Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Water filter????????

I have an 07 HR Sceptor. The spec sheet shows a water filter, but I can't find it. I would like to have one. What works best exterior or built in? Any brands work better than others? Thanks for the help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #2

They can put them in some odd places, mine are behind a door in the wet bay were I have to winterize.

Having said that I'll be taking them out this year and putting them on the hose. They are remarkably hard to get at, and when I winterize (as you will if you leave the coach outside in a North Dakota winter) you have to fill and flush the containers each time you winterize, and it is a significant volume of antifreeze. Oh yes, you also have to remove the filter or it will take forever to get the smell of antifreeze out of the water.

I've seen some nice wire frames that hold them off the ground when they are attached at the water supply.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My Owners Manual on our '06 Camelot describes a water filter also, but it does not have a whole water system filter. It does have a under the counter filter for the kitchen sink. A friend has an '08 Camelot and the filter is reached from inside the luggage compartment that has a sliding access door to reach the backside of the water heater.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob (WA0MQE) View Post
A friend has an '08 Camelot and the filter is reached from inside the luggage compartment that has a sliding access door to reach the backside of the water heater.
Mine is in the same location(what were they thinking?); and, as soon as I find someone that can re-plumb the lines, I'll remove it and use one that is portable and connected to the water hose..

Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Monaco Owners Club
Our friend's Camelot has one in the same location. You have to crawl into the pass through storage bay to the middle fo the coach. Behind a door is the water pump and filter.
2013 Polaris RZR 800 LE
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Oddly, my 08 knight has a whole house filter, located in the small bay on the passenger side, ahead of the blank panel where the tanks r, but behind the big pass thru bays.

I use a straight sediment filter in that one, along with a charcoal filter under the sink, and another charcoal filter on the hose if connected in a campground.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
I have n 07 Scepter and my "whole house" filter was located in the service bay with the water connection. Filter would plug quickly and cut water to the coach, cost about $45 to replace and was hard to find. I by passed the filter, purchased a filter housing from Lowes and use inexpensive whole house filters at the hose input end. Works great.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #8

I have a 2008 Knight and mine is located on the drivers side in a compartment that holds the water heater. You get at it from a small door in the storage compartment under the coach. It is a pain to get at. The compartment does not have an holes in the bottom to let water out from changing the filter. A real pain!

Steve
Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
I have a 2008 Knight and mine is located on the drivers side in a compartment that holds the water heater. You get at it from a small door in the storage compartment under the coach. It is a pain to get at. The compartment does not have an holes in the bottom to let water out from changing the filter. A real pain!Steve
Are you sure that it is on the DRIVER'S side? Mine is on the passenger side and otherwise is as you described.

Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #10

You are right. It is on the passenger side.

Thanks.

Steve
Old 04-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #11

Hi, I had the exact same question/issue. My owners' manual describes a twin filter system for the coach, but I can't find it in the water/sewer bay or the bay next to it that has the water pump in it. Did you ever get any further info on what is going on with this? The manual talks about replacing these filters at least once a year, etc., and I am guessing our 2006 Camelot probably has never had it done. thanks! Don Schager
Old 05-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I too have a 2007 Scepter. The water filter (ADC Everpure) should be located in the water bay, on the top left corner. Easy to see and get to. If you don't see the cylinder, it's probably capped with removal twist off plastic fitting. Excuse the terminology as I'm not a plumber. I believe the only water being filtered in this coach is on the refrigerator door and ice cubes. I know all coaches are different, so maybe this information won't help you. I know this filter is a little pricey, but seems to work for a long time.

2007 42' H/R Scepter & 2010 Equinox Toad
SailHo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water