Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Valid air leveling compressor

On my 2008 Beaver Contessa I have a Valid air leveling system. When I first got to the coach I tracked down about 7 significant air leaks in the system. I had it to where the compressor would only cycles once every 3 to 4 hours.
Now it is based know to cycling on every 60 to 75 minutes.
I most recently replaced the check valve at the air compressor. I know it was bad and thought for sure I found the problem...no dice.
Completely powering of the Valid system made no difference, it still turns on just about once an hour.
Any advice? This is driving me nuts!
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If it's cycling that often, there is a serious leak somewhere. You may be able to hear it hissing. Regardless, get out your spray bottle with dish soap and water and start spraying. Don't forget the air system water drains near rear.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have gone over it, one end to the other 2 weeks ago. No hissing and no leaks found with the spray bottle.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thinking back...the pressure switch failed a while back....dance it is cycling more often, this seems like a plausible place to look again. I ordered another just now to try....uggg...lol
Old 12-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Mine would do that too, but mine can sit level on air for weeks and not lose any air. My air tanks will bleed off in two days, but the bags hold steady. Rather than fighting it, I just pulled the fuse to that compressor. If I need to make an adjustment, I put the fuse in and let it build the air pressure in the tank and then adjust the level.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:00 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There was a few threads on this forum where members found the pressure switch was installed on the wrong side of the little tank. I've never had an issue with mine, so I've never looked at my install.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:03 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Mine would do that too, but mine can sit level on air for weeks and not lose any air. My air tanks will bleed off in two days, but the bags hold steady. Rather than fighting it, I just pulled the fuse to that compressor. If I need to make an adjustment, I put the fuse in and let it build the air pressure in the tank and then adjust the level.
Mine makes minor adjustments to height. Nothing major. Changed the wake setting to 8 hours from 2 hours.

Where is the fuse located (since you already did that research).

I may just do that.

New pressure switch is coming either way.

The new check valve is way better than factory. I bought another new one and could blow both ways through it a little. The new one is solid. That's what I get for trying to save a buck.....
Old 12-19-2016, 05:31 AM   #8

The pressure switch seems to be the weakest link in the system. We moved our compressor from between the drive wheels to the basement compartment with the Aquahot. We had enough room and wasn't hard to do, keeps the compressor, check valve, and switch out of the weather and dirt. Works much better.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:18 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
Mine makes minor adjustments to height. Nothing major. Changed the wake setting to 8 hours from 2 hours.

Where is the fuse located (since you already did that research).

I may just do that.

New pressure switch is coming either way.

The new check valve is way better than factory. I bought another new one and could blow both ways through it a little. The new one is solid. That's what I get for trying to save a buck.....
On mine the fuse was located in the compartment in front of the drivers tire. It plugs in like a fuse but was a gold box, probably more of a circuit breaker or relay.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:03 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys.
No room on my AH compartment.
I will look for that curcuit breaker
Old 12-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
New pressure switch again. ..fix 2 minor leaks. No change! Still on every hour. Crawled the entire coach twice with soapy water.
Uggg
Old 12-21-2016, 07:20 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I had a leak that went from turning the compressor on every few hours to every few minutes. I pulled the fuse until I could get it fixed.

The leaks were found in both the pressure switch and the rear valve that is used to bleed the tanks to get the moisture out. On my coach the valve was located in the rear of the engine compartment. Replaced the valve, just a few bucks from Home Depot.

Now my coach can go for days if not a week or two without the compressor coming on. If your compressor is coming on every hour or more you definitely have a leak.

When my compressor was coming on very frequently it got to the point that it stayed on for 20 to 30 minutes at a time and burnt out. This started happening in the middle of the night and I was just to lazy to get up and pull the fuse. I should have gotten up and done it.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
I had a leak that went from turning the compressor on every few hours to every few minutes. I pulled the fuse until I could get it fixed.

The leaks were found in both the pressure switch and the rear valve that is used to bleed the tanks to get the moisture out. On my coach the valve was located in the rear of the engine compartment. Replaced the valve, just a few bucks from Home Depot.

Now my coach can go for days if not a week or two without the compressor coming on. If your compressor is coming on every hour or more you definitely have a leak.

When my compressor was coming on very frequently it got to the point that it stayed on for 20 to 30 minutes at a time and burnt out. This started happening in the middle of the night and I was just to lazy to get up and pull the fuse. I should have gotten up and done it.
Thank you. I will go under again tomorrow. ...
Old 12-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Slid around the front end again today, in the rain. No leaks found under the front, rear will be another day again.
2 large tanks forward, I don't recall any in the rear. Maybe I am missing a place to look? I checked the valve manifold in the rear yesterday.
Connections to the air bags are super hard to get at. Checked them about 2 months ago.
Compressor cycles about every 90 minutes now, for 35 seconds.

Tags
compressor, leveling