RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Guess who I got to meet this week? Van and Craig. Rock stars. You would not believe the model mock up Van built. I hope he posts a picture of it soon.

The presentation was as if they had something to sell, which they do not of course. It was a very professional and documented forum.

I now have two more great friends and comrades. I have challenged them both with some challenging and often off the wall arguments that they have both responded to with incredible expertise and new found knowledge.

I hope I am able to pay it forward in my area of expertise. Thanks guys, and a big thanks to your wifes for putting up with you.
Thanks, Myron.
But just a reminder that this has been a collective project almost from Day One. I have received lots of help and great ideas from many folks. I've never tried to make these improvements into a profitable project, even though I own a machine shop. I do it all purely for the fun of solving problems and helping folks. Craig is EXACTLY the same way.

I'm just glad that we collectively solved some Monaco/Roadmaster problems that went unsolved for decades.

Thank you all. Craig and I are always ready to help any of you.

And thanks, Myron, for your compilation CD. That is a great resource.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2016, 06:28 PM   #1836

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Guess who I got to meet this week? Van and Craig. Rock stars. You would not believe the model mock up Van built. I hope he posts a picture of it soon.

The presentation was as if they had something to sell, which they do not of course. It was a very professional and documented forum.

I now have two more great friends and comrades. I have challenged them both with some challenging and often off the wall arguments that they have both responded to with incredible expertise and new found knowledge.

I hope I am able to pay it forward in my area of expertise. Thanks guys, and a big thanks to your wifes for putting up with you.
Myron,

It was GREAT to meet you in Tampa ! Thank you for the Coach Problem information CD and all of the VERY KIND words. Thank you for passing along everything you have learned to other owners this week at the Yahoo Monaco Gathering. Van and I appreciate your input, experience, and knowledge sharing in this and the TRW thread.

Way to go TEAM !

My wife says I owe her a good day out, sounds MORE THAN fair

Safe Travels my new friend,

Craig

CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:33 AM   #1837

Monaco Owners Club
Myron,

It was good to finally meet you and put a face to YC1. Thanks for the CD and letting me take a look at your air conditioner sound reducers. The gears are now turning in my head on how to build my own. Tell Debbie we appreciate her letting us intrude into her coach.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #1838

Van:

Will you and Craig be at the Moultrie rally ? I was busy doing inspections and never got to see your seminar. I would love to look at your model and have you and Craig explain things to me.

Incidentally, when I left Lazy Days the wind gusts were horrible. I chased the coach all over the road on the way home. 1 inch of play in the steering obviously makes a huge difference in how it handles.

Thanks again for you guys coming down and inspecting my steering box. I really appreciated it as I know you guys were very busy.

Chris T
Chris T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #1839

Monaco Owners Club
I would love to see a picture and an explanation about your "model" Van. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:44 PM   #1840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
Van:

Will you and Craig be at the Moultrie rally ? I was busy doing inspections and never got to see your seminar. I would love to look at your model and have you and Craig explain things to me.

Incidentally, when I left Lazy Days the wind gusts were horrible. I chased the coach all over the road on the way home. 1 inch of play in the steering obviously makes a huge difference in how it handles.

Thanks again for you guys coming down and inspecting my steering box. I really appreciated it as I know you guys were very busy.

Chris T
Chris, I will be there. Not sure about Craig, but I think he may be going. Have you gotten your front jack repaired?

I drove home from visiting new friends in Hawthorne, FL, all the way in one ten-hour driving day. Wind gusts were horrendous all the way north to Florence, SC. My coach handled exceptionally well. Without the Watts links and X-braces, the drive would have worn me out in a few hours.

I'll bring the model to Moultrie. It is just a simple model to demonstrate how trailing arm suspensions work.

Craig and I are both digging out from a mountain of information requests, most of them generated from the seminar we gave to the Yahoo Monacoer's "Gathering" in Seffner, FL at the Lazy Days facility. I'll be happy to take a look at your coach for a Watts link / X-braces installation at Moultrie. Look me up. Hopefully, Craig will be there, too.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
I would love to see a picture and an explanation about your "model" Van. Sanford
Sanford, I've got a lot to do in a short time, but I'll dig out the model (packed it away in stretch wrap) and try to get you a pix before long. Missed seeing you at Q!!
Old 02-13-2016, 10:55 PM   #1842

Monaco Owners Club
I missed everyone at "Q", my DW booked a cruise with 12 other couples. Had a good time, but still have about 5 lbs to lose. Went for a 26 mile bike ride this morning, and tomorrow Sunday I have some bike buddies to ride with along the beach in Long Beach for about 18 miles. Only problem is I more than make up for the lost calories by eating them back. Don't worry about the "model" when you have time it will be a good time. Sanford
Old 02-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #1843

Monaco Owners Club
John,

I would delete your post quickly and then put the same thing in a classified ad under parts.

Otherwise you will be looking at a 3-6 month suspension. Don't ask me how I know!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #1844

Monaco Owners Club
Richard I guess John took your advice. Sanford
Old 02-15-2016, 05:11 AM   #1845

Thanks Van. Looking forward to seeing you.

I have done nothing with the front jack and have not had a chance to call Craig. I have been flat on my back in bed since the gathering with bronchitis trying to keep from getting locked up in a hospital room.

I should be back in action in a week and can figure out what I am going to do. I will probably call Barry at Josams and see what he,can do, if anything for me. I would like to take the TRW box over at the same time he does the jack.

Chris T
Chris T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:52 AM   #1846

Quote:
Thanks Van. Looking forward to seeing you.

I have done nothing with the front jack and have not had a chance to call Craig. I have been flat on my back in bed since the gathering with bronchitis trying to keep from getting locked up in a hospital room.

I should be back in action in a week and can figure out what I am going to do. I will probably call Barry at Josams and see what he,can do, if anything for me. I would like to take the TRW box over at the same time he does the jack.

Chris T
Sorry you are down, Chris. Josam's seems like a logical choice to do the steering box change, assuming they consent to it. Quite a few folks have run into shops that will not do it because of the liability factor. Kinda silly, but in view of the litigious nature of our population nowadays, it's understandable. As long as they understand and follow Craig's advice on lining up the Pittman arm with the witness line on the steering gear, and DON'T re-orient the steering wheel by adjusting the drag link, everything should be OK.

We will look at your coach for the front Watts installation at Moultrie.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #1847

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Van:

Chris T

Chris,

Sorry you are down. Get well SOON.
You helped a TON of people at the Gathering...THANKS

Ref the Front Jack, fix ASAP.

Ref your steering gear, if you are serious about the TRW PM me. One can be changed out CORRECTLY in under 3 hours if nothing goes CRAZY wrong. I just need your Sheppard info. If Josam's gives you grief, PM me, we can work it out.

I think Moultrie is in my future and we will work out the details when you feel better. I can meet you in the SWAP thread for the results

Van and I drove home for hours in the howling wind and I was VERY glad to have the TRW & Watts Links. 15 MPH gusting to 32 MPH Front quartering cross winds are always fun. but like Van reported, without the "improvements" I would have been DONE after about 3 hours.

I hope you get better soon,

Craig
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:45 PM   #1848

Note to folks expecting a reply

If any of you saw me or Craig at Quartzsite or the Yahoo Monacoers Gathering in FL, and asked us to get in touch with you, PLEASE remind us. We are both more than willing to help any of you in any way we can. I know I misplaced some business cards I was given, and I forget someone's name before I'm through shaking their hand.

For those of you wanting to get X-braces or Watts links, please contact Mike Hughes. He does a great job of making them. If he cannot help you, get in touch with me again. I'll do what I can, but really don't want to be in the business of making these things.

Even if I can't remember your names, it was great meeting all of you!! I hope our paths cross again in the future.