Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #1891

Monaco Owners Club
I couldn't agree more!

Paul
pwhittle is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2016, 06:59 AM   #1892

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
I'm in!

Paul

Ditto !
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #1893

Monaco Owners Club
Hey folks,

With my business relocation/rebuilding 99% complete I finally carved out some free time.

I must say it was nice to be away from the business doing something that was fun for a change.

Shipped front watts and rear cross bars to Bruce in Mississippi for his 2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 36’ PDQ.

Shipped front and rear watts to Harry in Missouri for his 2005 HR Ambassador 36' with rebuilt TRW steering gear box and cross bars.

Assembling two more front watts kits this weekend. The last six months have been such a blur I'm having trouble remembering who had asked about them.

Going to install a TRW on Glens HR Endeavor on the 8th of April. He had has his Sheppard blue printed at RedHead but claims it still has a large amount of steering play. I'm hoping he doesn't have some other serious steering issue.

Now, on to thinking of a bolt-on kit for the coaches with air leveling.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #1894

Monaco Owners Club
Van, the panhard bar is mounted within the perimeter of the H frame. It is forward of the centerline of the H frame, whereas some a panhard bars are mounted to the rear of the centerline.

So, in my case with the rear mounted watts link (on the front axle,) it is farther from the front mounted panhard bar than it would be if the watts link were mounted toward the front of the H frame. Hope this makes sense.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:06 AM   #1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
Van, the panhard bar is mounted within the perimeter of the H frame. It is forward of the centerline of the H frame, whereas some a panhard bars are mounted to the rear of the centerline.

So, in my case with the rear mounted watts link (on the front axle,) it is farther from the front mounted panhard bar than it would be if the watts link were mounted toward the front of the H frame. Hope this makes sense.
Harry, that makes perfect sense. I just don't recall ever seeing one like that. When you get a chance, could you send me a few pix? Send them to my private email address.

Hope you are doing well. Wish you were going on our Alaska adventure!!
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:52 PM   #1896

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE=Vanwill;2998714]Harry, that makes perfect sense. I just don't recall ever seeing one like that. When you get a chance, could you send me a few pix? Send them to my private email address.

[QUOTE]

Can we say "another Monaco snowflake".

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #1897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanwill View Post
Paul introduced us all to the "Stalker" cars--somewhat lighter and more agile than our coaches. I later met Paul in the mountains of GA for a "Stalker" event, and got the thrill ride of a lifetime.

Attachment 122603

I have thoroughly enjoyed helping folks with their coach handling problems. But nothing can compare to the opportunities it has given me to meet some really great folks and make new friends!

That a Lotus Seven? What year?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 03-29-2016, 06:14 PM   #1898

Monaco Owners Club
FYI, everyone.

While at Elite RV Repair & Remodeling in Harrisburg, Oregon a few years back, Eric is the one who used the "Snowflakes" terminology, and the ball continued to roll from there. I only repeated what I heard.

With Eric, Mark, and Marty all being ex Monaco employees, who else would know how they are built.

So, with all due respect, we can name Eric the originator of the term "Snowflake."

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #1899

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to "mhughes" for turning out a great product, and helping some of not so mechanically talented to have great handling Monaco RVs. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #1900

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
That a Lotus Seven? What year?

It is a Brunton SuperStalker. It is inspired by the Lotus 7 with a supercharged 3800 V-6. 300 HP, but only weighs 1600 lbs.

I first put the kit together in 2005 and have 45,000 miles on it, mostly in the North Georgia mountains. I have refurbished it since the Watts Link party so it looks a little different now.

Paul
Old 03-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #1901

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
It looks a little different now.

Paul

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1459306183.535502.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	122665

Paul
Old 03-29-2016, 11:01 PM   #1902

Quote:
It is a Brunton SuperStalker. It is inspired by the Lotus 7 with a supercharged 3800 V-6. 300 HP, but only weighs 1600 lbs.

I first put the kit together in 2005 and have 45,000 miles on it, mostly in the North Georgia mountains. I have refurbished it since the Watts Link party so it looks a little different now.

Paul

Sweet!

Old 03-30-2016, 09:09 AM   #1903

Monaco Owners Club
Well after installing only the X-bars to our ride (2004 Camelot 38PBDD), adjusting TRW steering box, and correct air pressures we took a test drive yesterday. It still wandered some but not near as bad. I did notice a difference though going around long, sweeping curves. It seemed much more stable and the rear end did not feel like it wanted to pass me up in the curve. I feel like an alignment may be my next option. I am going to check the toe first as I can do that at home myself.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:00 PM   #1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar368 View Post
Well after installing only the X-bars to our ride (2004 Camelot 38PBDD), adjusting TRW steering box, and correct air pressures we took a test drive yesterday. It still wandered some but not near as bad. I did notice a difference though going around long, sweeping curves. It seemed much more stable and the rear end did not feel like it wanted to pass me up in the curve. I feel like an alignment may be my next option. I am going to check the toe first as I can do that at home myself.
Big Lar,

Skip the alignment. Use the money to buy parts to make your front Watts link. Front end alignment will only help for as long as you BELIEVE it will help...as you try to justify why you spent $300 to have your toe-in set.

Glad the X-bars helped. They will also help you stay in control during a panic lane change and recovery.
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote