Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #1

Two slide motors?

Does anyone know if there are two slide motors on the bedroom curb side slide on our motorhome? Which is a 2004 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ.
I'll call Monaco or whoever owns them tomorrow but thought some of the knowledgeable people on here might know. Still trying to trouble shoot the one side only movement of the slide.

Thanks,
Keith
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2015, 07:28 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We had an 01 Ambassador and it only had one slide motor under the bed and it was a mechanical gear driven slide. I do not know alot about that year, but I am thinking they had changed to cable driven slides with a cable on each end of the slide driven by a single motor with 2 hubs for the cables. Something to check out though, may be one broken cable, which I understand was not uncommon. Hope this may help a little, Happy Trails Bert
Old 12-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2003 HR, it has one motor under the bed, I can see it when the slide is in by looking under the bed from the side, next to the wall. If I had your trouble I would look for something blocking it from sliding out or maybe hanging up on something. Looking from outside, does the slide look level left to right, also does the awning topper look ok, mine hung up one time, make sure it will roll, requires going on roof or tall ladder, should be able to turn it by hand, just enough to make sure it's free.
Hope it's easy,
John G
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:51 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Our 07 Diplomat 38PDQ has a single motor that pulls cables to run the bedroom curb slide in and out. You can access the motor by prying off the wood trim above the slide on the inside of the coach.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:17 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgoagain View Post
Does anyone know if there are two slide motors on the bedroom curb side slide on our motorhome? Which is a 2004 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ.
I'll call Monaco or whoever owns them tomorrow but thought some of the knowledgeable people on here might know. Still trying to trouble shoot the one side only movement of the slide.

Thanks,
Keith
The first thing I would look for is a shaft driven by a single motor with a gear at each end that runs on a linear gear. On the side that does not move make sure the gear did not shear a key or roll pin or become loose for some reason.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #6

Okay everyone, thanks for posting replies. I called Monaco or who ever owns them now. their tech department said our motorhome has two motors for that slide and there is a synchronization module that keeps them working together. They suspect that something is wrong in that module. Apparently Lippert now owns the company that used to manufacture the sync. module. The tech guy said the module is no longer made but that maybe Lippert can help me trouble shoot it. Sure hope so. Hate to be without one slide. Has to be a work around.
If and when I figure it out I will post back. May be a while since the holidays are coming up.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Okay everyone, thanks for posting replies. I called Monaco or who ever owns them now. their tech department said our motorhome has two motors for that slide and there is a synchronization module that keeps them working together. They suspect that something is wrong in that module. Apparently Lippert now owns the company that used to manufacture the sync. module. The tech guy said the module is no longer made but that maybe Lippert can help me trouble shoot it. Sure hope so. Hate to be without one slide. Has to be a work around.
If and when I figure it out I will post back. May be a while since the holidays are coming up.
Well that sounds like a complex system. Lippert was pretty easy to deal with the 2 different times I dealt with them.
Good luck on a simple solution.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:34 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
See if you can get Monaco or Lippert to send you a schematic for the module. Could be something as simple as a bad relay.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide