Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Update on Rex

I talked with Rex's wife today and she says he won't be around much longer. She thinks it will be less than a month. He is not taking any visitors except family, and he doesn't even know them. Please pray for the family.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the update Joe....Our prayers are with him and his family.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:31 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Joe. I'm so sorry to hear that. Rex and his family are in our prayers.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:40 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I talked with Rex's wife today and she says he won't be around much longer. She thinks it will be less than a month. He is not taking any visitors except family, and he doesn't even know them. Please pray for the family.
Thanks for the update Joe. We will pray for the family. We met Rex and his wife once and they are fantastic folks. Rex did a lot for the Monaco community and he is missed.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:47 AM   #5

Why is it always the good guys? Rex will be missed. My heart is with the family.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Being a newer member and not knowing anything about Rex, I would love to hear some stories about him. You all have such admiration for him and it makes me want to learn more about him. God bless him and his family in this difficult time.
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun View Post
Being a newer member and not knowing anything about Rex, I would love to hear some stories about him. You all have such admiration for him and it makes me want to learn more about him. God bless him and his family in this difficult time.
I didn't have a lot of time to get to know Rex before he became ill, but he had a vast knowledge of Monaco coaches and was always willing to help anyone who needed him!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
_broadrun_.....I've been on IRV2, particularly the Monaco forum for about seven years. Anytime you asked a question or needed to know where to find an obscure part, Rex would come online, answer your question and link you to the part you needed.

Sometimes posts can be heated and bad information can be posted. Rex quietly stayed away from the heated posts and then would politely post the facts, bringing the thread to a stop with information that was always accurate. He did soooo many things to his own coach, but didn't necessarily talk about them unless someone needed info.

About four years ago my rear radiator developed a leak. I started looking for a new or rebuilt radiator that led to websites and parts distributors all over the country. Most of them having radiators that started at $3000.00 or more. I posted here for help and the next thing I know, Rex links me to a brand new radiator, charge air cooler, engine shroud and trans cooler, on a pallet, that had been purchased when Monaco went out of business. The whole assembly was shipped to my house for about $800.00. I sent Rex a bottle of whiskey on that one.....should have sent him a case!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Rex and i have been friends for 7 or 8 yrs and as has been posted was super nice guy, i have visited with him AL and made a trip with him to deliver a coach to a member of the Monacoer forum that was from Altlanta but in San Diego CA for cancer treatment and wanted to spend the last year of his life camping when he could, he was able to enjoy the coach before he died. This was Rex's deal i just volunteered to go along to help drive. He was a very caring and kind guy I will miss him!
Thanks Joe.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Don, Joe and everybody. This world really is populated with some good people and sounds like Rex has cemented his spot within that group.

Safe travels all.
-Rob
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Our prayers are with Rex and his family.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Never met the man but it sure is refreshing to hear about such a caring individual. Our thoughts are with him and his family.
obwahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #13
Retired Senior Member

Prayers for Rex and his family. As everyone has said, he is a super nice guy and always the voice of reason in any controversy. Never met a stranger and never a harsh word about anyone or anything. Gonna miss you Rex.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
thanks for the update Joe Our prayers for him and his family.We all here on IRV2 should take a moment of prayer for his family in this time of need
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote