RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2008, 05:43 AM   #15

I think it has been said but, the freedom. You can not beat the feeling of being able to just get up and go. Being able to stop and stay anywhere you want to and have a nice clean stable environment with the atmosphere of home. We fell in love with the Bus because it had so much potential, what I mean by that is we are going to make some changes to the living space so that it is more like home. We do love it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
God blessed me with parents who were in the military and we traveled back and forth across the country between posts. They started out in a tent and eventually graduated to a class C after a trailer and fulltimed it for awhile.
God blessed me again with a wife who loved to camp and WE started out with a tent, then a class c, then a 35ft Winn. BRAVE and now our Cheetah.

We got tired of the rain in our short Alaskan summers with the tent. My wife introduced me to showing dogs which worked very well with the RV lifestyle.

I'm finally retired after 31 years with the same job and now we're fulltiming it like my parents did. We're showing dogs state by state now and having a great time in between.

Yup there are the usual MH problems that we have to work through but we are loving the lifestyle and plan to continue doing it through all 49 states. BTW for all of you who have the U.S.A. map stuck to your MH, we actually put Alaska on it first!!

Our MH has the full wall slide on the roadside so we have a center wall that goes between the long split bathroom and the hallway to the bedroom. The dogs love the hallway because I always throw their ball down it. Jo and I have plenty of room in our 41' coach to be comfortable with each other and the dogs.

We LOVE moving our house from place to place and still have the same comfortable bed to sleep in.

I hope all is well with all of your lifestyles and the friends you meet.
AKBrick
ak: Tom and Jo Brickwell

Old 01-23-2008, 06:49 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Tom,

The Cheetah 40SFD is another great floor plan. Lots of storage space, curb side bays are easy to get to while parked, well designed bath area, two closets, and the bed goes "the right way", eliminating the bedroom hump. I think it's a shame Monico chose not to continue that one in 2008.

Robin
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #18

Pusherman,
You brought up a good point. Eventhough we still get that new coach envy when we see the latest and greatest we have both commented on how with the higher ceilings it would be hard for my wife to reach into the cabinets to get stuff. That indeed is one of the things we like about our current motorhome. Letsgogain <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pusherman:
I love the fact that my new coach still fits in my barn (The 07 Journey is the last year of the lower roof heights). Since we are both vertically challenged, neither of us care about the higher ceiling heights in the newer coaches.

Note: My door height for my barn is 12'.

Also, we like the shorter DP's as we do a lot of state park camping, and have never had a problem getting into the sites.

We love the floorplan of our coach as well. Has all the amenities of a longer coach in a shorter package. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #19

Robin_M,
You hit the nail on the head about the rv lifestyle when you said,"Its the anticipation of it". For me thats exactly how I feel. Can't wait for our next trip wherever that may be.
Letsgoagain<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I love our "U" shaped dinette in our Sunstar 32K. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bruce,

Curiosity drove me to the Winnebago web site to take a look at your floor plan. What a nice setup for a young family! Great choice.

As for what I like about the RV lifestyle... It's the anticipation of it. ...along with the people we've met so far.

As for the coach... like so many others have said it's the floor plan. The SFT was the right one for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #20

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
it's the anticipation of it. that says it all!!!!!!
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Great topic!

We started with a small pop-up and a mini van for showing dogs--we had 2 mastiffs at the time. That lasted a year or 2 and then it was a 26 ft Sunnybrook Travel trailer. That was great for a number of years--UNTIL we had a litter of puppies and kept 2 so our #s increased to 5 and so did our need for room in the TT
Since our tt didn't have a slide we opted for the 30 ft with a slide! That WAS a great floor plan for us. Until I refused to drive the darn thing--with 16 passenger van pulling it......so we made the switch to the MH and we are ADDICTED and wondering why we refused for so long to get one!!
The best thing about our MH is that we purchased used and have had not ONE problem with it!! Also I LOVE the 1 and 1/2 bath--I have room to spread out to blow dry the hair because most baths are too small to have your elbows flailing out there with the blowdryer
We still do the dog show scene and the best thing is making new friends with common interests--Motorhomes and dogs

Karen of:
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #22

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We love the lifestyle. The chance to travel and see the things we havent seen and to meet wonderfull people from all over the country. Our rv is nice and comfortable, just wish we had a little more room, maybe the next one will be bigger.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Robin,
No more SFD? Bummer! Jo and I have looked at a bunch more new MH's and have been surprised that we seemed to have found the right match in floorplans for us. We are constantly surprised as to WHY the new ones do not have any clothes space as far as drawers go. I don't think that the manufacturers are thinking about people who stay in their coaches for the long term but are shooting for the WOW factor in the front of them. We've seen many that have great front floorplans but kill it when it comes to the bedroom.

Karen, Yup dogs will do that to you. Even the small dogs make you wanna get a bigger motorhome. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
AKBrick
Old 01-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #24

I ...
- love sleeping in my own bed
- love not getting bit by bedbugs
- love not getting toe/foot funk from hotel showers
- love stopping where I choose and not relying on a hotel being around
- love the scenery along the way (better than looking down at clouds)
- love cooking and not leaving a tip
- love a fresh cup of "joe" while driving
- most of all, I like, as Richie Havens sang, the "freedom!"
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #25
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
I like the smell of fresh coffee brewing while looking out a million-dollar view. I like sitting under my awning, having a beverage and watching caveman TV and having a beautiful lake or hardwood forest in the foreground. I like the comfy, cozy feel of "My Coach" when it's raining outside. I like going to new campgrounds and taking note of the most desirable slots for future reference. I like my little bat-wing antenna that gets me FREE local tv programs. I like being able to take my pets along in comfort when we travel. I like seeing the smile on my grandson's face when he sees "PopPop's Bus". I like.........heck, I like EVERYTHING about this. I even like the little challenges that crop up once in awhile.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
No more SFD? Bummer! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
According to the web site, the Cheetah went from 7 floor plan choices in 2007 to only 2 in 2008. Monaco has downscaled the choices in all models. Probably will save them lots of money, but I have to wonder about the choices they made about which plans to eliminate - not the one's I would have chosen in many cases. OTOH, I have to guess that they probably made their decisions based on what plans have sold the most.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Mbl Cndo and RonNBama,
All right, all right already, you guys win! You just brought a tear to a po' bodys' eyes! *sniff*
Now I'm feeling all sensitive like, and warm, and fuzzy, and, and,......and I think I'll get another glass of wine.
AKBrick
Old 01-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
You just brought a tear to a po' bodys' eyes! *sniff*
Now I'm feeling all sensitive like, and warm, and fuzzy, and, AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,
NO, that's just the Yuma "fresh" air getting to you

Karen & JEffrey
PS--we're off tomorrow to San Bernadino, CA for the next and last for a while---dog show.

mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote