RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,283
Water Pump Relay Location

I have a 1999 Monaco Windsor 38 ft single slide. I have been trying to troubleshoot my water pump not working. I pulled the pump and hot wired it to a 12VDC battery and it runs. I have checked the voltage at the pump and get 6 VCD and 0 VDC as a push the switch in the water bay. I checked the voltage at both switches, in the bathroom i have 2 - 3 VDC and in the water bay i have the same. I checked numerous other 12 VDC components and wiring and have 12 VDC every where including the green indicator lights for the pump. I did hear the pump relay clicking as i was testing the switch in the bathroom. However, it was to faint to find out where it was. I looked in the bay where the water manifold and water pump are and didn't see anything that looked like a relay. I tried following the wires with no success either. Any suggestions where the water pump relay is located on my coach?
__________________

__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
I have a 1999 Monaco Windsor 38 ft single slide. I have been trying to troubleshoot my water pump not working. I pulled the pump and hot wired it to a 12VDC battery and it runs. I have checked the voltage at the pump and get 6 VCD and 0 VDC as a push the switch in the water bay. I checked the voltage at both switches, in the bathroom i have 2 - 3 VDC and in the water bay i have the same. I checked numerous other 12 VDC components and wiring and have 12 VDC every where including the green indicator lights for the pump. I did hear the pump relay clicking as i was testing the switch in the bathroom. However, it was to faint to find out where it was. I looked in the bay where the water manifold and water pump are and didn't see anything that looked like a relay. I tried following the wires with no success either. Any suggestions where the water pump relay is located on my coach?

Most water pumps systems have a "low side latching controller" somewhere. "low side" means the water pump has +12vdc on one side all the time and pushing any switch supplies ground (thru the controller). Another push of a switch unlatches the controller and removes ground. Makes it a little harder to troubleshoot since you are looking for a missing ground.

It's usually similar to this:
http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/intel...22033100-2.pdf
__________________

__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
DtBt's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Saint Leonard,MD
Posts: 746
Pull the front level monitoring panel and you will see the controller for the water pump. It is a latching relay circuit in a black box as described by bruceisla.
__________________
2005 Safari Panther Diamond IV Cat C13
2013 Avalanche Toad
DtBt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
H. Miller's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,529
When all else fails, get another person to operate the switch on & off & on (you get the idea) while you track the noise previously mentioned.....
__________________
Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
3"girls" (2 Irish Setters - 1 Retriever) - RIP Annie & Emily (12/26/2017)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Sohapi's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,283
Thanks for all the help. I was able to get a circuit schematic from Monaco. I am happy to say they responded very quickly to my e-mail. It shows a Intellitec Model 00-00189-000 Radio Switch Monoplex controlling the water pump power. It is located behind the Monitor Panel above the Co-Pilots seat. I don't have time to see if this is my problem or not. It will have to wait for the weekend or next week. Unfortunately i have to work to support my habits and they are sending me to lovely Gillette WY for the rest of the week. I will let every know if this fixes my problem. I have the one page schematic if anyone wants a copy. It is dated 11/23/98, Series: All Windsor, Title: Monitor Panel.
__________________
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
Thanks for all the help. I was able to get a circuit schematic from Monaco. I am happy to say they responded very quickly to my e-mail. It shows a Intellitec Model 00-00189-000 Radio Switch Monoplex controlling the water pump power. It is located behind the Monitor Panel above the Co-Pilots seat. I don't have time to see if this is my problem or not. It will have to wait for the weekend or next week. Unfortunately i have to work to support my habits and they are sending me to lovely Gillette WY for the rest of the week. I will let every know if this fixes my problem. I have the one page schematic if anyone wants a copy. It is dated 11/23/98, Series: All Windsor, Title: Monitor Panel.
Not so sure they sent you the right schematic. Pretty sure the Radio Monoplex only switches 3 amps and requires the ignition key to be on. I guess you could use it for a water pump if the IGN input was tied up to +12vdc. You might have a look at this controller though.

http://www.intellitec.com/assets/pdf...-00145-000.pdf

In either case, they look similar and should be easy to identify once you find the location in the RV.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Gorlininc's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 1,742
Are your water pump switched on/off switches or momentary switches. In my 2001 diplomat I have 2 on/off switches. One in the water bay and one by the bathroom sink.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:59 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Are your water pump switched on/off switches or momentary switches. In my 2001 diplomat I have 2 on/off switches. One in the water bay and one by the bathroom sink.
Interesting ... Are they 3-ways?

My 97 Endeavor has 3 momentary and the latching controller ... wet bay, kitchen, bath sink.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Gorlininc's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 1,742
Yes. I have 2. 3-way switches.
That's why I'm trying to see what system the OP has.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Yes. I have 2. 3-way switches.
That's why I'm trying to see what system the OP has.
Interesting ... direct connect (with or without conventional relay)?

I.E., if there are only 2 switches there isn't a need for a controller.

My wet bay switch died but I never used it anyway so I removed it ... now it's 2 switches but still has the low side controller.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #11
RVM #74
 
PushedAround's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ambler, PA
Posts: 2,853
Blog Entries: 7
I just had a problem with my latching controller on my Tiffin. Heading south, the temp went from 20 deg F to 60 in a few hours drive and it stopped working. Got the same 3 volts at the switches. Called Tiffin and the tech said that sometimes moisture (condensation) can cause the latching controller to temporarily stop working (mine is in a panel above the water compartment). Everything was wringing wet at that time. A few more hours down the road and it started working again. No problems since.
__________________
Larry & Cheryl Oscar, Louie, Ranger & Henry (our Springers)
PushedAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Gorlininc's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 1,742
I attached my wiring diagram. There is no relay. The pump is powered by the monitor system and uses it's 15 amp fuse. I added an inline fuse at the pump for my own piece of mind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1732695355.jpg
Views:	1872
Size:	595.1 KB
ID:	56981

It shows the switch in the monitor itself and a 2 way switch attached.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
I attached my wiring diagram. There is no relay. The pump is powered by the monitor system and uses it's 15 amp fuse. I added an inline fuse at the pump for my own piece of mind.

Attachment 56981

It shows the switch in the monitor itself and a 2 way switch attached.
That's a bit different ... do you think pin 6 drives the indicator lamp?
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Gorlininc's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 1,742
I've stated at this schematic, with no reasonable explanation how it works. However without seeing the schematic of the monitor it's hard to determine exactly how it works. But it shows me how it is fused and wired.
The schamtic shows one 2-way switch. That's in the water bay. The other switch is mounted inside the monitor so it's hard to tell how it's wired up. But it works.
__________________

Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat, water, water pump



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Fresh Water Auto-Fill System Dr4Film RV Systems & Appliances 9 12-22-2015 09:22 PM
City Water + Pump? plasma800 RV Systems & Appliances 12 02-17-2014 01:24 PM
Water pump runs for a couple of seconds then shuts off wpatters1229 RV Systems & Appliances 13 12-06-2013 01:45 PM
Bounder: 1994 Bounder Horn relay location Vintageracer Fleetwood Owner's Forum 4 09-04-2013 03:29 AM
water pump for the coach '09 Beaver Waterview202 Monaco Owner's Forum 8 08-10-2013 11:27 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×