RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2007, 02:51 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hi folks, its me again with yet another question.

Our new to us 2006 Dip only had one key FOB so I ordered two more from TriMark and they came in yesterday. I had requested that programming instructions be included and they were. The thing is I thought the programming would be like on an auto where you just do some things with the inginition and the new key FOB. Not so and I need to locate the keyless entry electronic module.

Two questions:
Has anyone programmed new TriMark key FOBs?
Does anyone know where the module is located?

Thanks,

Bob

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2007, 02:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi folks, its me again with yet another question.

Our new to us 2006 Dip only had one key FOB so I ordered two more from TriMark and they came in yesterday. I had requested that programming instructions be included and they were. The thing is I thought the programming would be like on an auto where you just do some things with the inginition and the new key FOB. Not so and I need to locate the keyless entry electronic module.

Two questions:
Has anyone programmed new TriMark key FOBs?
Does anyone know where the module is located?

Thanks,

Bob

Old 11-02-2007, 05:15 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If it was factory installed, call Monaco Tech Support @ 1-877-466-6226. They will be able to tell you all you need. Even if you are not the original owner, they will help.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:10 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the tip Our Time, I'll give them a call.

Bob
Old 11-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #5

I have played with mine a bit trying to hook up the marker lights so they flash on and off. On mine the module is located in the cabinet(?) next to the pass seat. If you open the little cubby hole thing on top, you can pull it out and see all the wires and stuff inside. My module is a little bigger than a deck of cards. I had to get the instructions direct from TriMark as Monaco doesn't know how it works very well.

Carl
Old 11-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Carl,

I called the 24/7 Tech line and that is where the tech said the module would be. On my coach it is not there. He also said there would be a switch located near the driver side for activating the FOB programming. I have not found either the switch or the module.

My coach already is connected to turn on the marker lights for 30 seconds on unlock and flash them on lock. Guess I am lucky. You would think the Camelot would also since it is one price point higher than a Diplomat.

Bob
Old 11-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bob -

I inadvertently found my controller in the tangle of wires behind the dash-radio. i didn't even know I had such a thing, but was wiring-up my XM-radio one day and found this cool-looking box. Googled the part number, and now I have remote-entry.

As Carl/loranimal mentioned, it's about as big as a deck of playing-cards, nad has a wire-bundle coming out of it. Shouldn't be easy to find (if that's where it is).

The LED-flasher to let everyone know the door is locked was also wadded-up behind the dash, and I ran it out to the inside door-post so I/others can see if it's locked or not. Come to think of it, you might want to search at nite - lock the door (so the LED blinks) and then turn out all lites while looking in the dash.... might work.

Programming, huh? Guess I never paid attention to the instructions.

HTH,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ron,

Looking for the module at night is an excellent ideal. I still have not found the darn thing and have looked in a lot of likely spots. Someone on "that other internet site" suggested looking behind the drawers in the center console because that was where they found theirs. I did, and it was not there. I'll give the night time thing a go with the FOB in hand.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 11-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Ron,

Your suggestion to look at night did the trick. It was located slightly to right center next close to the windshield in a mess of wires. I still cannot actually see it but can see the flashing LED when the door is locked. I also saw a push button hanging down and hoped that was the one I needed to program the FOB. I followed the instructions from TriMark but have not been able to get the new FOB to program yet.

Thanks for the tip,

Bob
Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club

Mine ended up being in a mass of tangled, twisted (I mean 'bundle') of wires too, and was fortunately long-enough to pull closer so's I could get at it to work on it. Thanks for the tip on how to re-set the code!

You may want to consider mounting the blinky-lite somewhere visible from outside the coach so you and others can see if the door has been locked.

Oh, and there's a single wire (couple feet long) coming from the box that's the antenna. Doesn't seem to be much difference no matter where it's located, but try to get it close to outside of vehicle and not behind any big metal so it can receive the FOB-signal better.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Here is a question for you, I have called Tri-mark but haven't gotten a call back yet. My buttons on the remotes are backward for what they are suppossed to do. In other words if I push the unlock button, it locks the door. If I push the lock button, it un-locks the door. I had the door replaced about 8 mo. ago and I am thinking the repairman switched something when he re-installed the new door. What do you all think?
Bill
Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To program the key fobs for the Tri-Mark Keyless Entry System.
  • Turn on ignition
  • Depress black program button on the receiver 3 times (LED will come on)
  • Depress the LOCK button on the transmitter (The LED will flash when it learns the transmitter code). Press LOCK button on the second transmitter.
  • Turn OFF the Ignition switch. (LED will turn off)
  • System is ready to use.

The switch, LED and control box are located behind the AC controls under the radio.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Gordon,
I must have a different system than you do. Mine is on a 06 HR Endeavor. I don't have a program button on my fob. I do have a red button on the module under the dash. Is that what you are talking about? I tried to push the red button three times with the ignition on but the led don't light up. I guess it is the older system.
Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon66 View Post
To program the key fobs for the Tri-Mark Keyless Entry System.

• Turn on ignition
  • Depress black program button on the receiver 3 times (LED will come on)
  • Depress the LOCK button on the transmitter (The LED will flash when it learns the transmitter code). Press LOCK button on the second transmitter.
  • Turn OFF the Ignition switch. (LED will turn off)
  • System is ready to use.

The switch, LED and control box are located behind the AC controls under the radio.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Here is a question for you, I have called Tri-mark but haven't gotten a call back yet. My buttons on the remotes are backward for what they are suppossed to do. In other words if I push the unlock button, it locks the door. If I push the lock button, it un-locks the door. I had the door replaced about 8 mo. ago and I am thinking the repairman switched something when he re-installed the new door. What do you all think?
Bill
Bill,

If your lock/unlock sequence was correct before the door was replaced then the tech has swapped the wires for the solenoid in the door. I would take it back and have him correct that. The module under the dash has two control circuits for the door, one to unlock and one to lock. They both do the same thing so if they get swapped anywhere it will have the effect of reversing the lock and unlock buttons. Since your door was just replaced that is the first place to look.

Bob