Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #1

Wet bay heater quit working on Endeavor

The 12 volt heater in the wet bay of our 2007 HR Endeavor has quit. It is turned on by the lighted rocker switch in the bath area marked "System Heat." The light is not lit when turned on. Checked fuse in front driver's side fuse box. 5 amp fuse marked System Heat checks good. The heater is marked 300W at 12V and 25 amps. That tells me there must be a 25 amp fuse somewhere. Checked in all known fuse locations and can't find one for it.

Anybody got a clue where that fuse might be hiding?
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Check your switch, in my 2004 Monaco Camelot the light in switch burnt out , switch and fuse was OK, just light was gone. I put ice cube on snap thermostat in wet bay, heater ran, I replaced with a new switch. Had to change to newer brand as the original was no longer for sale. Had to file opening a little to fit in newer switch. I bought new one from locale RV dealer.
Switchs with the light in them are used in most water pump and electric water heaters.
Rebel
rebelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post
The 12 volt heater in the wet bay of our 2007 HR Endeavor has quit. It is turned on by the lighted rocker switch in the bath area marked "System Heat." The light is not lit when turned on. Checked fuse in front driver's side fuse box. 5 amp fuse marked System Heat checks good. The heater is marked 300W at 12V and 25 amps. That tells me there must be a 25 amp fuse somewhere. Checked in all known fuse locations and can't find one for it.

We have had a lot of posts on the bay heater and I am looking for old posts for you to read. A lot of information there. Mostly you have a blown thermal fuse inside the heater.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/bay-heater-61989.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/syst...mat-62988.html (this link has a schematic I posted and the 30 amp fuse is shown on the schematic.

Hope this reading helps you out.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post

WOW... maybe I don't know my M/H as well as I should. I would swear that the 'system heat' is the furnace. Not the little ceramic heater in the bay which does nothing til temp drops below 45 My light comes on (but those blow out all the time) I'll be watching this thread... thanks
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
nodine does indeed have lots of good advice on this system - I have used it myself. First if your switch does not light up when you turn it on, it is almost certainly a burned out bulb in the switch. You have to replace it. Next if the light that indicates that the service bay heater is running turns on and you have no heat then the thermal fuse in the heater is probably blown - the fan will still run. If you have no power to the entire system then you probably have a blown fuse. Over the years I have replaced two switches with burned out lights and replaced the thermal fuse on the heater. The switches on a 2007 Endeavor and the thermal fuse on our current coach. Hope this helps.

Lew
Old 11-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #6

I believe there is a fuse in the rear compartment pass side, where the slide fuses, and fuses are for the trailer lights etc..I know mine works as I did test it last year. Although when I felt it like it was on, it wasn't as powerful as I thought...guess it does the job though..the other thing is that there is a vent under the shower bathroom air can get into to warm the tank compartment itself. Although don't depend on that to get you through when your furnace isn't active for a day or so. But I get it has to be the light..they burn out often.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote