Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #15

I had a 2003 hr that leaked bad at a slide while it rained I hunted it turned out slide gasket came down the side at the bottom they made a u to turning water out bad design they fixed it by placing a cup instead of turning the gasket no more water hr replaced carpet, furniture due to possible mold prblems
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #16

I thought I would provide an update on what I found tonight. I started at the rear A/C and everything looked ok. I tested the condenser drain by pouring water through the condensor and make sure it flowed properly. I could hear it hitting the floor so the drain must be clear. I think the unit itself was a little loose so I tightened the four bolts. We did get water coming out of this unit when it rained but I couldn't see any signs. The only thing I could think is maybe that when the coach is on jacks, it maybe slightly flexed to where the A/C unit was loose enough to allow water under the rubber seal.

Onto the front A/C. First thing I noticed was there are 2 plastic drain pans that are visibile from outside the unit even with the covers on. Each one of these pans had their side broken out. I thought this was odd. I couldn't test the drain tube by pouring water in the condensor since all the water would just flow out the broken pan.

So for some reason these pans were broken. My first thought was someone wanted to drain the water out the side instead of down the tube. I removed the drain tube from the tee and poured water down the tube. It would back up the water but if I blew on the tube hard enough, I could get the water to come out the other end which I found in front of the drivers side front tire. Without blowing hard through the tube, the water would not flow freely. Something was blocking the flow.

I found the tube behind the A pillar on the drivers side. Didn't see any visible kinks. Ran out of time tonight so tomorrow I plan on cutting the tube in the middle to see if the problem is on the top half or bottom half.

I still don't see how this would cause my leak when it rains. I wouldn't think the A/C condensor drain would have any impact when it rains and I am not running the A/C. Am I missing something? Does this drain which appears restricted also a drain for something else?

Does anyone know where can I get replacement pans? I would like to replace them before putting everything back together.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #17
JDT

The leak in my Ambassador pooled under the dash mainly in the front corner by the steering wheel. I searched and searched for any visible leak in the roof and could not find one. Finally I took a hose and sprayed every possible spot for a leak, starting at the bottom of the drivers side window and front windshield and worked my way up.

I had no water in the coach until I sprayed the radio antenna which is almost directly over my head when I'm sitting in the drivers seat. The mounting bracket for the antenna has a screw that goes through the bowl shaped bracket and into the roof of the coach. You have to remove the antenna to see it. Mine had some caulk over it but was evidently loose and allowed water to get past the screw and work it's way down to the floor. After I recaulked it no more problems.

Jim
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Unbelivable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I had a 2003 hr that leaked bad at a slide while it rained I hunted it turned out slide gasket came down the side at the bottom they made a u to turning water out bad design they fixed it by placing a cup instead of turning the gasket no more water hr replaced carpet, furniture due to possible mold prblems
I have been going thru the same thing chasing a leak on the bedroom slide, I've retaped it, sealed the seals and still getting some water. Yesterday during the rain storm here I found just what you just said.

I have the cups and they wont have a drop of water in them and what I found yesterday was as they rolled the gasket around the cup and along the bottom what was happening was any water that got behind the seals along the sides would run down and hit the rolled gasket and run behind it not into the cup. So I got in there with a utitily knife and made a slit in the turn so the gasket didn't block of water to the cup. It poured all night here and at 5:30 this morning I'm out in the coach and everything is bone dry. I hope this may finally be the soloution to this pain in the butt problem. We just replaced all the flooring and DW is getting close to ripping my face off. lol Good timing.

Thanks

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote