Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #1

I WOULD LIKE TO USE MOTOR HOME COMPRESOR TO INFLATE MY TIRES.DOES MOTOR HAVE TO RUN TO GET AIR FROM OUTPUT FITTING?2001 40 FOOT DIPLOMAT.
biglarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #2

I WOULD LIKE TO USE MOTOR HOME COMPRESOR TO INFLATE MY TIRES.DOES MOTOR HAVE TO RUN TO GET AIR FROM OUTPUT FITTING?2001 40 FOOT DIPLOMAT.
biglarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:54 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Not too sure about the 2001 version but I have a 2008 Diplomat and just used the air compressor (that runs off the Generator) to pump up bicycle tires - works great - only draw back is the most pressure it puts out is about 40 lbs. Not near enough to do the coach's tires.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:19 AM   #4

biglarry,
I use ours to add pressure when I needed. Depends on how far your tire pressure is off. If your aired up all the way then you might be able to get one tire back to where its needed but more then that you will have to start the engine to keep the air tanks supplied.
Letsgoagain
Old 12-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by biglarry:
I WOULD LIKE TO USE MOTOR HOME COMPRESOR TO INFLATE MY TIRES.DOES MOTOR HAVE TO RUN TO GET AIR FROM OUTPUT FITTING?2001 40 FOOT DIPLOMAT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, to get the volume of air required you do have to start the rig, at least I do on my 06 Cayman.

03 Saturn L2
abray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
MCPO Ret said
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just used the air compressor (that runs off the Generator) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the one used for the guest bed?? I think biglarry is asking about the connectors on the chassis air pump..You should see one in the generator bay and also one at the rear of the coach.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I just used my chasis air to inflate the tires for the first time. Called Monaco first to check the capabilities of the air and was told it would work will getting the air up to between 105 and 110 but was not useful above those limits. I was actually able to get the fronts to 112 lbs. Leveled out the rears easily. Of course the engine had to be running and patience needed too.

Not certain of the older coaches though......

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Freemn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MCPO Ret:
Not too sure about the 2001 version but I have a 2008 Diplomat and just used the air compressor (that runs off the Generator) to pump up bicycle tires - works great </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We have an air compressor that runs off the generator? Where is that?
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
biglarry,

That's how I do it, also. I mounted an air hose inside the generator compartment, so it would be close to the air coupler. Then I bought an air inflation gage that reads up to 120 lbs. and a chuck with a spring clip. Makes filling the tires easy. But you do have to have the engine running.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I too use the on-board compressor. If the dash air guage shows less than you want you can force the compressor on by pressing on the brake a few times until it gets below 90 lbs indicated. Kinda slow but I really don't want to carry around a heavy compressor that is not used all that often.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I found an easier (albeit much more expensive) solution by having someone else do it ...

Had a slight pull to one side, so I took the coach to a 'well-recommended' truck-alignment shop. After waiting most of the day, they finally got me in. Bill came to over $200 and the final work-order showed all was in spec BEFORE and after the alignment, but that they did inflate the tires to specified pressure all the way around and noted that was the problem.

When I asked why they did the alignment if it was just inflation, the tech (I hate to use that word with him) said "Oh, but you said you wanted it aligned anyways."

I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes you get EXACTLY what you ask for.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I added air to mine using the connection accessed in the gen compartment. I ran the engine while I did.
psc907 is offline   Reply With Quote