Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2018, 10:38 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Trike Lift Hauler

I'm looking for a trike lift for my HR.
Has any body had any experience with Mighty Hauler?
Maybe someone could recommend a brand light weight sturdy and not to expensive and I could still flat tow my dinghy
Thank you for your help
2003 HR 40 PST 400 cumming 2015 SRX
JimJan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2018, 10:44 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have a HydraLift on my coach. They also make a Trike/ATV/Cart platform for it. It's not the cheapest, but many say its the best. It has a built in hitch receiver so you can tow with it.
I got mine used from the Classified section here and self installed. http://hydralift-usa.com/

There's one in the Classified section now http://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/se...earchid=100303
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:08 AM   #3

I wanted Hydralift but don't want to spend 9,000.00 for it
Old 07-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I got mine for under $3K. When I called a local HydraLift dealer, they said the price was something like $4,500 installed. Still, not cheap though - but not $9K.
Good luck.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #5

I'm guess'ing you have done the research, and have the capacity on your rear axle for the weight of the lift, and your trike?
The weight of the trike is going to be cantilievered even farther back than a motorcycle.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I got mine for under $3K. When I called a local HydraLift dealer, they said the price was something like $4,500 installed. Still, not cheap though - but not $9K.
Good luck.
This Dealer is in Santa Clarita and said 5400 for the lift and 1500 for something else and 2000 labor and this is the closest dealer 2.5 hrs away.
I;m in calif, everything a very greedy state
Old 07-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I have a HydraLift on my coach. They also make a Trike/ATV/Cart platform for it. It's not the cheapest, but many say its the best. It has a built in hitch receiver so you can tow with it.
I got mine used from the Classified section here and self installed. http://hydralift-usa.com/

There's one in the Classified section now Search - RV & Motorhome Classifieds
Thank You
Old 07-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I'm guess'ing you have done the research, and have the capacity on your rear axle for the weight of the lift, and your trike?
The weight of the trike is going to be cantilievered even farther back than a motorcycle.
No I haven't I will take it to the scales and check it out wished I had a tag axle.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
There are some posts on this subject at "Toads and MH Towing". I spent a lot of time there when researching motorcycle lifts. I also have a thread on my HydraLift install.

But another Owner, "Fire Up" has some posts on his HydraLift install which is installed on a single rear axle coach (a 2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD) and he was carrying a 900 lb Goldwing. So if Fire Up can safely carry a Goldwing on his single axle coach you are "probably" safe to carry your trike.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #10

Depends on how heavy his trike is. Thought I read on one of the posts from the member you referenced, that he was overweight on his rear axle.
Like I said earlier, on a standard Hydra lift, the weight of a trike, will be even further cantilevered back, than a bike.
I also carry a Harley on a Hydra lift, but, I have 30,000 lbs of weight carrying capacity on my rear axles.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:27 PM   #11

You'll be way over your rear axle weight limit which is probably 20K. No reputable shop would install it on your coach nor would you want to drive it. These lifts are for tag axles only. You need to trailer the trike.
snowman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:36 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman1 View Post
You'll be way over your rear axle weight limit which is probably 20K. No reputable shop would install it on your coach nor would you want to drive it. These lifts are for tag axles only. You need to trailer the trike.
Finally an excellent answer as NO WAY do you have enough axle capacity to add that much weight that far back. As for FireUp doing it safely (we got into it recently) he was able to change the laws of gravity and simply trig...only admits to overloading the tires on the rear axle of his rig that has a 17,500 rear axle. He now puts the bike in the back of a PU.
Here is that post which has another possible solution for you: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/towi...ar-399285.html
It’s worth reading FireUp’s explanation on why a bike (900 lbs plus the lift) on the back of his rig only took 190 lbs off his front axle.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Finally an excellent answer as NO WAY do you have enough axle capacity to add that much weight that far back.
HEY ........ I was saying it in a kinder, gentler way !!!!!
Old 07-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
OK, Finally another excellent answer...sorry.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote