Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ever since we got our coach we have been strugling with an unpleasant smell from the black and grey tanks.

We bought a new ½ million dollar (may have been slightly less on sale) pressure valve (located under the kithen sink in our coach)and replaced the factory installed valve. Didn't make any difference. Re-installed the $5 original valve again.

We had Monaco check for leaks. No result / nothing wrong.

Then we went and bought a "Cyclone sewer vent" from Camping World. See this link.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...wer-vent/31992

Since this was installed we have had no bad smells whatsoever. It took longer to get on the roof than it took to install the new vent.

This is an easy fix for under $20 and we thought that we would share this experience since we most likely are not the only ones with this problem.

If you suffer the smell that we did - go buy this vent. For $20 you can't go wrong.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ever since we got our coach we have been strugling with an unpleasant smell from the black and grey tanks.

We bought a new ½ million dollar (may have been slightly less on sale) pressure valve (located under the kithen sink in our coach)and replaced the factory installed valve. Didn't make any difference. Re-installed the $5 original valve again.

We had Monaco check for leaks. No result / nothing wrong.

Then we went and bought a "Cyclone sewer vent" from Camping World. See this link.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...wer-vent/31992

Since this was installed we have had no bad smells whatsoever. It took longer to get on the roof than it took to install the new vent.

This is an easy fix for under $20 and we thought that we would share this experience since we most likely are not the only ones with this problem.

If you suffer the smell that we did - go buy this vent. For $20 you can't go wrong.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I installed one two months back and most all of my oder problems have gone away.

Good product.
Zbugsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, had the same problem but decided to install the 360 Siphon Vent because it has a much lower profile and no moving parts. I also got mine at Camping World.
CC
Old 10-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Great solution, another is not to leave your sewer drain open, most showers don't have a "P" trap and a open sewer drain will allow the sewer smell to come out of the shower drain.

Thanks again
Old 10-16-2008, 05:48 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I bought one a few months ago but need to install it still.

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I've installed approx. 18 months ago the RV 360 vent on my 06 Diplomat.

Since then no smelly odors and I don't even have to add deodoriser in my tanks. I only add occasionnaly to the tanks to clean up the gauge sensors.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Just installed mine. It took two days because the hole they cut in the roof was twice the size of the pipe coming out. I used liquid foam to take up space and once it dried I was able to seal it up with silicone. I'm leaving for the beach soon so I'll know how well it keeps the smell out. I use to get it bad when driving.

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Old 10-24-2008, 07:01 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Drive to the beach went well. No Smell. Now I may buy one for the Gray tank vent.

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD