Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #1

I've read the owners' manual from front to back, looked at the stickers etc and I can't find the allowable weights for my coach's axles. I know the gross is 32,000. I just weighed it and got the following results:
Gross: 30720
Front: 11680
Rear: 19240
LF: 5860
RF: 5580
LR: 9100
RR: 9620

Also, I'm having trouble finding the proper inflation tables on the Goodyear site. I have the G670 270/70R22.5 tires The chart on Goodyear's site doesn't specify the G670 tire.
bg1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #2

I've read the owners' manual from front to back, looked at the stickers etc and I can't find the allowable weights for my coach's axles. I know the gross is 32,000. I just weighed it and got the following results:
Gross: 30720
Front: 11680
Rear: 19240
LF: 5860
RF: 5580
LR: 9100
RR: 9620

Also, I'm having trouble finding the proper inflation tables on the Goodyear site. I have the G670 270/70R22.5 tires The chart on Goodyear's site doesn't specify the G670 tire.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Don't know about the Goodyear tire specs, but you should have a sticker somewhere inside of your MH with the weight ratings for each axle. My sticker is about 6"x6" in size and is on the wall next to the driver's seat.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:24 AM   #4

Is that loaded weight? You have only 1300 lbs left between current weight and gross?
Texas Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoolJourney:
Don't know about the Goodyear tire specs, but you should have a sticker somewhere inside of your MH with the weight ratings for each axle. My sticker is about 6"x6" in size and is on the wall next to the driver's seat.

Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto and I have another on the inside of the bath cabinet door.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Try here..

http://www.monacocoach.com/products/...mat/chart.html

Ron
Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Here ya go:
http://www.monacocoach.com/products/...mat/chart.html

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Here is the Goodyear tire spec and load info you are looking for. I run my tires at 125 PSI. I have a 2007 dip pdq 40. Havent gone and had it weighed yet. My monaco tage is in the med cab next to the shower. Hope this helps ya.

Mike

URL=http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rv_inflation.pdf
Also found this tid bit after more review..
http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rvbrochure.pdf

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/

2007 Diplomat PDQ 40
Socal36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You may have already found this inflation guide. If not, it can be found here.

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rv_inflation.pdf

On the third page, first table, last row is for the G670 275/80R22.5. I had the same issue as you, I could not find an inflation table for the G670 so I called Goodyear and they pointed out the correct table. Inflation should be the same for each tire, based on axle, and should be based on highest wheel weight for that axle. I run my tires about 10 lbs over the Goodyear recommended pressure which turns out to be 100/105 in the front and 95 for the rears. I'm at 10,500 in the front and 18,900 on the rear axle. While the G670 is rated for 125 psi, the max psi for the Alcoa wheels is 125 psi under all conditions. I ran 115 on the fronts for some time but the ride was horrible and the tire pressure was 120 to 125+ at the end of the day in Texas summer driving and was bumping up against Alcoa's max psi. The ride was very harsh at 115 psi and the coach did not steer very well even after a full alignment and ride height adjustment. Backing down to 100 to 105 really improved the ride and steering. My front left/right tire weight differential is only about 250 lbs.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
bg1811

Most people have found that Goodyear G670 are best inflated to 10 psi over what the chart says to prevent cupping of the tread at the outer sides. This is due largely to the lack of a decoupling groove on the G670.

So, given your weights, and the tire chart (and rounding up), that would be 110 on the front tires and 100 on the rear, which is exactly what I run on my 07 Dip.

Mike, the tires are rated for 125 psi max, but that doesn't mean you should inflate them to that. You should see a much improved ride if you let a little air out. My guess is that the numbers quoted above will be pretty close for you unless your coach is over gross weight.

Although individual wheel weights are good to have, until you can get that done, you can simply get axle weights at any platform scale and round up the results on the chart. That should put you in the ball park.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:43 AM   #11

Thanks for everybody's responses. I've been running my at 105 all the way around, so, I've been in the ball park. I've been like a lot of people...it has taken me almost three years to getting around to weighing my coach. I'm now releived to see that it is OK. Some pollster asked if it was loaded at the above numbers. Fuel, propane and water tanks were full along with all the other stuff we carry. I therefore have room for the grey/black tanks to have some weight. In case anyone is interested where I got it weighed, it was at a local moving company. None of the truck stop scales in this are are designed where you could get the four corners weighted. The moving company only charged me $6.00 for doing all the weights.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Robin, Thanks for the input. Probably should run them softer. Fam & I are part timers and use our coach about 130 days a year, from going to Glamis Sand Dunes for weekend trips in the winter to doing long weekends up in Yosemite/June lake area in the summer, to our yearly 3-4 week vacation up to Glacier-Yellowstone-Jackson hole. Our weight varies allot from pulling a 30' trailer with the toys to the desert, to running almost dry when going on the long weekend runs.

Honestly the ride at 125lbs is increasable compared to our old pusher, unless you're going through LA on the 5.. I don't think anything will help going through that mess lol.

I also have to say running my tires at 125 psi have gotten us some great fuel mileage! I got a whopping 10.9-mpg on the way back from Yosemite a month ago. I know that sounds incredible and I have done the math about 100 times, as I could not believe it myself! But it's true! 60mph ave, no stops all the way back to San Diego... I know some of you are thinking bs.. His miles gauge isn't working right, Nope! Checked it with my gps lol

At any rate, the moving company idea has me thinking... We have atlas right near my work! Think ill stop in there tomorrow and see if they have scales!

Mike

2007 Diplomat PDQ 40
Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Mike,

You sound like a man who knows how to get the most from your motorhome, even though you're still tied to the office. Wish I could figure out how to do that. I'm envious.

Yosemite to San Diego with no stops. That's a haul. Got to be at least 7 hours, right?

WRT the tire 125 psi tire inflation, you will get better mileage. But you also may get more tire wear in the center of the tread, and you may not be getting all the gripping power on wet roads or all the stopping power your tires should be delivering. Just some things to think about. I think a good compromise is about 10 psi OVER what the chart says for your given weight. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:00 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
LOL, I am beyond envious of all you full timers! I cant wait for the day that I can hang up the hat get in the rig, open up a map and ask my wife to close her eyes and point..

Yosemite to San Diego is a long hall but when ya still tied to home and have to be back to work on Monday but yet cant quite pull yourself from such a beautiful place, a straight shot is in order ehhe.

Longest I have driven in a day is from Jackson Hole, wy to St George ut. That was a long day!

Well I'm off to work and to check out that moving company! Softer tires will give you better stopping? Hrrm, makes sense now that I think about it Never thought about the stopping issues.

2007 Diplomat PDQ 40