Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #15
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
Wow, how is that working out? What size magnets are you using? I assume you're using them in steel cups to get better hold?

I was researching SouthCo latches, like the one holding the side A/C radiator door closed. But this sounds like it could be a better solution! (If they hold well.)
K&J Magnetics - Products

You will be amazed how strong these are. A pair of these will hold amazing things.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2015, 04:09 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Interesting. I've used neodymium magnets before, but haven't seen them with the countersunk hole. I've always used the plain disc magnets, putting them in steel cups:

Yes, those magnets are amazingly strong. But put them in one of those steel cups and it concentrates the magnetic field making them MUCH stronger!
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:27 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
Where did you find the fobs? I would love to have another one, but I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find any that work with mine. The only ones I could find would require me to replace the controller and all associated parts - not worth it. (Maybe my 2007 has the older version with impossible to find fobs, while your 2008 has the newer possible to find fobs?)
Adam,

It has been about 6 years now so I don't remember all the details but I did change out our TriMark control module for one of the newer ones. It was not that bad and the cost of the module at that time was less than $100. I remember the wire colors for the different functions were different and the connector was not the same. Once I determined which functions were on the pins of the new module and what devices were on the old wires, I was able to connect the new module to the coach. It has been working for years now.

When we purchased the coach it only had one key FOB. At that time TriMark still had some of the older style key FOBs and I purchased two. When they came in I tried desperately to get them to program and called TriMark several times and had a technician walk me through the process. Still no joy. I finally came to the conclusion that there was a problem in the programming portion of the TriMark module. I called TriMark back and asked to send the module in for repair. They said all their electronics was out sourced and they did not have anyone on staff that could repair or troubleshoot the module. That was when I inquired about the cost of the later version and since the cost was less than I expected we ordered one with two FOBs.

The answer to your next questions is no. I no longer have any of the older style FOBs as they were given to other coach owners years ago.

Using a key to lock and unlock the door is not that bad but with your skills I am sure you could change out the control module to the newer versions if you wish to go down that road.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
The answer to your next questions is no. I no longer have any of the older style FOBs
Dang, you read my mind!

Quote:
Using a key to lock and unlock the door is not that bad but with your skills I am sure you could change out the control module to the newer versions if you wish to go down that road.
Oh, I'm sure I could swap out the unit. I could probably build one from scratch! The limiting factor in both scenarios is not money or ability, but time, which seems to be a rare commodity for me these days...

Part of my hesitation is that if I'm going to go to the work of swapping out the module, I might as well go ahead and swap out the outside grab bar to one that has the keypad on it. But that means more work and running wires, which bring up that time issue again.

But thanks for the advice, maybe I'll have to time to do it eventually... and then I'll kick myself for not doing it sooner!
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
trimark

I got my fobs from trimark. I did notice that they seemed to have older versions (prior to 2008) also. It is worth a try.

I couldn't find anybody in my area that carried the fobs so trimark was nice enough to sell me the ones I needed. Try this site:

530-0100 e-FOB Transmitter | TriMark Corporation

also an update: I think I found my controller. I used the click to find it. It appears to be behind the HVAC controls. I haven't taken the HVAC panel off yet because my MH is in the shop. I really appreciate all the help. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I make sure that the controller is hidden behind the HVAC panel.

I love this forum!!

Lance Emerson
sfdladder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Lance
Bob helped me find mine in the same location. Removed HVAC controls and found it behind the heater hose in front of firewall. It was sitting on the front lip of storage cabinet in front of firewall!! Monaco did a good job of
Hiding the Tri-Mark!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I did it.

I found the unit behind the HVAC panel. I reset my new fobs. It only let me set two fobs. I guess I have a spare.

thanks for all the help everyone.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:14 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Do you need hands on the box to program new fobs? I bought some new fobs and turned my ignition key on 8 times (as directed in the manual). On the 8th turn the door locks. I push a button on the fob and nothing? Am I missing a step?

Jeff
2001 Dynasty Regent tag axle
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:51 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
fob programing

My system is made by tri mark. Is yours a different manufacturer?
Old 03-11-2015, 02:35 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
Do you need hands on the box to program new fobs? I bought some new fobs and turned my ignition key on 8 times (as directed in the manual). On the 8th turn the door locks. I push a button on the fob and nothing? Am I missing a step?

Jeff
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
Same question Jeff, who made your system. Ours is a Trimark and to program new FOB's we must push a button attached to the control module. Most automobiles can program new FOB's by using a sequence with the ignition key.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
TRIMARK keyless entry

Edited
I thought it was a Trimark TM867 according to build sheet. But that appears to be the keyed lock on the door (not the deadbolt or the fob).
The keyless is a Ford. Coach came with a fob I've never gotten to work. Previous owner said it worked before.
It does have a key pad on the door that does work. Just not the fob.
To program it my manual says to turn the key on 8 times and then push the fob unlock. On the 8th key turn the door locks but the fob foes not unlock it

Jeff
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote