Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Voyager camera system

Just a heads up for us Monaco/ HR/ Safari owners that were 'blessed' with the Voyager camera system.
Starting last fall, mine starting doing weird things ! Usually the image would start scrolling left to right on the monitor, occasionaly I'd get colored vertical stripes, and sometimes, a blue screen. A power off and back on usually got things back in order, for a while.
I live in what seems, the wettest area of the planet ( Pacific northwet ).
Few months ago, I contacted the new owners of Voyager (believe it's Jensen). Explained what I had going on, and asked whether they thought cable, or monitor. The customer service person that answered my question asked me to check the text on the screen when I pressed the menu button. The text looked perfect. I'm thinking, great, probably a cable. Next, the tech gets me to do a reboot. Within an hour, the monitor is doing the same (scrolling picture left to right). When I inform him of my results, he tells me my monitor is done !
I don't believe him, and set out on my trip south, figuring I can always get it back up and running with one or more power up and downs.
When I get to SoCal, and the weather dries out, the monitor starts working perfectly! It's worked fine thru Cal, AZ, and all the way home, where I've driven plenty of wet weather!
Do I think it's fixed.... NO! Do I think it's moisture in one of the camera connections... Yes.
Moral of this very long story for a one finger typer , Don't trust these Jensen technical support staff know anything about these Voyager systems! If I had spent 4- $500 on a replacement monitor, I'd be in the exact same situation I am in now!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #2

What are you going to do now?, or did I miss that part??
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #3

It's still working perfectly for now, but I'm going to have to check all the camera connections for corrosion.
Either that, or move South, But I don't think Trump would allow that !!
Old 04-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #4

South sounds good. Sure is wet around here.
I am having trouble with my rear camera. For awhile it wasn't working, then it decided to work again. Most likely a wire problem. I'd really like to put another system in that is compatible with what I have now, within my side mirrors etc., and be able to toggle the rear camera up and down. They have them.
I would like to find someone in the area, Southwest Washington, that is good with our cameras. I would travel there for good help. Maybe Mr D knows of somebody. He's in Vancouver Wa. Hi Mr D.

EDIT: I opened up my camera in the rear to check the connection and the wire went inside a box so I gave up. I didn't want to break anything. So I need help.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:08 PM   #5

Do you have side camera's?
Old 04-12-2018, 11:22 PM   #6

Yes, in the mirrors. They work ok. Sometimes if shadowing is just right it's hard to really see anything. But overall they are just, ok.

If I have to spend money, I think I'd rather have a better system, IF, I can replace mine as it is, as in, attached to my side mirrors as a replacement in the same hole of the mirror. I see some units just attach to the side of the coach, which means, putting a hole in it. I dunno. I'd rather keep it somewhat as it is, just better. Somebody around here knows how. Just have to find them.
It's getting late. I will check back in the morning. Good night, sleep well.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:32 PM   #7

Never understood them putting camera's in the mirrors ! Don't you just get the same view as say...... looking in the mirror .
My side camera's are mounted down low on the front cap. I can see that little smart car, or mini thats alongside my front tire's, right before I drive right over her !
Old 04-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I had problems with my Voyager monitor losing the rear camera after the unit had been on longer than 5 min. The model is AOM 7694. Which is probably still available at least it was a year ago. If not according to the folks at ASA electronics ( the ones who build them for Jensen) the model number VOM74TQ is compatible with the Aladin system and the side and rear cameras along with the turn and reverse triggers..
I dealt with Krista Koloszar customer service at 1 800 688 3135 she was very knowledgeable and helpful and I was able to get my monitor replaced quickly. I would recommend them if you have problems..Hope this information is of value to other users, finding a direct phone number took a lot of internet searching for me....Doug.
flamebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:48 AM   #9

Always appreciate the extra mile from those that help us out, THANK YOU Doug.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
If I have to spend money, I think I'd rather have a better system, IF, I can replace mine as it is, as in, attached to my side mirrors as a replacement in the same hole of the mirror.
Call Tim at RVCams (link here). He will help you diagnose what you have and give you upgrade options.

By the brochure, it looks as if your coach has the same black-and-white Voyager VOM-784CT CRT-based monitor that our coach did before I removed it. Tim (at RVCams) told me that none of the replacement systems allow tilting the rear camera. I had to set mine where I wanted it before I pulled the old monitor.

I believe that many of the intermittent problems with our-era systems can be traced to loose connections at the rear of the monitor. Taking care of that may reduce your desire for a replacement monitor system.

If you get to the point of pulling the dash panel, give me a call. I've done it. You have my number.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #11

Thanks Mark.
That's my brother Mark from the right coast, lol. We have the same taste in motorhomes, wink. Hi Mark.
Will do my friend. I'm not in too big a hurry, but I will get it fixed pretty soon.

Tags
camera, voyage