Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2019, 12:25 PM   #1

Water drainage

Have 2008 Dynasty Yorkshire. Recently have water draining out of underbelly hose behind aqua hot and forward of rear wheels. Parked for six weeks down south having to use both air and heat. No water during this time. Aqua hot is on electric only. Looking for advice.
2008MDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #2

AC drain?
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
AC drain?
That's where mine is.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:19 AM   #4

Quote:
AC drain?
For six weeks with air running nothing. When the water appeared the air hadn't been on for two days. My air conditioners have always drained from hoses located on the driver's side directly in front of the tires. I still don't know. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:30 AM   #5

Hi 2008MDY; OK, I am way out of area on this as I have an 01 Windsor without a lot of the options that come on an 08 Dynasty! Just a long shot here, but have you been hooked up to city water and does your Dynasty have some sort of water tank auto fill option? Read here in this forum once where on a higher end Monaco coach that the water tank auto fill valve had malfunctioned and was allowing water to bypass into the water tank. The tank filled up and water flows out of the overflow pipe. This exit is usually somewhere near the rear duels. On my 01 Windsor, the overflow exit for the water tank is in front of RR duels. Have read posts here where owners have had water draining near the duels and don't know where it's coming from. This is just a guess on my part. Hope it helps you find the problem!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:04 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just repaired my leak but it may not apply to you. The water was dripping from inside the waste area just in front of the drivers side rear tires.

I search everywhere and found the floor wet just aft of the front sink on my slide out. No brainer to me it must be my old sink facet so after busting my knuckles to replace it, I found that was not the problem.

So unable to find the source, I suspected it might be the drain hose flex hose from the front sink. Since I was leaving on a trip I put pans in the double sink to make sure that the water would not go down to the flex hose. I would dump the sink water down the bathroom drain during this troubleshooting. The leak stopped which confirmed suspicions.

So when I arrived home I used mirrors and inspection cameras to try to locate the fault. Unable to do so. So I cut a hole in the stationary wall by the slide(very neatly). Sure enough I could see the break in the hose as it connected into the drain system. The water was simply going out and running back to the waste area and exiting the first opening. I replaced the hose with a flex hose from Home Depot and made a decorative panel to cover the hole. At least now if it happens again it won't be a hard repair.

So I have a suggestion:

If you suspect a drain problem with your sink drains put a pan in the sink and manually dump the water. If that drain is leaking then your leak will stop when doing so. Just a thought.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi 2008MDY; OK, I am way out of area on this as I have an 01 Windsor without a lot of the options that come on an 08 Dynasty! Just a long shot here, but have you been hooked up to city water and does your Dynasty have some sort of water tank auto fill option? Read here in this forum once where on a higher end Monaco coach that the water tank auto fill valve had malfunctioned and was allowing water to bypass into the water tank. The tank filled up and water flows out of the overflow pipe. This exit is usually somewhere near the rear duels. On my 01 Windsor, the overflow exit for the water tank is in front of RR duels. Have read posts here where owners have had water draining near the duels and don't know where it's coming from. This is just a guess on my part. Hope it helps you find the problem!
Thanks for responding. I do have an auto fill feature. I am hooked up to city water but have not used this feature at all and it is off. You are right that the dripping is coming from the over flow hose from the water tank. The tank is currently 98 percent full. I have not moved or changed the level of the coach in the six weeks we've been here. Thanks for reminding me about the over flow feature. Not as concerned as before.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
Just repaired my leak but it may not apply to you. The water was dripping from inside the waste area just in front of the drivers side rear tires.

I search everywhere and found the floor wet just aft of the front sink on my slide out. No brainer to me it must be my old sink facet so after busting my knuckles to replace it, I found that was not the problem.

So unable to find the source, I suspected it might be the drain hose flex hose from the front sink. Since I was leaving on a trip I put pans in the double sink to make sure that the water would not go down to the flex hose. I would dump the sink water down the bathroom drain during this troubleshooting. The leak stopped which confirmed suspicions.

So when I arrived home I used mirrors and inspection cameras to try to locate the fault. Unable to do so. So I cut a hole in the stationary wall by the slide(very neatly). Sure enough I could see the break in the hose as it connected into the drain system. The water was simply going out and running back to the waste area and exiting the first opening. I replaced the hose with a flex hose from Home Depot and made a decorative panel to cover the hole. At least now if it happens again it won't be a hard repair.

So I have a suggestion:

If you suspect a drain problem with your sink drains put a pan in the sink and manually dump the water. If that drain is leaking then your leak will stop when doing so. Just a thought.
I'm pretty confident the water is coming from the water tank over flow hose. Not sure why after six weeks of not moving or doing anything with my water tank the dripping has shown up. I'm not as worried as at first. I will keep watching it. Thanks for responding.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post

So I have a suggestion:

Thanks for writing. I'm pretty confident the water is coming from the water tank over flow hose. Not sure why since I haven't moved or changed level. I'm going to keep watching it but no longer as concerned.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #10

I have a 06 Beaver and found the tank would overfill and leak over time, took the auto fill solenoid apart and cleaned it, solved the problem
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:29 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
That was me, and 8.3 accurately described the problem. The solution was pretty easy on our coach: replace the Y-valve that directed city water into the tank or into the coach. Home Depot has jillions. I had to buy PEX fittings and tools, but now I can fix any PEX related problem on the coach.
Until I got around to fixing the valve I kept an eye on the tank level, shut off city water and ran on the tank for a few days until the water level dropped way down, then opened city water again until the cycle repeated. I fixed it after that became annoying.

Cheers,
Old 02-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwyatt View Post
I have a 06 Beaver and found the tank would overfill and leak over time, took the auto fill solenoid apart and cleaned it, solved the problem
Thanks for the reply. Had to put coach in storage immediately after trip but will see if this is what's causing it in spring. Coach was stationary for two months and on city water before this issue started.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcovey View Post
That was me, and 8.3 accurately described the problem. The solution was pretty easy on our coach: replace the Y-valve that directed city water into the tank or into the coach. Home Depot has jillions. I had to buy PEX fittings and tools, but now I can fix any PEX related problem on the coach.
Until I got around to fixing the valve I kept an eye on the tank level, shut off city water and ran on the tank for a few days until the water level dropped way down, then opened city water again until the cycle repeated. I fixed it after that became annoying.

Cheers,
Thanks for the reply. I do have auto fill feature but never used it on this trip. When I've used it in the past it has only filled it to 98 percent which has always done. I was on city water for almost two months without moving before the issue surfaced. The using water from the tank is great suggestion. Had to put coach directly in to storage but will try that in the spring. Thanks again.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #14

Quote:
AC drain?
Thanks for responding. It's not any of my ac drains. They have always drained far away from this area. Had several suggestions that I'm going to try once the snow melts. Thanks again.

Tags
water