can even be you find 2 sets , for instance right behind the sises 154/152 L
and only for single load a second 156K wich is max speed of tire of 110km/68m/h.

I am able to calculate the needed pressure for you , when not weighed yet I use the GAWR's but better is weighing, but as long as you did not do that , you need a pressure to fill .

Need from tires next and can be found on sidewall.
Maximum load or loadindex
AT-pressure or loadrange(plyrating EUR)
Speedrating.

From vehicle I need next, and some data can be read from the same plate as the pressure advices.
configuration , axles Front , rear TAG, and howmanny tires on the axles,
( 2 tires = single load, 4 tires on axle is Dual load.
GAWR( gross axle weight rating) of the seperate axles
And the maximum speed you use and wont go over for even a minute.

Once you weighed I need the real axle weights , wich are hopefully and most likely lower, higher is not allowed by law but sometimes happens.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #10

Wow!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #11

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Wow!

Did you read this post? As an actual tire engineer I think it better to follow published Load & Inflation tables rather than use a formula developed by someone who has not been responsible for designing tires that will be used on highway vehicles.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Did you read this post? As an actual tire engineer I think it better to follow published Load & Inflation tables rather than use a formula developed by someone who has not been responsible for designing tires that will be used on highway vehicles.
As long as my calculation comes to higher pressures then the "official " lists , I never do it more wrong then that.

My system is based on the official calculation of ETRTO and TRA , once got hold of the ETRTO formula and went running with it.
An article of an American tire-ingenieur J.C.Daws opened my eyes ,that even the European ETRTO calculation still comes to lower pressures for LT and Trucktires, then the laws of nature ask.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
The "official" recommendation of many manufacturers is to inflate to the max pressure on sidewalls. Get it weighed, then use the load inflation tables to adjust pressure (downward).
Old 06-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Just bought 6 New Tires for the Minne Dynasty
This is the weight and recommended tire pressure
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire pressure.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	165482  

Tags
tire pressure