RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
We just bought a new 07 camelot. All I can see is the hood and tow bar of the honda toad. I Have been told by the dealer that is the way it is. Our Journey showed behind the car. Maybe need a different camera ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We just bought a new 07 camelot. All I can see is the hood and tow bar of the honda toad. I Have been told by the dealer that is the way it is. Our Journey showed behind the car. Maybe need a different camera ?

Old 11-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe your coach is different, but I haven't seen a newer Monaco coach that didn't have "up-down" buttons on the monitor. Check your monitor controls and see if you have the two buttons.

You should be able to tilt the camera down enough to see the hitch, and tilt it up enough to see over your toad for a view of the road/traffic behind.

I could be wrong about this, I just haven't seen one in a while with a fixed camera.

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UPS 34:
We just bought a new 07 camelot. All I can see is the hood and tow bar of the honda toad. I Have been told by the dealer that is the way it is. Our Journey showed behind the car. Maybe need a different camera ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your dealer is wrong. You don't need a different camera, you need a different camera housing. Monaco knows about the problem. Give them a call. If your coach is under warranty, they will send the new housing to your dealer for installation and paint to match your coach.

Range of motion is much greater with the new housing. When I got my coach it was like yours. I can now see traffic coming up on me well behind the toad. The problem effects 2007 Camelots and Dips, (and their HR equivalents) and results from the redesign of the upper rear cap, without changing the camera housing to accomodate the different slant angle.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #5

I have a 07 Camelot, & had the same problem -- My dealer sent me the newer housing -- It is a very simple fix -- Did mine myself in about 10 minutes, not counting the paint -- The camera housing has 4 screws, one on each corner -- Thake the screws out, & the housing & camera comes off -- The camera is small,& is attached to the housing by 4 studs that are made into the housing -- Thake the camera off & attach to the new housing, reinstall -- My motorhome is black where the camera is,so I got black spray paint made for plastic, & a tube of black silicone -- Paint the housing before you attach the camera -- You can do this & don`t have to waste your time at a dealer -- Bill Willard
Billy Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:40 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ours is adjusted all the way up. I will call on the housing. Sounds like the part I need. Painting it Black is ok for me. I am sure the dealer will paint it and send it to me. I will call Monaco today
Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 AM   #7

Had the same problem and the new houising makes a world of difference. I even shaved the new housing down a little more to get me more of an angle. Before the swap I could just barely see past the tongue of my trailer. After the swap I could all the way to the back of it (20 Ft flat bed).
Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I just ordered the housing. I called Monaco. I had to pay 38 Bucks for it. I guess I need to contact the dealer. I asked for warranty but was told. It is just a change if some one wants it.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UPS 34:
I just ordered the housing. I called Monaco. I had to pay 38 Bucks for it. I guess I need to contact the dealer. I asked for warranty but was told. It is just a change if Simone wants it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, I like my HR, and 'm not trying to disparage Monaco, but that's hooey! My 2007's camera came with the ability to look down or straight out (well kinda straight out). To charge for something that should have already been there just isn't right. Alright, I'm done ranting....
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I just ordered the housing. I called Monaco. I had to pay 38 Bucks for it. I guess I need to contact the dealer. I asked for warranty but was told. It is just a change if some one wants it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you called the parts dept. they will charge you. You need to get it authorized by a customer service person to get it covered under warranty. Then you can call Parts back and give them the authorization number for the free part and free shipping. Or, like you said, you can go through the dealer. Customer service should authorize the part under warranty. They have replaced many of them under warranty. If you are not getting that response from them send me a PM, if you'd like. I'll give you a name and number to call for a person who is familiar with the issue.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #11

That is a warranty part -- My dealer sent me the part from their stock -- The part & shipping was free -- When the part arrived it had a $21.00 tag on it -- Bill Willard
Billy Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #12

Call the tech line and ask (demand) to speak to Brian Humphrey. Be polite, splain the situation and I feel sure he will take care of you. The new part makes a world of difference.

BTW, If you have my luck, the first one they send you will be exactly what you have now. It usually takes their parts dept 2 tries to send the right part and another 2 to send it to the address you request.
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I can tell you that Sacs actually did one at home. You can go to this photo album to see the original...A few months later...when I was talking to our dealer (DeMartini)...and was talking to him about it ...he told me that Monaco had JUST changed the housing on the Cayman...and he ordered us a Cayman housing and he did not charge us (The sticker price was over $30.)
Here is the original thread... where we first brought it up....

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
After reading all the posts about the rear camera housing we decided to have ours changed also. All the new coaches have the old ones installed, we went down the street to the factory where there are hundred our so setting in a yard, and none of them have the new housing installed. So I guess it's a warranty only change.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote