Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I have had low pressure from day one on this coach. I have a filter in the wet bay and have put the plug in and removed the filter but still low flow. Any other thoughts. Our old winny had more pressure then at home.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have had low pressure from day one on this coach. I have a filter in the wet bay and have put the plug in and removed the filter but still low flow. Any other thoughts. Our old winny had more pressure then at home.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:27 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hi UPS 34

This would annoy me also if this was in my coach.

Is the pressure low in both the kitchen, shower and anywhere else where there is an outlet?

Is the pressure low regardless of if you hook up permanently or if you use the coach's water pump?

I am trying to help locate the problem by elimination.

The Great Dane

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:01 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I would say it is low all the time. It is a little better with the pump.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have had the same problem and it is on-going after 2 repairs... The last repair seemed to help the pressure inside a little but I still get very little water into my fresh water tank through the big brass city water/tank fill valve. I installed a fill spout directly on the fresh water tank to get any in there at all.

The strange thing is that in the coach the water pressure is superb when using the water pump. There has to be a restriction somewhere but they can't find it yet. It seems likely that it is in the hose reel area????? Meanwhile, it's liveable but not right.

Goes in again after summer..........

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Freemn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The problem is the stock filter -- I had the same problem until I replaced it -- The filter that comes stock, is more of a under sink filter, than a whole house filter -- It has a 3/8 inch inlet/outlet -- I went to Lowes & purchased a whole house filter with 3/4 inch in/out -- Reduced it down to 1/2 inch, & made "SURE' that I used 1/2 inside diameter tubing to connect it -- Problem solved -- The reason I had to get 3/4 inch filter, is that I couldn`t find 1/2 inch - They have 3/8 inch, but that would defeat the purpose -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:07 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
William

We removed the filter and put in the by-pass unit. Would this still be the cause of the low pressure?

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Freemn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:08 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Bill,

Here is a recent thread that discusses low pressure in the Camelot. Concensus seems to be what Bill Willard just said.

Also if you do an advanced search on the phrase "water pressure" in the Monaco forum, you'll get other threads that may be helpful.

If it's NOT the filter, I wound if you could have a hose that is kinked up near the reel.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Freemn2 -- Installing the by-pass plug does not address the problem -- You`re still dealing with 3/8 inch in and out - The same size that the supply lines for your faucets are -- The filter that I used is in the $30.00 range, & by far less expensive to replace the filter element -- Bill Willard
Old 06-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #10

I have been using the higher pressure 50-60 psi Camping World regulator for the last two years. The standard regulators are 40-50 psi. The manufacturer advertises the higher psi ones for newer rigs. For me, the increase in flow is very noticeable. I also noticed that they now sell an adjustable pressure regulator also.

I have a water filter under the sink of my Camelot and change it out every year. Hope this helps.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar problem with my 08 Camelot. I finally pulled the hose completely off the electric reel to discover the hose was kinked and twisted at the reel attachment. Once straightened, it made a world of difference but after purchasing a 1" brass adjustable regulator it got even better. I am now
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
BigSky -- Don`t know for sure, but I think the 08 Camalot`s have a different filter than the 07`s - Freemn -- I was at Lowes after the last post, & the filter I used to replace the stock one, is made by Whirlpool, & cost $20.57 - Bill Willard
Old 06-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Water flow - always seems too low for me. That's why in my last few RV's I have done the following:
(1) Remove all the "restrictors" in the faucets and shower heads. You will be surprised how much these little washers affect flow.
(2) Replace OEM water pump with a 5.7 gpm Surflow - newer coaches, built since 2001, have water systems that can take the 65+ psi that these pumps operate at.
(3) Never rely on CG pressure - I just fill up the tank, turn off the water and use the pump to presurize the RV lines.

Since I started these procedures some 8 years and 3 coaches ago, I have not had any problems with water flow.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all your help. I removed all the restrictors in the faucets, Removed the filter in the wet bay. I am also planning on replacing the pump in the future. I use a house type pressure regulator. Works well. I have it set at 60 lbs. I never seem to find that high of pressure anywhere. I am happy with the flow and pressure now. This is sure a great place for help.....