Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #1

WARNING and STOP lights and TRANNY code 6600

Hi Everyone,

2001 Monaco Knight 36R diesel pusher

I fixed my headlights but know more major concerns. I took the RV to the diesel shop for a pre-trip inspection. They said everything looked good. All the shop did was check fluids brakes ect. When I picked it up and started it, I got a WARNING light. Thats what the light says warning and then after a couple of minutes the STOP light came on. The book says it is an engine issue but doesn’t say what. The shop is a big truck shop so they are not familiar with the lights.

I left it at the diesel shop and they are looking into it. I am going from bad to worse. My other major issue is the transmission is showing a code 6600. That is some kind of communication issue. The Allison shop is booked out until at least next week. When at the diesel shop, I cleared the code but did not drive it to see if it reappeared. Is it save to drive the RV with this code?

We are planning on leaving for out west, 2200 miles one-way, next week. I sure don’t feel comfortable driving the rig with these issues. I hope the trip is not going to be canceled.

Any help or insight on these problems will be helpful.

Thanks,
Phil
Burker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check the connectors for the tranny for water intrusion. Sometimes the seals fail on the older systems and you need to replace the gaskets. Corrosion or water can cause the communication problems. Other issue could be wire chafing, a bad ground, or a failing control unit
nukerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:02 AM   #3

The shop says the warning and stop lights are from one of the two oil sending units. They are getting a replacement. I hope that takes care of that part.

If anyone can answer my question about running with the 6600 code it would be a big help. I have read where others have had this issue and still where able to drive their RV without issue.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Have you run that code by the Allison Mfgr?
Old 06-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #5

I had the warning and stop engine light in my 01 Windsor. Was the oil pressure switch on passenger side that the ecm reads.
F7nsnp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:31 AM   #6

Thanks everyone for the help.

The tranny code cleared and Allison said it should not be a problem even if it reoccurs. The warning stop lights was the oil sending sensor. New sensor and updating the ECU. Hopefully no more issues on our trip. Leaving out Thursday.

Tags
light, lights