Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
TriMark Blinking Light Location?

...nooo - not where it normally is (in that wadded up bundle of wire hidden under the dash) but has anyone done the project that Lukeaa mentioned in this post? The part of his post I am most interested in is this part -
Quote:
I forsee a small hole drilled in my dash, between the windshield and the curtains, where I will mount the LED for all the bad guys to see. I am mystified as to why Monaco left it wrapped up under the dash
Has anyone done this project yet ...and if so - where did you place that blinking light?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
MM....I glad this post got resurrected...I missed it. I went out last night at 11:00 pm and went hunting. I turned on the alarm and immediately spotted my blinking light while sitting in the stairwell and looking up under the center of the dash...behind the drawers.

I reached in and pulled the whole assembly out, it was just laying in there amongst the heater ducting.

Two things....the red light was coiled up and had a wire twisty on it. I untied that and the wire is about 3' long. I also saw that they powered the Trimark box by running a wire with a female spade on the end to a mini fuse and then ran a wire from the box with another female spade. These two spades were not plugged into a fuse holder, but just had the two ends of the fuse pushed down into the two female spade ends. This really surprised me...I'll add a fuse holder to it tonight.

I checked the dash and found that it would be VERY difficult to mount the blinking light on the dash near the windshield like in most cars. The defroster duct runs the whole length of the dash. The other problem is that the windshield has that black edging all around the edges and would prevent you from seeing the light, especially at the height of the coach. I also wanted the light to show when the front curtains are closed, so moving it farther back on the dash didn't work for me.

I finally decided to mount it in the plastic cover covering the passenger "A" pillar. I'll mount it up about 4"-6" above the dash height. It will actually face forward like a headlight. I figured this would make it visible at the front of the coach and the front door. It will be simple to fish a wire from there to the the Trimark box. The light is plugged into the box and is easily removeable. I'm going to remove it, add about another 3' of wire to it and fish it through the "A" pillar panel.

Anyone with a better location idea....let me know.....I'm open to suggestions.

MM....I know you had already found your light, but I posted the location of mine for the benefit of others.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mama and Don, Thanks for the info on our TriMark system. I called TriMark and talked to Anita in parts about how the system works. I was told that the on/off button is to be used when programing key fobs. The LED only blinks when armed if you push the lock button twice. So I tried it and it works fine. Now where to put the light to scare off intruders.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
MM...Here are the photos of where I installed mine. Pretty easy to route wire to this location. I had to lengthen the light wire by about a foot. I also secured the TriMark box under the dash with two sided tape.

Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Don..very nicely done! Sacs had decided yesterday that would probably be the place that our light would go to also-but we wanted to see if anyone else had done it yet and where they put it.

I should have known that you would get it done less than 24 hours after reading the thread.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Don, Nice spot for the alarm led. I told my DW that I wanted to put the led on the bottom end of the grab handle so it would blink through the clear plastic, but she said that it would look to suggestive. I guess I'll keep looking.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #7

Rexhall Owners Group
Got here from the RV.NET site. Do you have any pictures of the door lock and how the electric actuator is attached? I have all the pieces to add the actuator but could not find any details of the entire assembly. Lots of info on individual pieces but not the assembly. Any help will be appreciated.
PandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
PandK, Welcome to the forum. You will find that IRV2 is a great source for Information and insight on all RV's. Take a look at the TriMark web
TriMark Corporation - eASK User Manuals
Also what kind of a rig do you have?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Looks great Don, I will be looking under the dash for mine today.

Thanks for the pics
Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandK View Post
Got here from the RV.NET site. Do you have any pictures of the door lock and how the electric actuator is attached? I have all the pieces to add the actuator but could not find any details of the entire assembly. Lots of info on individual pieces but not the assembly. Any help will be appreciated.
PandK...welcome to iRV2! You will find all sorts of Monaco specific information in this location - so you may want to bookmark this site! We invite you to join the Monaco Owners Forum...it is free but it will add some extra fun to your life!
Again..welcome to iRV2...we hope you visit & post often!

Old 01-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
OK - another motorhome system mystery to solve. I have followed this thread and looked at our TriMark and find that it has the push button and the LED light as well (both neatly bundled up and tucked away under the dash). Our system controls the entry door lock as well as the cargo door locks. To unlock the entry door you push the FOB unlock button once and to unlock the cargo doors you push it a second time. When you push the lock button once you lock the entry door and the cargo doors. Now the mystery, when you the push the lock button a second time the LED lights and begins to blink but I have no idea what this does. Does it activate an alarm? If so where is the alarm sounded - horn? siren? Does it immobilize the ignition system? I have read the Monaco manual and the TriMark manual and they don't really explain things. I am going to sort through the wiring diagrams to see if they help answer the questions but I thought Don or someone here might know the answers. Thanks.

Lew
Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Perhaps the blinking LED light besides showing that all doors are locked, that it could be possible that there may be and alarm system in place. To keep the honest people out.
I think if you gave Anita in parts at TriMark that she would most likely have the info you need. She seemed to be very knowledgeable.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
One layer of the onion peeled. There are two wiring diagrams for the keyless entry system associated with our coach. One has no security system and one has a Magnadyne security module, in addition to the TriMark, that has a motion sensor, open sensors at each cargo door and the entry door, a ignition immobilizer and an alarm siren. Both have the push button and red LED - now I will have to dig deeper into the dash and see if I have the second module.

Lew
Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
MM...Here are the photos of where I installed mine. Pretty easy to route wire to this location. I had to lengthen the light wire by about a foot. I also secured the TriMark box under the dash with two sided tape.

Don,
After trying to find a better place to mount the blinkling light I mounted mine where you did. My TriMark box was burried under the radio and was tangled in just about every harness. I had remove the radio and unplug the TriMark box to untangle it. Very visable location and the best part," a free deterrent" well, almost free we had to buy the MH.