Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Triple Slide-Out Control Board

My control board for the triple slides I have on my coach started to act up yesterday. My wife & I were hearing some weird noises coming from below the coach. Went out to investigate, nothing unusual underneath, went to the engine compartment as raccoons sometimes get in there, nothing but I did notice some clicking noises coming from the curbside of the coach. Opened up the curbside rear electronics compartment and one or more relays on the Slide-Out Control Board were chattering away. Went inside and tried the slides and got some sporadic or no responses from all of the slides. By the time I was done trouble-shooting, none of the slides were operating correctly. I removed the control board, called Monaco Tech, and they had just sold the last control board earlier that afternoon, Just My Luck! Then decided to start looking for places to purchase only the relays. I found many web sites with a large variety of prices and minimums. After thoroughly looking around the Internet, I found one site where they were selling the relay for $1.32 but you had to buy a minimum so I ended up buying 20 relays plus shipping whereas I only really needed 5 to replace all of the relays on the board especially not knowing which one or ones were defective.

My question is, has anyone had to replace their relays or slide-out control board and what method did you choose to repair it, where did you locate the part or parts, and what did it cost?

I think I have enough relays to last me a lifetime, although possibly these same relays may be used in other control board functions someplace else in the coach, don’t know but will hang onto them for the future.

Happy Holidays!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #2

John Boy

Very good idea. Do it yourself is always cheaper. Have you had to use any of the extras? ie recurring problem?
John
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
John Boy,

Actually after testing each of the 5 relays on the board, all of them were fine so I didn't place the order for the extra relays.

The board had a catastrophic meltdown on the printed circuit base side so I simply used a 14 gauge wire to jumper over the melted circuit.

The real cause was a shorted kitchen slide motor.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote