Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Valve Pressure Modulator

I have a slow "hissing" leak coming from the "service relay valve". Anyone else ever have this problem? It is located in front of the drive axle about midway. deSanford PS I called Monaco Parts and they can get a new one in about a week. Not sure if you can download the pdf file below, but the unit is in picture #2 in the middle.

209381796-P0-Q2-C0-R0-L0-E0-B0-S0-H0.pdf
44K * View * Download *

209381796-P0-Q2-C0-R0-L0-E0-B0-S0-H0.pdf
44K View Download
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I will order a new unit Monday and have it installed. deSanford
Old 08-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If you are talking about the inversion valve then yes i had that problem and you can get one from about any truck supply dealer not monaco $$$$.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:11 AM   #4

Walt beat me to it! Chances are the valve has a tag with manufacturer's part number and any truck parts outlet or truck dealer should have it. Way cheaper than Monaco.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
It is not the Inversion Valve, but the Brake System ABS-KB Rear Axle Module by Bendix. I'm going to go back into my e-mail file and send the complete e-mail so maybe the attached picture will be visible. I spent this afternoon with Simple Green under the motor home cleaning it so I can change out the unit. It looks like 3 components attached together. The diaphragm under the center unit is where my leak (slow hiss) is coming from. It will "hiss" for quite a while until all the air is removed from both air tanks. I can drive the rig as the compressor keeps the air pressure up to safe levels. I searched the internet and haven't come up with any info on this unit so far. deSanford
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I removed the "attachment" as it wouldn't respond. Now that the parts in question are clean I will see if I can find the part #. Have to wait until the area under the motor home drys.
The above e-mail has the attachment, but I don't think it will work here. Monday when my son AAron comes over I will have him look at this and I'm sure he will be able to post the picture of the unit that is causing the rig to loose air pressure. Sorry thank you all for your patience. deSanford