Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Trimark keyless entry

I need to upgrade my Trimark keyless entry system as the old keyfobs are no longer available. Can anyone who's done this tell me if this is a direct replacement (where you simply unplug the old module, change it out, and plug the new one in) or is the installation more complex?

Also, can anyone shed any light on where I'll be able to find the existing module on my '05 Windsor?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Keyless RV Door Lock

Maybe it's time to upgrade. Now they have push button models.
No fobs to carry.
Example: Mobile Outfitters 296656 RVLock Keyless RV Door Lock White
Check with a Monaco Dealer. What make and model are they using now??
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotec View Post
I need to upgrade my Trimark keyless entry system as the old keyfobs are no longer available. Can anyone who's done this tell me if this is a direct replacement (where you simply unplug the old module, change it out, and plug the new one in) or is the installation more complex?

Also, can anyone shed any light on where I'll be able to find the existing module on my '05 Windsor?
I will be interested to see what you can find. I would like to do the same thing. An upgrade to a push button model would be nice but I am not sure the one posted earlier would work.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We added the outside keypad to ours last year. It is excellent not to carry keys anymore.

Our module was fairly small and under the dash behind the radio and near the Aladdin module.

The keypad was a fairly easy addition and did not require any other hardware change. We did need to snake a wire from the keypad to the module. I think we followed a wire loom under the chassis and up.

Good Luck.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #5

My only FOB died yesterday. Replacement FOB's are available at what cost I've yet to find out from TriMark. I contacted Monaco to find the location of the receiver/control unit I finally found it after pulling the radio. Monaco suggested to check under the co-pilot cup holder (3 screws), under the dash access cover and finally pull the radio. I like the idea of installing an outside keypad but not the thought of fishing wires - I'm lazy. Getting new FOB's and pulling the radio again to train them seems the better than fishing - unless it's easy?
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

A number of years back I did just that because we had the old FOB's that were no longer available. As I remember the new unit will not plug directly into the old connector. I was able to trace out the connections and wire in the new unit. It has been working for years now. About two years ago while at the FMCA rally in Indianapolis the TriMark folks were there and selling the key FOB's(new version). I purchased a spare just in case they discontinue the system we have now.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:27 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNuts View Post
My only FOB died yesterday. Replacement FOB's are available at what cost I've yet to find out from TriMark. I contacted Monaco to find the location of the receiver/control unit I finally found it after pulling the radio. Monaco suggested to check under the co-pilot cup holder (3 screws), under the dash access cover and finally pull the radio. I like the idea of installing an outside keypad but not the thought of fishing wires - I'm lazy. Getting new FOB's and pulling the radio again to train them seems the better than fishing - unless it's easy?
I believe we were able to pull the panel that contains the AC/Heat controls and get to the TriMark module. Maybe you have the newer unit as TriMark could not provide us new FOB's. Maybe they have had so many requests that they are re-stocking them again. Don't know.

Have you attempted to replace the battery in the FOB? They have a watch battery inside that can be replaced.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:38 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Here's what I did last fall. The remote FOB I purchased is still working well. It has a longer range than the original. Thanks to Rich near Portland, OR for finding the vendor.

Keyless Entry FOB Replacement

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:50 AM   #9

bandmmorris

Quote:

Check with TriMark as they are very helpful and can likely advise of the problem you have and what is needed to solve your problem. I have an 07 Camelot and the module was in the compartment next to the passenger seat. It is simple to replace, but you need to determine if the fobs are bad or if the module is bad.
bandmmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #10

Just had to replace my outside key pad and the non-working key fobs.

Called Monaco parts and got an upgrade kit (plug and play) with existing wiring and program the fobs.

Not the cheapest way to go but I didn't have to worry about will the old stuff work with the new parts.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #11

After finally reaching Trimark, my system is no longer supported. After pricing out replacing the receiver brick and 2 new FOB's, I called Mobile Outfitters as Rich suggested. A new Trimark system would run $150 and require some wire tracing while 2 FOB's from Mobile were $100. Good enough for me. Thanks Rich!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorDave View Post
Here's what I did last fall. The remote FOB I purchased is still working well. It has a longer range than the original. Thanks to Rich near Portland, OR for finding the vendor.

Keyless Entry FOB Replacement

FWIW
Ok ordering one of these. Saved me a lot of trouble.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote