Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
We are loading the LaPalma, and like most of you, we have 6 overhead cabinets at the front of the coach.

We are wondering what YOU store in those fairly small, often hot , hard-to-reach-for-me (especially without the steps covered), small cubbie-holes?

Rick would like to put more electronic components up there, but the heat has shut 'em down. He would like to install a couple cooling fans, but is unsure of the wiring. He doesn't think there are outlets in the cabinets, so he wants to install them.

We would like to know what supplies YOU store up there? We'd like to know what modifications YOU'VE made to those areas? How have YOU made the areas more convenient and useable? Please share.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We are loading the LaPalma, and like most of you, we have 6 overhead cabinets at the front of the coach.

We are wondering what YOU store in those fairly small, often hot , hard-to-reach-for-me (especially without the steps covered), small cubbie-holes?

Rick would like to put more electronic components up there, but the heat has shut 'em down. He would like to install a couple cooling fans, but is unsure of the wiring. He doesn't think there are outlets in the cabinets, so he wants to install them.

We would like to know what supplies YOU store up there? We'd like to know what modifications YOU'VE made to those areas? How have YOU made the areas more convenient and useable? Please share.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Mic... are you talking the 6 cabinets above the front sofas?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We have 6 cabinets around the windshield area, above the driver and co-pilot seats. We want to make the most of them.

I could post pics if I could figure out how. (everyone says that!)
Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
We have only 4 ..the one on the side above the driver - has a 6disc changer and ball caps and visors... The one directly in front of and ahead of driver is full of the electronics...
the same one on passenger side has some of our travel books.. Campground books and also maps ...if I need this stuff I get it down as we hit the road.. the one above the door .. has gloves that rarely get used (cold weather type - not the gardening type) and a neck thingie to keep my head from flopping if I start to doze
These are cabinets that are good for things you rarely use..but you know you may need it before you hit the road. I do slip my shoes off and step onto the chairs to get to the stuff...

Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Here's the picture that's on the Monaco web site... I assume the other two cabinets are out of view above the driver's side window.

On our coach, those cabinets, plus the first one behind the driver, over the sofa, are mine. Suz gets all the rest. I only have one on the driver's side, and that's where I keep all the paperwork for the coach - records, manuals, logs, etc. Monaco put all the entertainment electronics in the front one on the driver's side. The other front cabinet is very tiny because we have a 32" TV. Nothing is in there yet. In the two above the door, I put spare electrical parts, tools, and interior cleaning supplies.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:48 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Sacs pulled up a picture this AM... We do have 5 doors..just like Robin's...but we keep the same stuff in it.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
On my 01 Dynasty, the front cabinets are full of the electronics...of course, since I have an "old" DIP, my 19" TV (I feel sooooo inadequate!!) is over the drivers seat...and the two cabinets to the right (facing forward) are full of electronics. I also have two side cabinets...one over the door and one over the drivers side window...both shallow, so I store flashlights, hats, etc.
The really small cabinets run the length of our couch...I use that for books, camping guides and that sort of thing...it's about the only thing that fits in them.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Well, the front side cabinets (drivers and passenger sides) are empty.

Front cabinet from left to right - Video switcher, amp, center - nothing - right - Dishnet receiver.

In the case of the video switcher and Dishnet receiver - I used TV tie downs and Rubermaid drawer organizers (upside down) to raise the electronics up just a bit higher.

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:50 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teofff:
...of course, since I have an "old" DIP, my 19" TV (I feel sooooo inadequate!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

teofff,

I was gonna say, "Yeah, but think of how much money it's savin' ya in motorhome payments...". But then I remembered your very recent and expensive engine overhaul. Oh well, now you've got a good "old Dip" that runs like a top.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, the front side cabinets (drivers and passenger sides) are empty </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EMPTY??
Gordon ...admit it ..they are only empty cuz your wife can't reach em!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Ohhhh, don't remind me about how much we spent on the DIP in just one month...let me count the ways:
$1,400.......Fix Hydraulic Pump/Align Wheels
$ 785.......Fix Air Switch/Pack front Bearings
$3,000.......Partial Rebuild of Engine

I hope that's it for a lonnnggggg time!...and with all that I still have to look at a 19" TV...life's just not fair!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Shhhhh!

She might figure that she can store fabric in them!!!

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
And I was afraid you would scoff at my question and not give me any feedback. I thought "what a silly question to ask" but you guys have helped me as we start to load 'er up.

I'm not a very tall person, and I haven't tried standing on the captain's chairs (MM! ), so I don't want to put stuff up there that I need often or have to ask Rick to retrieve for me all the time. I want to leave all the room he needs for his electronics, but you all gave me some really good ideas. I'll also leave all the space he needs for his cleaning supplies. And maps and manuals.

That will clear out a couple other cabinets over the couch for my crochet yarn and reading books.
Thanks!