Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2007, 05:37 AM   #1

I've tried every source I could find, including Monaco parts, to try to locate touch up paint for my coach. None of them have been able to come up with the right color. It's been suggested that I go to a body shop that has a color matching computer and have them mix it for me and I can do that if I have to. Has anyone found a reliable source?

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:37 AM   #2

I've tried every source I could find, including Monaco parts, to try to locate touch up paint for my coach. None of them have been able to come up with the right color. It's been suggested that I go to a body shop that has a color matching computer and have them mix it for me and I can do that if I have to. Has anyone found a reliable source?

8.3L Cummins ISC
Old 01-20-2007, 05:45 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I got touch up paint from the Monaco repair facility at Harrisburg, OR. That may not work for you as mine was less than a year old so there were still painting that color. Given that yours is 6 years old even if you did get the original color it might not match because of fadeing. My bet is that you will get the closes match by having it mixed by a local body shop.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #4

I went back and spoke to the service advisor's. They told me that Sikkens and Diamont make a good aftermarket paint. These are the Monaco stock numbers for the paint colors.
Its also lists the grams of paint on coach. I gave you the gram measurements so it would be easier to match it to the correct color.

Model # DP1N00 / BASF (Chablis)

BC110 82 g
BC145 248 g
BC170 413 g
BC838 2,085 g
BC200 2,366 g
BC800 3,144 g

Model # DP2N00 / BASF (Oak Glen)

UR50 71 G
BC140 380 G
BC200 551 G
BC170 660 G
BC800 745 G
BC821 765 G
BC101 779 G
BC805 780 G

Model# DP6N00 / BASF (PACIFICA)

UR50 71 G
BC145 420 G
BC180 564 G
BC470 686 G
BC110 742 G
BC200 773 G
BC880 784 G

Model# DP8N00 / BASF (GREEN LEAF)

UR50 71 G
BC145 388 G
BC170 679 G
BC110 726 G
BC200 763 G
BC500 773 G
BC405 782 G

Thats all the 2000 Monaco Dip part numbers for paint colors. If you write back with the colors I will get with the body man on Monday. He is not here on Sat. Hope this could be of some help to you.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:58 AM   #5

John, thanks very much for that. However, I tried matching the paint that way(I got the same info from Monaco Tech support). None of the touchup paint folks on the net seemed to be able to match the paint using those codes. One of them mixed up a color for me and it matched one of the colors(the dark green on some of the "stripes"), but not the main body color, which is what I need(it's a mysty grey- green metallic color). It's the Green Leaf color scheme. You can see what I mean on the picture that gets attached to my posts. Anything help the body man can provide would be greatly appreciated. I could email you a better quality picture of the coach if that would help? BTW, do you work at a Monaco dealership in Lewisville?

8.3L Cummins ISC
Old 01-20-2007, 07:05 AM   #6

Drop me an e-mail or give me a call on Monday. I will go out to the body shop and talk to our body man. He is awesome at matching colors. I would take his advise, over anybodies, on paint. I will try to find out the color and ask him the easiest way to touch up and match. If you e-mail me include your Stock and BASF# so its easier to find correct color. Sorry I could not be of more help.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:13 AM   #7

John, please send me an email to
ghillix@comcast.net so I can respond with this information(I tried the one in your profile and it didn't seem to work).

TIA!

8.3L Cummins ISC
Old 01-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #8

Big Red 1 & John Knight. Monaco won't ship the little touch up bottles, even to a rally where the factory techs were. Looking at the picture shown it's close. If the Diplomat color scheme is the same as our 00 Windsor's "Celadon", at least the bottom portion, I got a match locally last week. A auto parts house that specializes in paints had one of those spectra-whatevers and held it up to the coach then they brought it inside, hooked it to a computer and it spit out a recipe. The smallest portion they would mix is a pint. $24 and some change. Brand is OMNI-AE, P/N MAG6193***D, Medium Green. As said earlier, check with a local body shop, they will tell you what outlet has the fancy machine. Hope this helps

John, is Chad still working for BG, haven't seen him or Yancey at one of the Cruisin Cajun rallys since last April in Rayne although did see him and Brian in Beaumont at the SixState. Also haven't had an e-mail from him trying to sell me some kind of wild colored used coach I can't afford. We've got our Mardi Gras rally there Feb. 14 thru 17, need some quality show coaches and somebody to pick on.

Dave Edmonson
MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #9

Thanks Dave. I also replied to you via private email with a couple of better pix of my coach attached. Is the P/N complete(was wondering about he part with the *** in it)?

TIA!

8.3L Cummins ISC
Old 01-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #10

Dave, that sounds like the best way to get touch-up paint made. Yea Chad is still here. I am new to the BG sales side so, he is kinda trainig me. LOL I will tell chad to e-mail you.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:16 AM   #11

Big Red 1
That # is right off of the can of paint. Don't know what the asteriks are for either but put them in anyway. Went to the storage barn yesterday and used a little bit of it on a few little rock chips on the front. Goes on darker but looked like it was getting lighter as it dried. Can't check it out today, have 2 NFL games to watch this afternoon that have great interest here. 1st one will send the Saints to Super Bowl and 2nd game has a Local Pride and Joy @ Quarterback.
Geaux Saints
Geaux Colts

Dave

MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote