RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
RVSSNAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
Warning light

I had a warning light come on this morning.
Can anyone tell me what it may be warning me of?
I can't find anything about it in the manuals.
See pic.
Sorry for the quality.
Second light from top left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181116_084331.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	226257  
__________________

RVSSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Arch Hoagland's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clovis, CA, USA
Posts: 7,308
Can't help you but find this post interesting. Warning of what???!!! Poor design me thinks.
__________________

__________________
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
kketterling's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Stockton, California
Posts: 1,152
Noticed Park Brake light on also, does warning go away once park brake is released. Just wondering.
__________________
Ken, Chris & Toby (Golden Retriever)
2009 Beaver Contessa
1984 LS1 CJ7 & 2017 Yamaha YXZ SS SE
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
RustyTools's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,546
Snake -


What's your model, year, and floorplan? Might help us in digging thru some pertinent manuals.
__________________
2008 Camelot 40 PDQ
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
RustyTools's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,546
Belay that. Upon further digging, it looks like it's a 2000 Diplomat. And nothing jumped out at me after a quick review of that manual. I agree, it leaves a lot to be desired as far as user-friendly {sorry}.

Is this a sudden occurrence, or an on-going issue?
__________________
2008 Camelot 40 PDQ
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
FL420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by kketterling View Post
Noticed Park Brake light on also, does warning go away once park brake is released. Just wondering.
I think you're on to something.
Most tactical aircraft of that generation have a centrally located amber Master Caution light that illuminates to tell the pilot of a malfunction of some kind. The pilot then looks at a larger less centrally located telelight panel to see the amber light(s) that are illuminated to tell him/her which system(s) have a problem. When the malfunction is cleared all the lights go dark automatically.
It reflects the human engineering display philosophy of that era of pre-glass steam gauges.
__________________
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
RVSSNAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
No it doesn't.
__________________
I learn so much from my mistakes that I am not afraid to make them!
2000 Monaco Diplomat 38a
RVSSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
RVSSNAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
It happened once before when I picked it up from the storage place but wasn't on when I went to take it back a few hours later
__________________
I learn so much from my mistakes that I am not afraid to make them!
2000 Monaco Diplomat 38a
RVSSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
RVSSNAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
I think you're on to something.
Most tactical aircraft of that generation have a centrally located amber Master Caution light that illuminates to tell the pilot of a malfunction of some kind. The pilot then looks at a larger less centrally located telelight panel to see the amber light(s) that are illuminated to tell him/her which system(s) have a problem. When the malfunction is cleared all the lights go dark automatically.
It reflects the human engineering display philosophy of that era of pre-glass steam gauges.
"Centrally located telelight panel to see the amber light(s) that are illuminated to tell him/her which system(s) have a problem".
Is there something like that in this beast?
__________________
I learn so much from my mistakes that I am not afraid to make them!
2000 Monaco Diplomat 38a
RVSSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
FL420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVSSNAKE View Post
I had a warning light come on this morning.
Can anyone tell me what it may be warning me of?
I can't find anything about it in the manuals.
See pic.
Sorry for the quality.
Second light from top left.
RVSSNAKE
You are the one posting "Can anyone tell me what it may be warning me of?"
I responded trying to help you. I could post a snarky reply in response to your last two posts but...
I was suggesting that if your Parking Brake was engaged, your engine was running (your engine had oil pressure) and your transmission MAY have been out of Neutral the WARNING telelight may have illuminated to tell you of a possible problem and the Parking Brake telelight was telling you what the problem was.
The releasing of the Parking Brake or the shifting of the transmission into Neutral would have turned off both of the lights if designed the way many aircraft designed in that era we're.
__________________
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 14,519
Delete
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 712
Good afternoon to all; The WARNING light does not identify any component or system. When you read the owners manual about the warning light being lit, some part of the system has failed or is out of its normal allowed operating range. On my 01 Windsor, I had the barometric pressure sensor fail. That failure lit the warning light. The only way I knew what the failure was is because I have a Silver Leaf Monitor that has a diagnostic feature. It showed the code for that failure and others here in this forum helped me with what the code was about. IMHO, I think the only way to find what is wrong is to plug in a diagnostic tool into the port under the dash and see what codes are reviled. You could spend a lot of time guessing on what triggered the light. A lot of owners have gone with the Scan D system to not only see how the engine is operating, but also it has an ability to pull engine codes. For what you would spend taking the coach to shop for them to plug their laptop in and tell you what is wrong is just step number 1. Then comes the fix. OH MY! I would spend the money, if it were me, and get the Scan D system. It will give you so much more accurate information on what the engine is doing as the dash gauges are just not that accurate, plus you can retrieve engine codes. Also some great diagnostic tools on Amazon. Hope this gives you a route to getting that light off. Also once you find engine codes, Cummin's has a great help, tech. line. They saved me $500+ in repairs I would have had a shop to do.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
RVSSNAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
RVSSNAKE
You are the one posting "Can anyone tell me what it may be warning me of?"
I responded trying to help you. I could post a snarky reply in response to your last two posts but...
I was suggesting that if your Parking Brake was engaged, your engine was running (your engine had oil pressure) and your transmission MAY have been out of Neutral the WARNING telelight may have illuminated to tell you of a possible problem and the Parking Brake telelight was telling you what the problem was.
The releasing of the Parking Brake or the shifting of the transmission into Neutral would have turned off both of the lights if designed the way many aircraft designed in that era we're.
I wasn’t being snarky.
I was concerned there was another panel that I didn’t know about that I could look at. I copied your quote in so everyone would know what I was referring to. When I shift into gear and remove the parking break, that light goes out. I checked all fluids and all levels are good. It drives just fine. No affect on performance either.
__________________
I learn so much from my mistakes that I am not afraid to make them!
2000 Monaco Diplomat 38a
RVSSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
RVSSNAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good afternoon to all; The WARNING light does not identify any component or system. When you read the owners manual about the warning light being lit, some part of the system has failed or is out of its normal allowed operating range. On my 01 Windsor, I had the barometric pressure sensor fail. That failure lit the warning light. The only way I knew what the failure was is because I have a Silver Leaf Monitor that has a diagnostic feature. It showed the code for that failure and others here in this forum helped me with what the code was about. IMHO, I think the only way to find what is wrong is to plug in a diagnostic tool into the port under the dash and see what codes are reviled. You could spend a lot of time guessing on what triggered the light. A lot of owners have gone with the Scan D system to not only see how the engine is operating, but also it has an ability to pull engine codes. For what you would spend taking the coach to shop for them to plug their laptop in and tell you what is wrong is just step number 1. Then comes the fix. OH MY! I would spend the money, if it were me, and get the Scan D system. It will give you so much more accurate information on what the engine is doing as the dash gauges are just not that accurate, plus you can retrieve engine codes. Also some great diagnostic tools on Amazon. Hope this gives you a route to getting that light off. Also once you find engine codes, Cummin's has a great help, tech. line. They saved me $500+ in repairs I would have had a shop to do.
Is the port under the dash like in a car or hidden somewhere else?
I have a tool I bought for my car but didn’t know the MH would have the same connection.
__________________

__________________
I learn so much from my mistakes that I am not afraid to make them!
2000 Monaco Diplomat 38a
RVSSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 Ford V10 outside temp readings and brake light warning light. psi500 Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 11 06-19-2016 01:00 PM
ABS light - Warning light acehatz National RV Owner's Forum 5 04-21-2016 12:27 AM
Alt fail light and warning light RNextPhase Monaco Owner's Forum 25 08-08-2014 09:26 AM
Warning - warning - warning danes-on-tour RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories 6 08-28-2013 11:12 AM
Low coolant warning light heads up warning autofish Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 1 06-22-2009 09:00 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.