Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
When I start the project I will post pics. Again, thanks everyone.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
hardy1000....I'm doing this exact project now. Mine is a little more intricate, but I'll throw it out there. I have the 19" RCA in the cabinet against the back wall. The door opens out at a little more than a 45 degree angle. I wanted to remove the old TV and just mount a flat panel to the cabinet door and gain all of that space behind it. I ran into two issues. I have a bedroom slide that would have interfered with a TV mounted on the cabinet door. The second issue was the ability to make it look right. A flat panel just didn't cover the square hole well. I didn't want to have to use filler material at the top and bottom.

A couple of years ago I had an extra cabinet door made by Monaco for a project that I decided not to do. The cabinet door is 9" wide and 23" tall. I'm waiting on the arrival of a second door, from Monaco, that measures 17 1/2" wide by 23" tall. The two cabinet doors, side by side, will cover the cabinet opening where the old TV was located. The cabinet is 30" deep. I plan to install a 26"-27" flat panel TV that will slide into the cabinet. It will slide out from the rear of the coach toward the front. This sliding part will be behind the small cabinet door. The large cabinet door will give access to the rest of the cabinet.

I hope I painted a mental picture. As soon as the door arrives from Monaco I'll begin work and take photos as I go.

The small door I purchased 3 years ago was $90.00. The larger one I just purchased was $223.00. I hope this second one is as nice as the first. The first was an exact match to my woodwork.
Thanks Don, I look forward to some pics.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
Thanks Don, I look forward to some pics.
..well...I know Diplomat Don knows how to put links in for his photos ...let's see if he can actually get the photos in his post this time!

Sorry, Dip D ..I guess this is the only real ribbing I can give you! MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I use a side mount for my 26" Vizio TV which I purchased from Wal-Mart. The mount attaches to the left side of the TV cabinet. I have the entire cabinet available for storage. I use the bottom portion for storing my Direct TV DVR. I had to drill 3 holes to anchor the mount, but with the swing arm I can move the TV to the left or directly in front of the cabinet. I normally take the TV off the mount when traveling and place it flat down on the bed. It normally takes 1-2 minutes to lift the TV on the mount, twist one nut and connect the cables. I can also take the TV outside for Wii bowling. I like the 26" screen for watching TV from the bed.
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #19

tv

what a good idia im glad i am on this site thanks to all
katoommaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdave View Post
I use a side mount for my 26" Vizio TV which I purchased from Wal-Mart.....I normally take the TV off the mount when traveling and place it flat down on the bed. It normally takes 1-2 minutes to lift the TV on the mount, twist one nut and connect the cables. I can also take the TV outside for Wii bowling. I like the 26" screen for watching TV from the bed.
ChiefDave..Do you have any photos that you can share? I figure we would get a Vizio whenever that TV needs to be replaced - so I am curious about your set up. I also have to agree - you could do "wii bowling" in the living room - but I have to agree - there is no way to bowl in the bedroom

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #21

Television Droor Mod.

I just recently replaced the rear TV in my 2007 Diplomat PDQ. I took a little different approach and installed a 26" Insignia from BestBuy as a drawer slide out. It works very well. I used Drawer catches at the top to hold it closed.

This is my first attempt at attaching photo's, I hope I did it correctly

Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Mod 001.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	2037

Name:	TV Mod 002.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	2038

Name:	TV Mod 003.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2039
Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #22

bedroom tv

I took the upper cabinet apart left the bottom cabinet and added a wall mount and a flat screen tv very easy to do the only thing is that you will need to cut a piece of the upper cabinet and add to the top of the lower very easy to do and looks very nice-factory.If you like when we go this weekend I will try to take some pics of the mod.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bare1foot View Post
I took the upper cabinet apart left the bottom cabinet and added a wall mount and a flat screen tv very easy to do the only thing is that you will need to cut a piece of the upper cabinet and add to the top of the lower very easy to do and looks very nice-factory.If you like when we go this weekend I will try to take some pics of the mod.
Bare1foot

Sounds great, please send some pics I would appriciate it. Have a good trip this weekend.