RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2017, 08:58 AM   #2185

Monaco Owners Club
Craig and Barry at Josams have come across yet another variation of the Monaco RR8 Chassis. In this case we have a Camelot with air leveling on what appears to be a Diplomat chassis.

On the front it has the structure and mount for the single front jack with no jack installed since it has air leveling. On the rear they installed a Diplomat Hydraulic Leveling Watts Kit which fit perfectly.

While most Camelots,Windsors and Sceptors are very similar with minor variations this coach is just "different".

Josams did a great job handling the install. The owner has since departed and will order a Front Diplomat Hydraulic Leveling Kit and have it installed at a later date.

By the way. Craig drove from Daytona to Orlando to help Josams with the install. Great that he did. Josams first install could have been a disastrous learning experience.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes View Post
Craig and Barry at Josams have come across yet another variation of the Monaco RR8 Chassis. In this case we have a Camelot with air leveling on what appears to be a Diplomat chassis.

On the front it has the structure and mount for the single front jack with no jack installed since it has air leveling. On the rear they installed a Diplomat Hydraulic Leveling Watts Kit which fit perfectly.

While most Camelots,Windsors and Sceptors are very similar with minor variations this coach is just "different".

Josams did a great job handling the install. The owner has since departed and will order a Front Diplomat Hydraulic Leveling Kit and have it installed at a later date.

By the way. Craig drove from Daytona to Orlando to help Josams with the install. Great that he did. Josams first install could have been a disastrous learning experience.

Mike wow, do you know what year Camy? That's crazy, glad Craig could help!
Everyone is so helpful, that's what empresses me everyday about this forum.
Craig lets us know about your Daytona trip, camping in the infield or outside track. Thinking of a trip to the famed track one day.
Thx Mike for the informational update.
Perry

Old 02-23-2017, 05:12 AM   #2187

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Craig lets us know about your Daytona trip, camping in the infield or outside track. Thinking of a trip to the famed track one day.
Perry
JJ's coach is a 2003 Camelot.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:55 AM   #2188

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
JJ's coach is a 2003 Camelot.

Bob

Thx Bob!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #2189

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Perry
It was a long crazy day at Josams. It was "snowflake" time

The 2003 Camelot got figured out but there was not a front HYD Leveling Watts kit available at Josams to bolt on to the front jack superstructure. This coach was strange to me and I have been under a BUNCH of coaches.

Daytona trip is great so far. We are camping with some long time race attending friends within walking distance of the track at Finish Line RV. Only open a few times a year. Big grass field with water and some power spots. Nice people.

New grandstands are amazing ! We have GREAT seats, club level with a perfect view of the track, pits, and the finish line. Worth the money if you attend the race.

Cheers,

Craig
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #2190

Monaco Owners Club
There was in 01 and 02 a Diplomat LE that morphed into the Camelot just probably one of the early Chassis of the Camelot.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:59 PM   #2191

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKnight View Post
It was a long crazy day at Josams. It was "snowflake" time

The 2003 Camelot got figured out but there was not a front HYD Leveling Watts kit available at Josams to bolt on to the front jack superstructure. This coach was strange to me and I have been under a BUNCH of coaches.

Daytona trip is great so far. We are camping with some long time race attending friends within walking distance of the track at Finish Line RV. Only open a few times a year. Big grass field with water and some power spots. Nice people.

New grandstands are amazing ! We have GREAT seats, club level with a perfect view of the track, pits, and the finish line. Worth the money if you attend the race.

Cheers,

Craig

Craig, looked like it was a crash fest, glad to see Kurt B won for Stewart -Haas.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #2192

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Has anyone installed the WATTS system on 2009 Secpter 42 PDQ(hydraulic 3 point leveler)I have the TRW steering gear
DaveyD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:15 PM   #2193

Monaco Owners Club
I would suspect it is probably the same as the 40' Windsors we have seen.
You might post a pic of the area behind the h-frame including the jack area.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #2194

Monaco Owners Club
We did look at an Imperial 42' with 3 jacks. Front jack had a larger bolt pattern of 10 3/4". That is the only real difference we saw at QZ.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:54 PM   #2195

Monaco Owners Club
Am picking up our new to us 1999 Monaco Dynasty 36 in two weeks. I'm recovering from throat surgery and won't be able to speak for a few months. However, the coach handled well on the test drives but cresting a few hills I could really feel the effect of the winds. I'm sure that I'm going to be a candidate for rear cross braces and probably front and rear watts links.
I'm on the east coast in New Jersey. My question is has anyone done them on this model RV and would it be a bolt on installation?
Mhughes I think you would be the best guy to contact. Perhaps I could pm you and figure things out.
I'm mechanically inclined and have access to a large shop for installation with welding equipment if needed. It's a road master rr8s chassis. Just not sure how to contact you.
Scotialaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:44 AM   #2196

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotialaddie View Post
Am picking up our new to us 1999 Monaco Dynasty 36 in two weeks. I'm recovering from throat surgery and won't be able to speak for a few months. However, the coach handled well on the test drives but cresting a few hills I could really feel the effect of the winds. I'm sure that I'm going to be a candidate for rear cross braces and probably front and rear watts links.
I'm on the east coast in New Jersey. My question is has anyone done them on this model RV and would it be a bolt on installation?
Mhughes I think you would be the best guy to contact. Perhaps I could pm you and figure things out.
I'm mechanically inclined and have access to a large shop for installation with welding equipment if needed. It's a road master rr8s chassis. Just not sure how to contact you.
Soctia,

Try this website:
http://www.monacowatts.com/

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #2197

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mhughes
Will try to send a pic .The front jack has the mounting plate welded on it
DaveyD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #2198
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotialaddie View Post
I was under the impression that it was hard to install a watts or x-braces on a S-series chassis.