Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2017, 04:43 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
We did it, 08 Camelot 40PDQ!

While waiting for insurance money to clear on our late, great 06 Endeavor , we pulled the trigger on a Camelot this week. Very happy with it so far, a lot of similarities and some new stuff. Glad we had a Monaco product before, as the previous owner’s daughter was unable to answer any questions. Almost seems that all they did was drive it - microwave was unused as was the stove, washer/dryer, etc. Even the holding tank sensors still worked.

Had a scare driving it back thru Miami traffic... little yellow symbol popped up on the Medallion display. Worried me til it went out, as we obviously couldn’t just stop in traffic to figure it out. Finally got a chance to look it up, and it’s for the HEST system doing its thing. Guess it’s ok, but sure had me for a minute.

Also managed to trip the GFI the first nite. Went to bed with almost no lites, but finally found the breaker under the bathroom sink (whew!) the next morning.

I’m sure I’ll have more questions about specifics, but will start new threads.

Thanks for listening.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2017, 05:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
While waiting for insurance money to clear on our late, great 06 Endeavor , we pulled the trigger on a Camelot this week. Very happy with it so far, a lot of similarities and some new stuff. Glad we had a Monaco product before, as the previous owner’s daughter was unable to answer any questions. Almost seems that all they did was drive it - microwave was unused as was the stove, washer/dryer, etc. Even the holding tank sensors still worked.

Had a scare driving it back thru Miami traffic... little yellow symbol popped up on the Medallion display. Worried me til it went out, as we obviously couldn’t just stop in traffic to figure it out. Finally got a chance to look it up, and it’s for the HEST system doing its thing. Guess it’s ok, but sure had me for a minute.

Also managed to trip the GFI the first nite. Went to bed with almost no lites, but finally found the breaker under the bathroom sink (whew!) the next morning.

Thanks for listening.
Sounds like you got a great coach Rusty. Congrats.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:44 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks for listening.

looking forward to seeing your new signature.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:48 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #5

Congrats!

Where are the pictures??
Old 11-06-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, need pictures or it never happened!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Heh-heh-heh. Same questions I’ve asked others, so fair is fair. Will start posting soon as I get the honey-dos down to a manageable level.

So far, hooked up ice maker, repaired vacuum, tried to cal sat dish dome (no joy), learned that radio/gps has traffic alerts, shut down everything several times by inadvertently hitting “salesman switch” while aiming for lite-switch, and a few more small things. And that was all before breakfast. Time for a nap.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #8

Rusty, welcome to the Camelot family, there’s plenty of us for you to pick our brains. You need help let us know
Old 11-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Congrats !!
Old 11-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #10

Quote:

Thanks for listening.
Welcome to the family!!

What is the HEST system?
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
HEST is High Exhaust System Temperature.

I’m sure there are experts on here to explain better, but is basically a mode that newer diesels periodically go into to assist in burning off particulates in the exhaust system.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #12

Quote:

I’m sure there are experts on here to explain better, but is basically a mode that newer diesels periodically go into to assist in burning off particulates in the exhaust system.

The system works in conjunction DPF exhaust. It will when needed and you are traveling at least 20 mph start e regeneration cycle, they typically last 10-15 minutes and create high temperatures around exhaust area. Hence why the heat shield around exhaust. On a 1,000 mike trip I had cycle once, you just don’t know when.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #13

Quote:

Ah...Yes I know it as Regen for the DPF. Now I know when it goes off what that means it's doing!

I used to work at a Navistar dealership where they would boil the DPFs if they were really bad. The light on the trucks and busses would say Regen not HEST. Cool!
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, mine says Regen too. Have only seen it once in about 3,000 miles since the engine rebuild and new DPF, before that it was every few miles it seemed.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote