Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2018, 09:44 AM   #15

It looks like they cost about $30 on Amazon. Probably a good idea to start here and, if it is the pump, I have an extra latching relay. Thanks for sharing! It is all much clearer to me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Doubt IF pump is issue........

You have 4 switches that turn pump on/off.....then you also have a latching relay
Latching relay is more likely the culprit

Something like this:

Installed like this:

And wired like this:
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
First thing, and the cheapest, to do is make sure there is power to the pump,then open a spigot and go tap on the pump with a mallet. Hit on the end where the wires are attached. That is a pressure switch and sometimes they get stuck.

If you are seeing 12VDC at the pump measured by using both leads to the pump, then the latching relay is ok
Old 08-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecdatlanta View Post
Trying to upload image again...
That's a Remco 55Aquajet-ARV. I just replaced mine. Bought it on Amazon; they are pricey.
I'd run a pair of jumper wires directly from the battery to confirm it is dead before replacing it.
Note that there is a Bosch-style relay delivering the pump power. The latching controller activates the relay, not the pump directly. That relay could also be the issue. Any auto parts store has them.

HTH,
Old 08-11-2018, 09:12 PM   #18

Well, your solutions sounds to be the most fun (and the cheapest)! Rubber mallet it is!

There is definitely power getting to the pump. And I find it strange that it was working fine just the weekend before. We didn't move the coach, or do anything to it.

It's worth a shot (or a tap!).

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
First thing, and the cheapest, to do is make sure there is power to the pump,then open a spigot and go tap on the pump with a mallet. Hit on the end where the wires are attached. That is a pressure switch and sometimes they get stuck.

If you are seeing 12VDC at the pump measured by using both leads to the pump, then the latching relay is ok
Old 08-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #19

Thanks for the model number. I am going to hit mine with a rubber mallet first, as was suggested by another Monaco owner. If that doesn't work, I'll be ordering a new pump. It looks like $174 on amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcovey View Post
That's a Remco 55Aquajet-ARV. I just replaced mine. Bought it on Amazon; they are pricey.
I'd run a pair of jumper wires directly from the battery to confirm it is dead before replacing it.
Note that there is a Bosch-style relay delivering the pump power. The latching controller activates the relay, not the pump directly. That relay could also be the issue. Any auto parts store has them.

HTH,
Old 08-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #20

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
Do you have waterpump switches at different locations?
If so the latching relay may have failed. They switch the ground source so it’s possible to have power but it won’t run without the ground source.
Keep in mind that not all models have a latching relay. Some use a three (or four) way switch arrangement and if one switch fails, you lose your pump. (Speaking from experience there!) The switch that failed for me was the one in the wet bay and that kept the pump from running. I joggled it a bit and got it started and when I got back put in a new switch.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Also, be aware that some pumps are continuously/permanently grounded and switch the 12V power supply on and off - opposite of the diagram in post 15.

It all depends on your coach - so you need to know what you have to troubleshoot it.
Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	214879  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Northern Tool and Harbor Freight both sell this type of pump. Just make sure your GPM at pressure is correct. I usually use the pump when camping and only use the camp water to fill the tank.
richardgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #23

When you check the voltage at the pump make sure you are still hooked to the pump. When I would unhook the the pump and check voltage I would get over 12 volts but when there was a load on the circuit from the pump trying to run it only had around 2 volts. My problem was a loose connection in the fuse area below the drivers seat ( the plug with several wires right below the water pump fuse). Mine also has inline fuses in the bay with the water pump.
Dave
Woodman018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #24

Hi All,

I finally got my replacement water pump and hooked it up. Now, the pump light won't light up in the coach and there is no power going to the pump. Where is the fuse for the system? I couldn't find it in the main fuse panel outside on drivers side.

Any ideas what might have happened?
mecdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
You should have a fuse panel somewhere in the coach as well and I'm guessing that's where you'll find the fuse for pump. What year and make is your coach?
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #26

It's a 2002 Monaco signature triple crown. The only other place I know of for fuses is above the washing machine I'll take a look. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #27

Good news everyone! The pump is working!!! I followed the instructions that came with the pump and tried to get a read on the volt meter, since reversing the pos/neg can apparently cause damage to the pump. Except that the pump light wouldn't come on and no power ever came through the leads. I finished hooking the pump up nevertheless, knowing that the next time we go camping, family is not going to be happy without running water. I even went ahead and took some risk (not a lot, b/c I followed the leads from the old pump and was fairly certain I had pos/neg sorted out) and hooked up the electrical. Later in the day, for some reason, I hit the pump switch (by accident I think), and the light came on. What's more, the pump worked! A small victory but boy does it feel satisfying to have that issue resolved.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump