RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hi Everyone

I just received an notice from Monacao concerning a TSI 173 Cummins Dash Engine Warning Light correction on 07 Caymans, Diplomats, Knights, LaPalma Diesel and HR Ambassadors, Endeavors, Neptunes, Vacationer Diesels. I was just wondering if anybody else has received this notice and if you may have had the work done already? I will thank you in advance for any information and /or discussion concerning this TSI. Subject now open for comments and thoughts.

bkphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Hi Everyone

I just received an notice from Monacao concerning a TSI 173 Cummins Dash Engine Warning Light correction on 07 Caymans, Diplomats, Knights, LaPalma Diesel and HR Ambassadors, Endeavors, Neptunes, Vacationer Diesels. I was just wondering if anybody else has received this notice and if you may have had the work done already? I will thank you in advance for any information and /or discussion concerning this TSI. Subject now open for comments and thoughts.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bill...
We aren't home...can you tell us exactly what the notice is about?

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Bill...
We aren't home...can you tell us exactly what the notice is about?

MM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi MM and all others who may have a concern.

It is a TECHNICAL SERVICE INFORMATION BULLETIN # 173. It concerns just 07 MH's listed in my opening post. The bulletin concerns the Cummins engine warning light wiring. The configuration of the wires in the Cummins engine electrical harness plug needs to be checked and corrected for the engine warning light in the dash to function properly.

I just talked to one of my local Monaco dealers and I have an appointment to get this checked on Thursday of this week. The service manager called Monaco and they told him that two wires may be connected in the wrong spot within this plug. Monaco did suggest to get this checked and corrected (if needed) ASAP. It does not seem to be a critical (emergency item) but Monaco is just informing owners to get this addressed as a customer courtesy. This ofcourse is a good thing
So that is all I know so far.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Thanks for the explanation of the TSI, Bill. At least those of us who are away from our mail homebase will know what to be asking about...

Mama

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Bill,
On your instrument cluster are the words "check engine" visible? I was looking at my owner's yesterday an on pg 172, item #7 and it shows the words but my cluster is blank in that spot. Everything else in the diagram matches exactly. BTW when I turn the key on nothing illuminates in that spot either.

Reason I'm asking is that I believe the tech messed up when he checked this. Last Wednesday I had this TSI checked and happened to be sitting in the passenger seat when the tech came in to work on it. He had the instructions from Monaco which say if the light comes on for 3 - 5 seconds after turning the key on and goes out everything is working. Monaco also told me there were no parts involved with this fix, just rewiring. While looking at the cluster he asked, more to himself than me, where is the check engine light. Oh it must be here ... but he was referring to and looking at the "warning" light (item #16). Hey, he's the tech and I'm not so when he said it was working fine, I assumed he was checking the correct item. If I hadn't been sitting beside him to see what he did and then happened to be looking at the manual a couple days later I would have figured everything was OK. Guess I need to call them and Monaco on Monday if what I'm now thinking is correct.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
BoB

Hi

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Have been really busy with some improvements on the "stick house" and I just have not been on IRV2 for a week or two.

To try to answer your questions.
My manual also shows the "Check Engine" words in the photo of the dash panel on page 172.
but it is not physically on the actual panel in the MH??????????????

The light does not light when the engine is started.???????????????

As for the TSI correction, I had this work done earlier in the year along with some other work on the MH and I was assured that everything was correct / and or corrected. My workorder from my dealer states that the work was checked and it was correct. It is just a matter of switching two wires. To be honest with you I never really followed up real closely with the tech concerning this matter. Now you have me wondering about this matter. I would be very curious to hear what MONACO has to say about our units not having the words or even the light within our panels. Please keep me posted here in what you might find out from them.

Have a great day and in your travels be safe.

Bill
spot of the
Old 08-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Bill,

It was confirmed that the "WARNING" light not the "CHECK ENGINE" light is the issue.

I e-mailed and received this reply from HR Tech.

"This is a change in the how the Cummins engine is set up as they now use only the Warning light and no longer the Check Engine Light. Unfortunately this was a change that was made shortly after our manual was produced and we were unable to remove the subject from page or the light from the icon panel at the dash.

The TSI 173 is to verify that bulb check is working on the warning light at the dash icon panel. This Warning icon light needs to come on for about three seconds and then cycle off.

Enjoy your Neptune.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:57 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Bob,

Thanks for the info.

Have a good day

Bill