Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Toilet hand sprayer

We had a leak at the water fitting of our sea/land toilet. When I tightened it up I noticed the hand wand hose was gone. Where does it attach? I don't see the wand in the owners manual.
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
We had a leak at the water fitting of our sea/land toilet. When I tightened it up I noticed the hand wand hose was gone. Where does it attach? I don't see the wand in the owners manual.
barmcd
Did your toilet ever have a hand wand and hose?
(The Sealand 510 toilet in my coach doesn't).

However here's one that can be added to the Sealand 510:
http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-s...FVNZhgodMNMPoA

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Might not even have had one, our Thetford Aria Deluxe II doesn't.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #4

Hand sprayer for RV toilets connect to a port/stub on the vacuum breaker so that it is downstream of water supply that way there is pressure on sprayer ONLY when flushing toilet.

Hand sprayers (just like kitchen faucet sprayers) are not designed to be leak proof with full line pressure in them)

Vacuum breaker should be up high at back of toilet.

SeaLand Models with optional hand sprayer will look like this..........small port/stub is where sprayer hose attaches with hose clamp. Large port is where hose from water supply assembly attaches and horizontal port sticks into toilet bowl with grommet

SeaLand Toilet Parts
http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/E...heet_28313.pdf

Most any RV toilet can have a hand sprayer added.......just a matter of changing out vacuum breaker with port for sprayer. Or like my Thetford the port is there just plugged.....drill it open and add sprayer
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #5

Old-Biscuit nailed it....
Old 02-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It had one at one time, there is a bracket on the wall.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #7

Maybe the Vac Breaker went south and the PO decided it was cheaper to remove the whole thing since he was getting rid of the coach anyway?
Old 02-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Hand sprayer for RV toilets connect to a port/stub on the vacuum breaker so that it is downstream of water supply that way there is pressure on sprayer ONLY when flushing toilet.

Hand sprayers (just like kitchen faucet sprayers) are not designed to be leak proof with full line pressure in them)

Vacuum breaker should be up high at back of toilet.

SeaLand Models with optional hand sprayer will look like this..........small port/stub is where sprayer hose attaches with hose clamp. Large port is where hose from water supply assembly attaches and horizontal port sticks into toilet bowl with grommet

SeaLand Toilet Parts
http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/E...heet_28313.pdf

Most any RV toilet can have a hand sprayer added.......just a matter of changing out vacuum breaker with port for sprayer. Or like my Thetford the port is there just plugged.....drill it open and add sprayer
Thanks, I'll look for that connection.
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When you replace the vacuum breaker the nub where the spray hose attaches is closed like a tube of chalk--you have cut the nub so water can flow. Found this out on my Thetford after replacing all the internals since I had to fix a leaking water valve. After putting it all back together and back on the closet flange and doing an ops check I couldn't get water out of the sprayer. I was stumped so I called Thetford customer service. They asked me if I cut the nub off. I felt so stupid but the printed instructions didn't mention it.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #10

Quote:
It had one at one time, there is a bracket on the wall.
Maybe po changed out the commode?
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Maybe po changed out the commode?
I don't thinks so, the manual matches the commode. The problem is the illustrated parts breakdown is very faded so I can't see the actual parts. The parts list has a sprayer, hose and bracket listed.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
So the sprayer hose probably attached to the plumbing at the back of the toilet? It's very tight in there and i'll probably have to pull the toilet to get to it. Not sure this is high on my priority list right now. At least I know how its supposed to work.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #13

Quote:
So the sprayer hose probably attached to the plumbing at the back of the toilet? It's very tight in there and i'll probably have to pull the toilet to get to it. Not sure this is high on my priority list right now. At least I know how its supposed to work.

Bracket on wall is probably for a hand sprayer.
Your toilet model can have a hand sprayer -----optional accessory

Currently your toilet does NOT have the correct vacuum breaker for a hand sprayer...........why do I make that statement?
Because IF the hand sprayer vacuum breaker was installed on your toilet w/o a hand sprayer connected you would have a stream of water shooting out the backside of vacuum breaker where the hand sprayer hose S/B connected (It is an OPEN port where hose connects)

IF you want a hand sprayer you will need to purchase the vacuum breaker with sprayer kit.
And most likely have to pull toilet in order to install due to lack of access/working room so that means a new toilet floor flange gasket also
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #14

I'm with Old-Biscuit. You would have water all over the place every time you flushed the toilet with nothing connected to the outlet pipe for the auxiliary sprayer. It sounds like the previous owner replaced the anti-siphon valve and used a model without the auxiliary sprayer connection.

You can download a manual for your model of Sea/Land toilet at their site. That would help with trouble-shooting issues in the future. On our model the manual shows both with and without the sprayer. So, your manual may just not have that in the diagram.

Tags
toilet