RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
The Newport Dunes at Newport Beach

FYI to get a ocean front [water front] you should call your request in, not do it on line as I did for my first time there.

Price for Spaces varies from $65+ to $180+ per night.
Guard gate, market, restaurant; pedal boats, electric boats, bike & golf cart rentals...
Swimming in lagoon and nice pool.
Sand swim and all that goes with that...

Over all, I rate this place a 8 or 9 on scale of ten...

Clean, wide spaces with 50 amp hook ups.
The central pedestal had cable, power, water, and dump right together. Nicely located.

My friend Jeff, posts here as: "Fatee2K"Ł...
He Got married and sent a limo around to get all us ślow life's' huddling at the śCampground'

Sun cam out around 1-1:30 pm daily.... Nice relaxing weekend, "Camping"Ł far from home, [23.6 miles away]...

Only down side was again, a tree blocked my satellite from getting & finding the correct bird...
Sat 62.5 came in.... never mind...

I will stay there again, it is totally worth it. Bring your bikes, as you can ride around town from there.

Oh, and the wedding was nice also! If you like yacht [ship] rides around a harbor with an open bar...
Amber looked beautiful and Jeff was, well Jeff, with a tux on...

If you are ever in that part of So Kal, check this place out...

Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The Newport Dunes at Newport Beach

FYI to get a ocean front [water front] you should call your request in, not do it on line as I did for my first time there.

Price for Spaces varies from $65+ to $180+ per night.
Guard gate, market, restaurant; pedal boats, electric boats, bike & golf cart rentals...
Swimming in lagoon and nice pool.
Sand swim and all that goes with that...

Over all, I rate this place a 8 or 9 on scale of ten...

Clean, wide spaces with 50 amp hook ups.
The central pedestal had cable, power, water, and dump right together. Nicely located.

My friend Jeff, posts here as: "Fatee2K"Ł...
He Got married and sent a limo around to get all us ślow life's' huddling at the śCampground'

Sun cam out around 1-1:30 pm daily.... Nice relaxing weekend, "Camping"Ł far from home, [23.6 miles away]...

Only down side was again, a tree blocked my satellite from getting & finding the correct bird...
Sat 62.5 came in.... never mind...

I will stay there again, it is totally worth it. Bring your bikes, as you can ride around town from there.

Oh, and the wedding was nice also! If you like yacht [ship] rides around a harbor with an open bar...
Amber looked beautiful and Jeff was, well Jeff, with a tux on...

If you are ever in that part of So Kal, check this place out...

Steve

Old 06-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Great post, Steve. Sounded like a lot of fun.

I'm going to link this to the Campground site so's more folks can learn about your nice experience too.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I called them today for a price quote and they told me $85 to over $200 per day for my 40'DIP....I know it's a nice park, but that is nuts. I ended up in Anaheim, 20 miles away for $55 per night, in a 4star park Still too high in my opinion, but then it is Orange County in the summer.:wave
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I know the price is nutz...
However this is Newport Beach where a 1200 sq' three bedroom house goes for 2.3 million!

One mile walk [bike] around the back bay [circles it], with a 3mph limit!!

Ride your bikes over to Balboa Island where a three bed room cottage will set you back more like 22 million [not a typo]...

The point is it is very expensive spot to be, and I felt, that for a hundred bucks, it was worth it.

And I'm a guy that only subscribes to the newspaper Thurs to Sunday to save a dollar a week...

Call and ask for a site in the #3000 to 4000 range on or as close to the sand as you can get. [either back in or forward in [or if you and a friend go there, you can be awning to awning].

Later...
Steve
Old 06-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Sand:
I am staying in Anaheim...it's just not worth 3 times as much to be that close to the beach. I know that is some of the most expensive real estate in CA, but I am just too cheap to pay that much...plus we are going to be there for a week....guess I'll just ride my bike around Anaheim!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
jfb

Stayed there 12/26-29/90. Nice. Didnt log the cost per nite then but fuel(gas) was $1.189 back in those days....
jfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We stayed there once in their budget sites. We had a coupon and paid $45.00 per night. The budget sites are so tight that you have to put the table in front of your RV because it won't fit alongside.

We did it once to see the place, won't go back. The nice sites are up against the little inland bay and run over $200.00 in the summer.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:10 AM   #9

Hey steve... Glad you guys had a great time, and amber does look beautiful, and well your right jeff is jeff with a tux, but a lucky man to boot, We have stayed at newport dunes about 5 times, and as teofff states it is pricey, but come on Anaheim vs newport, all it takes is for a motorist to run you over in anaheim and the cost justifes the means, and where would you ride to anyways, i guess if your looking to do disneyland, or knotts then that would be a good choice, but if you have kids or not, take your beach curisers, ride the ferry, for .85ct each go over to balboa island, bike along the stand, ride some rides, play some games, eat some good food, enjoy the sunset.. wow do i need to go on.. you spend hundreds of thousands for your coach, and your afraid to drop a few hundred, maybe you should have bought a fleetwood, then i could understand your point, as you would have spent all your money fixing it.. haha. i have stayed in the best front pull site overlooking the bay, with a nice lawn next to me, sitting out side watching a nfl game for 130.00 a nite.. oh and by the way, i bet at anahiem your wern't able to buy a 5.00 chessebuger plate, bbq, in back of the store, on every fri nite, and sit by a fire next to the bay, and look out and say.. wow what a life... so if you want to really have a nice time at a nice resort.. then step up to the plate.. or why choose anaheim.. **** you could stay in lake elsinore for about 19.00 a nite, and smell dead fish and watch the sun set though the smog.. hey thats a thought, i think i'll book it for this weekend.. how bout it steve you in ???
jefflewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #10

We have stayed at "the dunes" several times and yes, it is expensive. We take the grandkids there (ages 2-16) and they have a BLAST! They have activities for all ages from crafts inside where the kids can pay 3 bucks for materials and make something (last time they made sun catchers) to outdoor movies at night, swmming in the bay with water toys, pool, etc etc etc. From the "old" dunes to the "new" dunes.... quite a change and quite frankly.... what the hey... its worth the $200
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Hey everyone!
Well after a busy traveling summer period we are here at the dunes just spending some quality family time before school starts and I get back to work .

Great place to spend the week. Only negative is the site space (to small for me) just was able to get the coach off the road and we are only 37'. everything works great (50amp, WIFI etc)
As far as the price-Well if you have to ask but the temp is great...only 76 today with sun after 10am. Kids are having a blast with the swimming area, game room and activities. Older DD and DW love the fact we are only a few blocks from a huge mall

If you need a family area in So.Cal to spend some time you will enjoy this resort.

Take care all and be safe!
Steve

BCSteve is offline   Reply With Quote