Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
The GRAY hose in the picture that Drifter posted is the same type I used to correct the problem on our coach. I got it at Camping World and cut it to fit. As mentioned earlier, one hose will do at least 2 replacements. Are you sure the outlet nozzle on your discharge piping does not rotate up or down? Most Monaco coaches I have seen will rotate.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJGMG View Post
Hi..thanks... I have searched the internet for the Hose you mentioned above.. Not much luck.. I did find some 10 ft'rs +.. But I believe the one I'm looking for is approx 2 ft.. Will measure before I order.. If possible could you please send me a link ?.. TIA..
I used this one, but there are many others available. Several are shown at this same store. By buying a 20', I now have a 15' (+or-) regular dump hose in addition to getting rid of the black 3" hose that smelled. We use the regular dump hose when there is a line for the dump facility (faster) and the sani-con system when there is no one else around. (Full wash-out with flush).

Drifters plumbing arrangement has been modified for the way he wanted it to sit in the bay. You can get to the sanicon cleanout easier the way he has modified it.
Mandys Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to PJGMG
Quote:
Your config is a bit different than ours.. The LARGE hose is closer to the front and it also impedes me from putting the hose with the nozzle through the HOLE to the sewer.. As matter of fact last time I took off the LARGE hose and put the Skinny one through the opening, I broke the teeth on the large one when I tried to put it back.. So I just run it straight thru to the sewer..

Not sure that is the most efficient way to go.. I have browsed the internet for a replacement Large hose .. see post..

Thanks for taking the time to send the pic and info..

Still smelly in NC...
Here is a PIC of the SANICON Hose...Is it possible since I put only 1 "O" ring on the hose, that could be causing the leak of gases ?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandys Man View Post
I used this one, but there are many others available. Several are shown at this same store. By buying a 20', I now have a 15' (+or-) regular dump hose in addition to getting rid of the black 3" hose that smelled. We use the regular dump hose when there is a line for the dump facility (faster) and the sani-con system when there is no one else around. (Full wash-out with flush).

Drifters plumbing arrangement has been modified for the way he wanted it to sit in the bay. You can get to the sanicon cleanout easier the way he has modified it.
Thanks for the link to mobilemart.. Their price is better than CW..
Old 12-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Time View Post
The GRAY hose in the picture that Drifter posted is the same type I used to correct the problem on our coach. I got it at Camping World and cut it to fit. As mentioned earlier, one hose will do at least 2 replacements. Are you sure the outlet nozzle on your discharge piping does not rotate up or down? Most Monaco coaches I have seen will rotate.
I am 99.9% sure it does not rotate... It comes straight out.. Not sure my pic reflects that angle. I will check next time I take it apart...

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #20
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
PJGMG.......I still have a 4' section of the hose I used. I'll ship it to you in one of those new (will ship anything that fits) from the Post Office if you haven't already purchased one. Just send me a PM with your address.

I have the same issue with my coach where the main drain and SaniCon hose block my drain hole. I drilled a secondary opening in the wet bay cabinet floor. I drilled a 2" hole in the right front corner (as you're looking into the bay) and siliconed a 2" white PVC pipe connector into the hole. When I hook-up I just slip the wand off the end of the SaniCon hose and slide the hose through the PVC pipe and reconnect the wand.

It's kind of washed out in the photo, but you can see the pipe in the right corner.

Okay MM...the picture isn't working so I'll do it my way....http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9197
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Diplomat Don...
Here it is! (and I won't even say..."I told you so! )

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
PJGMG, The center "Y" between the black and gray Valterr valves rotates on all models. At first it will seem that it is a solid connection, but give it a jerk and it will move 360' unless it hits the bottom of the bay floor. Monaco at one time noted the movement ability in there owners manual. You could call and check with them.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
PJGMG, the "Y" will rotate and if yours is not able to rotate your two dump value flanges may be too tight. Each has four through bolts and rubber gaskets that seal the joint and also seal the gate valve disk. Are your dump valves a little bit difficult to operate? If so that is a sure sign the bolts are too tight, just loosen them slightly and the "Y" should rotate and the valve operate easier. The valves should operate smoothly with little force required. All this learned by trial and error on my part because I had to take that assembly apart to get some debris out of one of the valves - we won't go further into that story, it wasn't pleasant. Hope this is helpful - one can get their PhD on the operation and layout of the service bay on one of these things.

Oh by the way, the original Sanicon hose in question is permeable and will absorb bacteria and waste material. The combination of the two will soon smell unless one of three things is done - dump the contents of the hose after dumping tanks so it doesn't set with fluid in it and can dry out, sanitize the hose with bleach solution, or replace the hose with an impermeable one. I also think I saw that you say you broke one of the attachment lugs on the hose connection to the dump "Y". I did the same and found a replacement at Camping World - bought two since this connection is very tight and will probably break again some day.

Lew
Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
"To each their own," I guess....I would never go back to the 3 incher unless my sani-con system just broke down... It's just a cleaner system to use.

I agree "to each their own". But maybe I was using the sanicon incorrectly. I just don't understand how you clean it out? Once you close the dump valves you have a system full of waste water. If I understand the system correctly, they want you to just screw the cap back on the end of the discharge hose leaving the waste water in the system. To me that is just nasty. With the old three inch, I disconnect it from the pvc pipe and just use my hot water spray gun to rinse the hose out compleley. Spray the compartment out a bit with hot water and finish with a few sprays from a light bleach mixture to kill the bugs.
soberjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #25
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
soberjoe......If you dump your grey water last, you only have a small amount of it in the 3" hose between the valve and SaniCon unit. The long 1" black hose should be emptied by gravity as you finish up. A small amount of grey water in the 3" hose is no big deal.

After a big trip, I flush the tanks again until they both run clear and then dump the residual water in the 3" hose on the ground under the coach and rinse it away. By then it's almost clean.

I've been using mine for over 4 years without any issues. I think it is soooo much cleaner than dealing with a 3" drain hose and having to rinse it every time.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberjoe View Post
I agree "to each their own". But maybe I was using the sanicon incorrectly. I just don't understand how you clean it out? Once you close the dump valves you have a system full of waste water. If I understand the system correctly, they want you to just screw the cap back on the end of the discharge hose leaving the waste water in the system. To me that is just nasty. With the old three inch, I disconnect it from the pvc pipe and just use my hot water spray gun to rinse the hose out completely. Spray the compartment out a bit with hot water and finish with a few sprays from a light bleach mixture to kill the bugs.
SoberJoe... Let me try and scan in a one page doc that reflects a very efficient way of cleaning out your SANICON system.. I will post it if possible or I will send you a PM with the instructions. It Really works it has to do with running gray water into your Black water tank and equalizing the water levels... Its like 4 steps... EASY (if I can do it)

In the meantime read this...

RV Sani-Con Tips
Old 12-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
SoberJoe... Let me try and scan in a one page doc that reflects a very efficient way of cleaning out your SANICON system.. I will post it if possible or I will send you a PM with the instructions. It Really works it has to do with running gray water into your Black water tank and equalizing the water levels... Its like 4 steps... EASY (if I can do it)

In the meantime read this...

Sani-Con Tips
I have attached a copy of the "Black Tank Seminar by RV SANI-CON.. If you don't get it, let me know I can send to you via EMAIL..

STEP 3.. When the equalizer occurs, close the gray valve and switch the RV SANI-CON back on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV SANI-CON Process.pdf (1.30 MB, 86 views)
Old 12-13-2009, 05:43 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Your config is a bit different than ours.. The LARGE hose is closer to the front and it also impedes me from putting the hose with the nozzle through the HOLE to the sewer.. As matter of fact last time I took off the LARGE hose and put the Skinny one through the opening, I broke the teeth on the large one when I tried to put it back.. So I just run it straight thru to the sewer..

Not sure that is the most efficient way to go.. I have browsed the internet for a replacement Large hose .. see post..

Thanks for taking the time to send the pic and info..

Still smelly in NC...
PJGMG,

You can go to Boaters World or some other place that sells marine supplies and purchase a larger deck plate. See the photo below.

Bob

You can also purchase an extra and cut a slot for the small hose when you are camped. This helps to close up the large hole in the winter and keeps critters out.

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote