Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2016, 05:05 AM   #1821

Track Bar follow up

I was reading and watching a video on how to install Trac Bar (panhead) and both said to have the vehicle level and normally loaded when adjusting the bar. Is that with the air bags inflated to level height or without air bags inflated. Anyone with experience here. Have build my own system based on some of the drawings on the forum and am excited to try them. First need about 22" of snow too melt
Thanks Mopar Poor
Mopar Poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2016, 06:26 AM   #1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Van, my rv has always wanted to go right. Even now after cross braces and two alignments and new front tires it just wants to go right a tiny bit. I have a safe-t-plus and added a trim so it is not very noticeable but still not perfect.

I know this may be silly but here goes. If the front or rear was built with a bit of cross track/ rack ??? Perhaps tightening one of the X brackets tight first versus slowly tightening them at the same time just might put the front and back on the same tracks? I'm thinking fractions of an inch of course.
Myron, as Bob pointed out, there have been quite a few cases documented of Monaco coaches needing "four wheel alignment", which consists of changing the location of the rear end housing. There is a thread here named "Upgrades to our 2003 Dynasty" (or similar). In it, Z-Mike gave very detailed instructions and pix of how he "aligned" his rear end. He said his results were very good.
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:28 AM   #1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Poor View Post
I was reading and watching a video on how to install Trac Bar (panhead) and both said to have the vehicle level and normally loaded when adjusting the bar. Is that with the air bags inflated to level height or without air bags inflated. Anyone with experience here. Have build my own system based on some of the drawings on the forum and am excited to try them. First need about 22" of snow too melt
Thanks Mopar Poor
Mopar,

Although not critical, adjust the bar with the coach at ride height.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #1824

Monaco Owners Club
Trailing arm

I took some pictures and find that my trailing arms look different from the others I have seen on this thread.
Good news is I have a TRW steering box.
"TAS65035A
06302A3K35"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	117939  
Old 02-04-2016, 06:43 AM   #1825

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry L T View Post
I took some pictures and find that my trailing arms look different from the others I have seen on this thread.
Good news is I have a TRW steering box.
"TAS65035A
06302A3K35"
The reason why your trailing arms look different is because it was still on the Magnum chassis and not the Roadmaster. I believe 2003 was the break on when they switched over to the Roadmaster so it may be dependent on whether early or late 2003 model year.

My wife and I looked at a couple of 2002 and 2003 Beaver Patriots back in 2007 prior to purchasing our 2003 Dynasty and I was seeing both chassis in those year ranges.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #1826

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Mike, I will need to get in touch with "Mhughes" and see if we can still do the X bars and Watts linkage. I have a chassis description of both.
Magnum: A proprietary chassis brand of Safari. Starting with the Safari line in the mid-90's and migrating up the Beaver line in the late 90's. A wide variety of innovative chassis ranging from lower-middle level to the very high-end Prevost wannabe Beaver Solitaire. The higher end Magnum chassis used on the Beaver Patriots, Marquis & Solitaire were equipped with 8-bag like the Monaco, but with larger air bags for a better ride.
Roadmaster: The proprietary chassis brand of Monaco Coach. Purchased from Chrysler Corp in 1984. Makes the widest variety of chassis from entry-level through high-end semi-monocoque DP's. The entry level RSR & RR4R chassis are similar to their entry-level competitors--nothing wrong with them but nothing remarkable. Their mid-range & up chassis are known for their 8 air bag suspension (10 with tag axles), yet their high-end S-Series doesn't have IFS. The widely spaced, but small air bags provide crispest handling as well as the firmest ride of any DP I've driven. I prefer calling the Roadmaster RR8R & up chassis the Pontiacs of MH's. There is no such thing as a 30,000# Porsche
Old 02-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #1827

Monaco Owners Club
OK< I just got to the X-bars today and on my coach it looks like they are going to run way too close to the brake cans. I think there should be at least 2+ inches of clearance. Mine will be close to 1" and possibly less.

Not feeling comfortable with those tight of tolerances.

Thoughts? Or..somebody need a complete X-Bar kit?
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #1828

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
How long are they? Mine give me about 2 inches clearance at each end.... They can be mounted pretty close as long as they don't touch anything. Did Mike Hughes make them for you or did you get them somewhere else?

Brian.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #1829

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You will not have any problem putting them on your coach if they are long enough. I have the exact same year coach and model as you and I have no problems with clearances on mine. I also got the front and rear watts from Mike Hughes. I have not got the rear watts installed yet. I should have time in the next couple of weeks to install it. You can pm me if you have any questions.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:42 PM   #1830

Monaco Owners Club
I bought the 48" rod, haven't cut anything yet. Laid in the brackets and pulled a straight line and the rod will be very close to the actuator for the brake can(s).

Since Bubba says they should fit; maybe I will attempt another trial run...after the next storm rolls through yet again. :(
Old 02-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #1831

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the input. Maybe I was trying to make them too long, causing the rod to be too close to the cans. I will look at setting it up a bit shorter
Old 02-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #1832
YC1

Guess who I got to meet this week? Van and Craig. Rock stars. You would not believe the model mock up Van built. I hope he posts a picture of it soon.

The presentation was as if they had something to sell, which they do not of course. It was a very professional and documented forum.

I now have two more great friends and comrades. I have challenged them both with some challenging and often off the wall arguments that they have both responded to with incredible expertise and new found knowledge.

I hope I am able to pay it forward in my area of expertise. Thanks guys, and a big thanks to your wifes for putting up with you.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:25 PM   #1833

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Guess who I got to meet this week? Van and Craig. Rock stars. You would not believe the model mock up Van built. I hope he posts a picture of it soon.

The presentation was as if they had something to sell, which they do not of course. It was a very professional and documented forum.

I now have two more great friends and comrades. I have challenged them both with some challenging and often off the wall arguments that they have both responded to with incredible expertise and new found knowledge.

I hope I am able to pay it forward in my area of expertise. Thanks guys, and a big thanks to your wifes for putting up with you.

That was quite the realistic model that Van had. I got to see it at Quartzsite. I enjoyed listening to and learning from Craig and Van.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #1834

A miss is as good as a mile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
Thanks for the input. Maybe I was trying to make them too long, causing the rod to be too close to the cans. I will look at setting it up a bit shorter
Capt Jake--

If your X-braces clear your brake cans by 1", I cannot believe that is not entirely adequate clearance. I'm not always right, but I'm pretty sure you do not have a problem.