Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Mist View Post
Hey there GolpherGuy! Thank you for the Solar info, and the 45 amp controller. Can i ask you how you were able to get 600watts of solar? I have one panel up ther and was hoping ot get by with just replacing the Solar with one sam size so I don't have to drill more holes in the roof...

Did you add more than one solar panel?
When upgrading solar I removed the 100 W panel as it was not compatible with the three new 200W panels. I would have added more but to do so would have needed to upgrade the 45amp controller. Hit my dollar limit. I wouldn't be to concerned about the roof installation the bracket screws are pretty easy to keep sealed up if that is the concern. With the solar, new Trojan T145 batteries, and AGS I think I'm OK keeping my refer cold with no worries at all. I like my ice cream and beverages ice cold.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #44

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ocean Mist
When you are ready to upgrade the solar, talk to AM Solar in Springfield, OR. On the last coach, I purchased the parts from them after discussing the system. They are highly recommended !!
Pic of my last coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4 New Panels.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	169696  
Old 07-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same Coach as yours and have been through it top to bottom over the last three years. Regarding your slower slide. It should be the bed slide that is slower and this is normal. It is the only slide that runs directly off an electric motor. The others are electric driving hydraulic. My small bedroom slide actually is the fastest. You should be able to see your solar panel output on your Alladin screen. Look at the electric screen on the bottom. Regarding your Aquahot. Take a look at the drain valve on the lower right once the cover is off. If it is plastic best to replace it. They are know to fail without notice. Replace with brass. This goes for the mixing valve also that is to the left of the drain valve. If you do not have good records as to when the fluid was drained I would suggest draining, flushing and replacing with new boiler fluid. This is kind of a painful process as you have to flush the system well with many gallons of distilled water. I just did mine this Spring and it took a good 1/2 a day. Regarding LED lights, remember that your lights are dim able by holding down the light switch until the decider light level is obtained. Be sure to get dim able LEDs. Feel free to PM me if you would like any more detail on your Coach
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:55 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
Be sure to get dim able LEDs.
Doesn't the Executive have a computer and PMC dimming? PMC dimming doesn't require dimmable LED's, just a better quality LED to avoid flickering.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:32 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
Doesn't the Executive have a computer and PMC dimming? PMC dimming doesn't require dimmable LED's, just a better quality LED to avoid flickering.

X2 for sure
Old 07-23-2017, 04:55 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Ocean Mist, aren't you taking a road trip to the NW soon? I think there is someone up there that can do a backup of your computer and all of the switch panels. I don't know who but IMHO if possible it should be high on your priority list.

I had M&M in Ohio City, Ohio do my backup as well as add and change some switch functions, I should start a thread about that.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:04 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Yes you are correct hypoxia regarding the LEDs not needing to be dimmable. My bad.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:44 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post
When upgrading solar I removed the 100 W panel as it was not compatible with the three new 200W panels. I would have added more but to do so would have needed to upgrade the 45amp controller. Hit my dollar limit. I wouldn't be to concerned about the roof installation the bracket screws are pretty easy to keep sealed up if that is the concern. With the solar, new Trojan T145 batteries, and AGS I think I'm OK keeping my refer cold with no worries at all. I like my ice cream and beverages ice cold.

Hey there GG, That is great about your Solar! I believe I have the Dometic Refrigerator. I haven't done much with the Refer' but when I do, and since my rig originally had a Residential Fridge' I might be contemplating the Swap more vigorously...lol! It's kinda fun having so many things to learn, but at times overwhelming, due to the fact that I'm taking care of both my elderly parents. A job i love to do jus time consuming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dverstra View Post
Ocean Mist
When you are ready to upgrade the solar, talk to AM Solar in Springfield, OR. On the last coach, I purchased the parts from them after discussing the system. They are highly recommended !!
Pic of my last coach.
I have it written down and will try to make an appointment tomorrow. Thanks for the info! and nice roof on your last coach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
I have the same Coach as yours and have been through it top to bottom over the last three years. Regarding your slower slide. It should be the bed slide that is slower and this is normal. It is the only slide that runs directly off an electric motor. The others are electric driving hydraulic. My small bedroom slide actually is the fastest. You should be able to see your solar panel output on your Alladin screen. Look at the electric screen on the bottom. Regarding your Aquahot. Take a look at the drain valve on the lower right once the cover is off. If it is plastic best to replace it. They are know to fail without notice. Replace with brass. This goes for the mixing valve also that is to the left of the drain valve. If you do not have good records as to when the fluid was drained I would suggest draining, flushing and replacing with new boiler fluid. This is kind of a painful process as you have to flush the system well with many gallons of distilled water. I just did mine this Spring and it took a good 1/2 a day. Regarding LED lights, remember that your lights are dim able by holding down the light switch until the decider light level is obtained. Be sure to get dim able LEDs. Feel free to PM me if you would like any more detail on your Coach

Thank you for the info on the Bedroom slide. Yes that is the one that is slow. It is also the one where the rubber is pulling off as it goes back and forth. you can seee the picture in the beginning of the post. I really need my slides to... well... slide.

That is soo Kool that we have a similar Coach! We are brother's from another mother...I really want ot pick your brain, but I have been busy with Cement contractors, Electricians, and Plumbers. So, i can pull the Rig into my side yard... There is existing 4" 10yr old concrete ther already, but they are adding 2' x 60' x 6" concrete and engineered re-bar placement.

Then, I'm getting a 50 amp service, and a 3" clean out for the Mascerator...and you know when your getting work done, you have o watch them at all times.. or else...lol

Thank you very much for the remainder of information that you have given me. I am going to go thru it and re read it all again a few more times. I got to the Aqua hot, and then i haven't been able to get back to it. The Aladdin, I fixed the side cameras so they werent loose and then when they were fixed, the rear camera went out. I have no idea what happened there...? but again no time..

Quote:
Yes, It does... I mean i paid enough so it should ...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
X2 for sure
Hey booms, I wish I had time to talk...

Quote:
Ocean Mist, aren't you taking a road trip to the NW soon? I think there is someone up there that can do a backup of your computer and all of the switch panels. I don't know who but IMHO if possible it should be high on your priority list.

I had M&M in Ohio City, Ohio do my backup as well as add and change some switch functions, I should start a thread about that.
ok what does a back-up entail? Is it hard ware, or software, and did they give you like a USB or somethig? Thank for letting mee know that a Backup is available... That is half the battle

Lastly a few pics... Curious if my Belt is stretched too much?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9883.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	170008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9920.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	170009  

Name:	IMG_9924.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	170010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9925.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	170011  

Ocean Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:48 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Wink

This is my first home I was able to pay off. It isn't our Beach home on the Ocean, but I'm working on it...

The cracks, were forming due to the previous cement guys not making enough stress cuts... so I had to dig them out to be able to put a mixture of Portland cement and mortar...

The Boat is a 1999 MasterCraft MariStar, with a 330hp LTR. I had to go thru it as well, as it was pretty neglected. Luckily, like the Monaco, there is enough quality to work with...

The Monaco really doesn't fit in the neighborhood. I get a lot of Gaulkers, and people asking questions.

If it was new, it would definitely cost more than any house on the street, save for my house...lol

My house is on the right, out of view. The ones on the left are our rentals. so, they don't mind that I'm taking a little land...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9933.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	170012   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9937.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	384.8 KB
ID:	170013  

Name:	IMG_9962.jpg