RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #1

Warning light

I had a warning light come on this morning.
Can anyone tell me what it may be warning me of?
I can't find anything about it in the manuals.
See pic.
Sorry for the quality.
Second light from top left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181116_084331.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	226257  

RVSSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can't help you but find this post interesting. Warning of what???!!! Poor design me thinks.

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Noticed Park Brake light on also, does warning go away once park brake is released. Just wondering.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Snake -

What's your model, year, and floorplan? Might help us in digging thru some pertinent manuals.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Belay that. Upon further digging, it looks like it's a 2000 Diplomat. And nothing jumped out at me after a quick review of that manual. I agree, it leaves a lot to be desired as far as user-friendly {sorry}.

Is this a sudden occurrence, or an on-going issue?
Old 11-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kketterling View Post
Noticed Park Brake light on also, does warning go away once park brake is released. Just wondering.
I think you're on to something.
Most tactical aircraft of that generation have a centrally located amber Master Caution light that illuminates to tell the pilot of a malfunction of some kind. The pilot then looks at a larger less centrally located telelight panel to see the amber light(s) that are illuminated to tell him/her which system(s) have a problem. When the malfunction is cleared all the lights go dark automatically.
It reflects the human engineering display philosophy of that era of pre-glass steam gauges.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #7

No it doesn't.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #8

It happened once before when I picked it up from the storage place but wasn't on when I went to take it back a few hours later
Old 11-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
I think you're on to something.
Most tactical aircraft of that generation have a centrally located amber Master Caution light that illuminates to tell the pilot of a malfunction of some kind. The pilot then looks at a larger less centrally located telelight panel to see the amber light(s) that are illuminated to tell him/her which system(s) have a problem. When the malfunction is cleared all the lights go dark automatically.
It reflects the human engineering display philosophy of that era of pre-glass steam gauges.
"Centrally located telelight panel to see the amber light(s) that are illuminated to tell him/her which system(s) have a problem".
Is there something like that in this beast?
Old 11-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVSSNAKE View Post
I had a warning light come on this morning.
Can anyone tell me what it may be warning me of?
I can't find anything about it in the manuals.
See pic.
Sorry for the quality.
Second light from top left.
RVSSNAKE
You are the one posting "Can anyone tell me what it may be warning me of?"
I responded trying to help you. I could post a snarky reply in response to your last two posts but...
I was suggesting that if your Parking Brake was engaged, your engine was running (your engine had oil pressure) and your transmission MAY have been out of Neutral the WARNING telelight may have illuminated to tell you of a possible problem and the Parking Brake telelight was telling you what the problem was.
The releasing of the Parking Brake or the shifting of the transmission into Neutral would have turned off both of the lights if designed the way many aircraft designed in that era we're.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #11

Delete
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #12

Good afternoon to all; The WARNING light does not identify any component or system. When you read the owners manual about the warning light being lit, some part of the system has failed or is out of its normal allowed operating range. On my 01 Windsor, I had the barometric pressure sensor fail. That failure lit the warning light. The only way I knew what the failure was is because I have a Silver Leaf Monitor that has a diagnostic feature. It showed the code for that failure and others here in this forum helped me with what the code was about. IMHO, I think the only way to find what is wrong is to plug in a diagnostic tool into the port under the dash and see what codes are reviled. You could spend a lot of time guessing on what triggered the light. A lot of owners have gone with the Scan D system to not only see how the engine is operating, but also it has an ability to pull engine codes. For what you would spend taking the coach to shop for them to plug their laptop in and tell you what is wrong is just step number 1. Then comes the fix. OH MY! I would spend the money, if it were me, and get the Scan D system. It will give you so much more accurate information on what the engine is doing as the dash gauges are just not that accurate, plus you can retrieve engine codes. Also some great diagnostic tools on Amazon. Hope this gives you a route to getting that light off. Also once you find engine codes, Cummin's has a great help, tech. line. They saved me $500+ in repairs I would have had a shop to do.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
RVSSNAKE
You are the one posting "Can anyone tell me what it may be warning me of?"
I responded trying to help you. I could post a snarky reply in response to your last two posts but...
I was suggesting that if your Parking Brake was engaged, your engine was running (your engine had oil pressure) and your transmission MAY have been out of Neutral the WARNING telelight may have illuminated to tell you of a possible problem and the Parking Brake telelight was telling you what the problem was.
The releasing of the Parking Brake or the shifting of the transmission into Neutral would have turned off both of the lights if designed the way many aircraft designed in that era we're.
I wasn’t being snarky.
I was concerned there was another panel that I didn’t know about that I could look at. I copied your quote in so everyone would know what I was referring to. When I shift into gear and remove the parking break, that light goes out. I checked all fluids and all levels are good. It drives just fine. No affect on performance either.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good afternoon to all; The WARNING light does not identify any component or system. When you read the owners manual about the warning light being lit, some part of the system has failed or is out of its normal allowed operating range. On my 01 Windsor, I had the barometric pressure sensor fail. That failure lit the warning light. The only way I knew what the failure was is because I have a Silver Leaf Monitor that has a diagnostic feature. It showed the code for that failure and others here in this forum helped me with what the code was about. IMHO, I think the only way to find what is wrong is to plug in a diagnostic tool into the port under the dash and see what codes are reviled. You could spend a lot of time guessing on what triggered the light. A lot of owners have gone with the Scan D system to not only see how the engine is operating, but also it has an ability to pull engine codes. For what you would spend taking the coach to shop for them to plug their laptop in and tell you what is wrong is just step number 1. Then comes the fix. OH MY! I would spend the money, if it were me, and get the Scan D system. It will give you so much more accurate information on what the engine is doing as the dash gauges are just not that accurate, plus you can retrieve engine codes. Also some great diagnostic tools on Amazon. Hope this gives you a route to getting that light off. Also once you find engine codes, Cummin's has a great help, tech. line. They saved me $500+ in repairs I would have had a shop to do.
Is the port under the dash like in a car or hidden somewhere else?
I have a tool I bought for my car but didn’t know the MH would have the same connection.

Tags
light