Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
JDT

I recently bought a slightly used 2 year old Splendide 2100 for our 05 HR Ambassador 38PST which I will install myself. I've already figured out I need to remove the screen door, passenger seat and the sliding door between the living area and bathroom just to get it to the cabinet in the back curbside corner of the bedroom. I think the location is the same as the PDQ's as the PST was a 3 slide version of the PDQ.

I did locate the spot for the outside vent with the help of a Monaco tech so I feel confident about that part. The rest I'm not sure about. For one thing, I cannot see how I can hook it up since there is no access from the side unless I have long enough water and vent hoses to do it outside the cabinet and then slide it in place hoping nothing kinks. I am thinking about cutting an access thru the divider wall between the washer closet and the main closet next to it so I can get to the hookups when needed.

If anyone has done this before please give me some advice. Also, if anyone has a PST/PDQ with a washer does it have an access panel in the closet? FInally, does the washer need to be secured in any way or does is just sit in the cabinet held down by its own weight?

Thanks, Jim
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
JDT

I recently bought a slightly used 2 year old Splendide 2100 for our 05 HR Ambassador 38PST which I will install myself. I've already figured out I need to remove the screen door, passenger seat and the sliding door between the living area and bathroom just to get it to the cabinet in the back curbside corner of the bedroom. I think the location is the same as the PDQ's as the PST was a 3 slide version of the PDQ.

I did locate the spot for the outside vent with the help of a Monaco tech so I feel confident about that part. The rest I'm not sure about. For one thing, I cannot see how I can hook it up since there is no access from the side unless I have long enough water and vent hoses to do it outside the cabinet and then slide it in place hoping nothing kinks. I am thinking about cutting an access thru the divider wall between the washer closet and the main closet next to it so I can get to the hookups when needed.

If anyone has done this before please give me some advice. Also, if anyone has a PST/PDQ with a washer does it have an access panel in the closet? FInally, does the washer need to be secured in any way or does is just sit in the cabinet held down by its own weight?

Thanks, Jim
Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
JDT.....I'm not familar with your layout, but there is access to my washer dryer hookups via the wardrobe closet.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Destination has a small door in the closet for access to the washer valves.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #5

Yup, access panel in the closet too!! If none, put one in and cover it with a spare piece of paneling.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #6
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JDT:
FInally, does the washer need to be secured in any way or does is just sit in the cabinet held down by its own weight?

Thanks, Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would definitely secure the washer. You don't want 150# comin out in a quick stop.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:42 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi JRT -

Welcome to irv2 We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the Monaco forum just let us know.

I'm assuming you do have water/drain lines coming to the W/D area (sorry, not familiar with your specific layout), but would think so. And like the other good folks have said, everybody has a small access panel in the adjacent closet where you can contort your hands into and reach the various plumbing points.

I agree that it needs to be secured to keep it from jumping around. Mine wasn't initially and it had hopped forward (gotta love that I-10) and pushed open the louvered-door far enough that it jammed against the slide. Took some work to get it back in place, but the W/D sure won't move now!

Good luck and glad to have you with us.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:08 AM   #8
JDT

Actually been a member for some time but I usually just read. It is nice to ask questions of folks who actually own a Monaco.

I do a lot of woodworking so cutting a hole is not a problem. The layout of my coach is the same as the 38 PDQ's except I don't have a curbside slide in the bedroom, only on the drivers side. It has the closet along the rear wall and w/d closet is to left side of it, with the tv above it.

Ron, how did you secure yours? I was thinking about adding an oak trim board an inch or so wide in front of it after it is installed to keep it from sliding forward. Also, can it be secured from tipping?

We only have 9k miles on the coach but the wife had to work 3 more years after I retired so use was limited. Those 3 years ended 3 weeks ago so we are looking forward to some extended trips this year. That's why we want the w/d. This is our second Holiday, the first being an 03 Vacationer, but I think this is RV number 8 in our 37 years of marriage. Enough about me and thanks for the help.

Jim
Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the total retirement! We both retired 14 days ago. Lovin' it!

Keep us updated on the W/D project, take photos if possible, and keep posting.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:02 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
JDT -

Yup. that's exactly how I did mine, with a padded 1x2 across the front just below the round door. Also put 1x2's along each side to keep it centered. Keep saying I'm also going to pull the W/D out again and put one across the back but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Good luck.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote