Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #15

It is a personal preference. I have never driven without shoes on. It has nothing to do with myths or laws. Actually in the 1960's I was issued a ticket for driving in bare feet in Dallas TX. Back then they would also ticket you for driving with one hand on the wheel and your other arm up on top of the seat. They were crooked back then with ticket quotas. If you were a teenager with no hubcaps on your 57 Chevy you were going to get a ticket for something
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Welcome to iRV2.

A lot of coaches have this arrangement. Personally, I do not see anything to worry about here. If it bothers you, maybe spray the area with Lysol or such.

Or put in a plastic panel to separate the two.

Ken

+1 The previous owner of my coach put in a piece of plexiglass that separates the fresh water side from the waste water side. It is cut to fit and silicone caulked all the way around. A piece of rubber hose is split and added to the front edge to seal it against the bay door when it's closed. Works well and seems like a great idea.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #17

Doesn't bother us in the least. Just keep it clean...any spills, clean up immediately with bleach water solution...you will be good to go and you will be safe. Common sense prevails in keeping that bay clean. Then you can tell the mrs. to save that worry for something important...
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #18

"Back then they would also ticket you for driving with one hand on the wheel and your other arm up on top of the seat. "

Let me see if I have this right... back then you would get a ticket for holding a beer while driving, not necessarily for an open bottle but because you didn't have two hands on the wheel? I remember when you could get a beer at Keller's Drive-in, and get one for the road! Ahhh, the old days
Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Some of he American public has been conned into thinking the water in the public water systems is no good. Then you find out that most of the bottled water comes from the public water systems. And some are afraid of the water in their RV's. Oh well, the water companies need the excess profits I guess.
MrD...your so right and think of this....while all the health nuts are sucking from their bottled water bottles....did they ever think of what might have come in contact with that bottle prior to then sticking it to their lips? bugs, filth, mold, mildew, someone who didn't wash their hands after using the toilet, etc etc

but if that is what makes the health nuts and germaphobes happy...more power to them

give me my tap any day...I know where it's been and whats been in contact with it.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #20

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
" I have a separate set of shoes I use. I don't wear shoes into the mh but you have to wear them in the drivers seat."

What's wrong with driving barefoot? I'd drive naked if I thought I could get away with it.
windydaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
That barefoot driving thing is a myth.
Here ya go: Barefoot driving.

Or HERE
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
We always buy Costco water in small plastic bottles. deSanford
Thus creating a major environmental problem.. One that will be with our grandchildren's grandchildren assuming humanity does not poison itself first.

I have a bottle in the wet bay, it contains bleach and water (about 1oz bleach to a quart of water) this is a STRONG disinfecant solution. If I feel the need I use it liberally. I don't often feel the need in the wet bay but.. Stuff (mistakes) do happen, and when that happens I may have to refill that bottle a few times after flushing out the bay.

I also filter all incoming water through a simple charcoal filter

And drinking water again in a Britta filter system.

What i don't do is throw hundreds of plastic bottles in the trash every year.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bottle water is something I refuse to buy unless it is the absolute resort. Most of the bottlers use the same city water that everyone drinks in their area.

As for the bottles, I do get to pick up quiet a few where we live. Lazy walkers and joggers can't carry that empty bottle any farther, so they pitch them in the brush in front of our property. If I can catch one tossing the bottle, I intend to follow him home and present it to him at his front door.

So please do not use bottled water and help the enviroment.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote