Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2016, 09:46 AM   #1

Was my dish network service disconnected?

Hi there, We have a complete signal loss. We tried the 10 sec unplug and the red reset button. I called dish and they said my home receiver 722 is not compatible with the RV. We have been using the home receiver for months.

Did they disconnect me? And what do I do now?

thanks Moira
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
See if you can find a neighbor who is also a dish network customer that has a portable dish and will connect it to your system to test. When we lost our signal it was a defective LNB on the satellite dish.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We have dual 722's that we take from home and use in the RV. The person you talked to is inexperienced with rv's DVR usage. If I call and get someone who I know isn't up to speed, I'll hang up and redial to get another person.

However, I get much better service from DISH by using their Chat line on their website.

I agree with Brian... sounds like you have malfunctioning antenna.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:03 PM   #4

we ran into a problem this spring, rv indoors and dish box not in use....
more than x-days without connecting to the satellite and they have to reauthorize the box to get it to work.

2016 Newmar London Aire
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Call their customer service and tell them to resend the signal to your box. You don't need to explain why. I used to tell them it was in my RV and hadn't been used for months and needed a refresh signal sent. Then I learned they really don't care why so I just tell them to send me a refresh signal and they do.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Call their customer service and tell them to resend the signal to your box. You don't need to explain why. I used to tell them it was in my RV and hadn't been used for months and needed a refresh signal sent. Then I learned they really don't care why so I just tell them to send me a refresh signal and they do.
If you use the terminology of "Send a hit to my receiver", they seem to stop asking questions and just do it. They always ask to stay on the phone/chat to verify. I just say this always works and end call.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:32 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Go to the "System Setup" page of your receiver and see if you are receiving any of the satellites. You might have to do a "check switch". If you don't see green "ok" boxes then you are not on the Dish satellites at 119 and 110 deg. and will get a signal loss message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sat2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	142180  
Attached Images

Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Roadmaster Falcon II tow bar & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #8

Thank you all.

I did call them and the first thing that they asked was, are you in a RV? I tried to avoid the question a little bit as I was going through the reset procedure they suggested on the recording. That didn't work.

I ended up telling them that I was in an RV and I would be home in a week. And I asked them to shoot me another signal. They said that the 722 was not compatible with RVs but did shoot me another signal. But it still didn't work. I don't believe I had any obstructions although I there was a hill in the distance. I didn't know I could enter the setup page from the complete loss page. Ill check that next time.

So we left there and got to a new place and whala, it worked. So I don't know if I had an obstruction or signal problem from them. I don't know what a disconnected service looks like so Im guessing it would be just a blank screen.

Why do they do this to us. Im paying 90 bucks a month, geeez. I don't want to sign a 2 year contract and get a box without a dvr. I don't want to suspend a service with directv and keep adding that time to the end of that contract. I just want my box with my recordings in my RV when I am not home. Thats not asking much.

thanks everyone
Moira
Old 10-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I use the 722, have one at home and one in the coach. Never a problem other than lack of use on the coach makes me have to call them to send a refresh signal to the box.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:00 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The VIP211Z is the dish they want you to use. I had a 722 that I had been using in my M/H for years. When I changed my home service to the Hopper, they wanted to change out the 722 in the M/H. They wanted me to lease a new 211. Since I had purchased the 722 and it worked fine, I insisted they change out 722 on their dime if they wanted me to have the 211. They changed it out with no cost to me. I had also used my home receiver for a long time before I purchased the 722 long before the Hopper came out.

Bottom line, your receiver does not know where it is.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinstar 1114 View Post
The VIP211Z is the dish they want you to use. I had a 722 that I had been using in my M/H for years. When I changed my home service to the Hopper, they wanted to change out the 722 in the M/H. They wanted me to lease a new 211. Since I had purchased the 722 and it worked fine, I insisted they change out 722 on their dime if they wanted me to have the 211. They changed it out with no cost to me. I had also used my home receiver for a long time before I purchased the 722 long before the Hopper came out.

Bottom line, your receiver does not know where it is.
That's good to know
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:34 PM   #12

We have a 722 in the coach works fine, always has, Dish doesn't like DVR's in RV's because the road bumps can cause issues with the hard drive, maybe they don't know a Monaco is not a travel trailer going down the road
RonD1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, service