Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Weldex and Spare Electrical Connector Questions

I need help with two issues. I am installing a 10" monitor by the drivers side A pillar to connect to an old laptop mounted beside the drivers seat. I also want to connect the Weldex system to the new monitor so I can actually see what the camera is seeing without doing all kinds of contortions and and trying to see around the steering wheel ( wonder who designed that dash).

First question; do you know where to buy the small male pins that will fit into the road side electrical distribution panel connectors? There are already spare fused slots available but cant figure out where to buy the pins that fit or what to ask for. Radio Shack has some pins, but they are not correct. I want to use a spare 15a circuit for powering the laptop and monitor ( both will run off DC: one is 6a and one is 2 a).

Second question; I looked under the dash at the weldex cabling; what a mess! I see several video in connections to the Weldex, but did not see a video out for a second monitor. Does anyone know if I should just spilt the camera in signal so I can have the signal to both monitors or if there is another cable I have just not found? My new monitor has two RCA jack video inputs.

I appreciate any help. I am a flangehead and can fix about anything mechanical, but this wirehead stuff gets me. thanks again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2010, 04:50 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattacuda View Post
I need help with two issues. I am installing a 10" monitor by the drivers side A pillar to connect to an old laptop mounted beside the drivers seat. I also want to connect the Weldex system to the new monitor so I can actually see what the camera is seeing without doing all kinds of contortions and and trying to see around the steering wheel ( wonder who designed that dash).

First question; do you know where to buy the small male pins that will fit into the road side electrical distribution panel connectors? There are already spare fused slots available but cant figure out where to buy the pins that fit or what to ask for. Radio Shack has some pins, but they are not correct. I want to use a spare 15a circuit for powering the laptop and monitor ( both will run off DC: one is 6a and one is 2 a).

Second question; I looked under the dash at the weldex cabling; what a mess! I see several video in connections to the Weldex, but did not see a video out for a second monitor. Does anyone know if I should just spilt the camera in signal so I can have the signal to both monitors or if there is another cable I have just not found? My new monitor has two RCA jack video inputs.

I appreciate any help. I am a flangehead and can fix about anything mechanical, but this wirehead stuff gets me. thanks again.
Larry,

I think you might find what you are looking for on this page:
Contacts - Multi Purpose | Digi-Key

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
On our '06 Endeavor there is an /V interface module that you should be able to break off a video output for another monitor.. It is located under the dash among all the wiring mess. I don't think the Weldex monitor has multiple inputs but I could be wrong.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks

Thanks Bob and Mark. I ordered the connector pins this morning from Bob's link and I found the interface Mark was talking about. Have to go by radio shack and see if they have a six pin connector like the one Weldex uses I can use for a tap. This should do the trick! thanks again
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I added a separate monitor for my Aladdin system when our Weldex was replaced by a Voyager system. I did not need a special cable just a RCA cable for video. Check the interface box under the dash again for extra output on the box for additional monitors.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote