Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #1

Good evening,
As I read through this forum's topics I came to the conclusion that most people (including myself) that post here are seeking help for a particular problem they have or information about places.
I want to start a different thread and would be interested in hearing your thoughts on what you like best about your motorhome and in general the things you enjoy the most from the motorhome lifestyle.
I'll go first. I like the fact that I never dreamed I would someday own one of these beautiful vehicles. I am very proud and thankful that we have it.
I like the fact that in two years and 24000 miles that we've had very little trouble from our motorhome. In those 24000 miles we've seen some of this beautiful country in an adventurous way that we wouldn't have otherwise seen and made some memories that will always be with us.
Hope to hear your thoughts.
Letsgogain
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #2

Good evening,
As I read through this forum's topics I came to the conclusion that most people (including myself) that post here are seeking help for a particular problem they have or information about places.
I want to start a different thread and would be interested in hearing your thoughts on what you like best about your motorhome and in general the things you enjoy the most from the motorhome lifestyle.
I'll go first. I like the fact that I never dreamed I would someday own one of these beautiful vehicles. I am very proud and thankful that we have it.
I like the fact that in two years and 24000 miles that we've had very little trouble from our motorhome. In those 24000 miles we've seen some of this beautiful country in an adventurous way that we wouldn't have otherwise seen and made some memories that will always be with us.
Hope to hear your thoughts.
Letsgogain
Old 01-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #3

About 1.5 years ago I was visiting the Great Outdoors RV park (Titusville FL) to pick up some parts at their RV store (Eagles Pride) for our 86 Holiday Rambler. I took a pass through the RV consignment lot.... there sat a 2002 Holiday Rambler Vacationer, 17000 miles; I took a tour inside...right away I recognized that it was unique...it had 1.5 bath...a few hours later I brought my wife to see it.... in a few days we were driving it home. That extra 0.5 bath is what sold us on the unit.

Hemi
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, great thread, and I had to think about it for a few minutes.

So here we are, out in the middle of nowhere, no TV reception, no cell reception, no cable, and no telephone. But our coach came with a Sat dish/dome and we purchased a DirecTv receiver for less than $75, and for that we get digital TV reception of hundreds of channels.

So out here in the middle of nowhere, I'm tuned to the NASA channel watching live space walks on the space station as I look out the window and watch deer walk down to the lake for a drink. As contrast when I at a very young age camped with my parents and grandparents, it was just a tent, a fire, and a river but we still all loved it.

CC
Old 01-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Great Topic guys! I think this is one we should share....I am kinda curious what some of the other owners like too!

I have put a shortcut up to the General Discussion area!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #6

I love the fact that my new coach still fits in my barn (The 07 Journey is the last year of the lower roof heights). Since we are both vertically challenged, neither of us care about the higher ceiling heights in the newer coaches.

Note: My door height for my barn is 12'.

Also, we like the shorter DP's as we do a lot of state park camping, and have never had a problem getting into the sites.

We love the floorplan of our coach as well. Has all the amenities of a longer coach in a shorter package.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #7

We have been fulltiming in our 07 Admiral for about 7 months. I love the simplicity of this lifestyle, no yard to maintain, no huge utility bills, no house repairs. I love being mobile and being able to go to all the Thousand Trails resorts in this area. Most of all I love being free of "stuff" and having this adventure with my DH.
jokers99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
cwg

The motorhome is great, but with a series of many in the last ten years, it is not about a particular model or floorplan.

For me, originally it was a way to get to race venues and stay onsite, enjoying the friendship of people who shared the same interests and passions. Now is all about the circle of friends we meet and the concentric rings that keep expanding. The rv lifestyle allows all of us to follow the seasons and scenes of each part of this great country.

In spite of the challenges of fuel prices and increasing costs associated with travel, the opportunity to enjoy mobile freedom ranks as one of the primary dreams of people who are asked what they hope to do in their lifetimes.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
If I had to pick one thing I liked best about our motorhome, it would have to be the floorplan. After fulltiming for a year, Ang and I talk often about how fortunate we were to find the perfect floorplan for us. With the office in the rear, we have two living spaces, which has prevented us from killing each other It allows me to work with a focused brain, and I don't have to clear off the kitchen table for dinner!!

We are at the Monaco Service Center in Wildwood, Florida right now. When we were coming up with our list of repair items, we were surprised how short it was. We really tried hard to come up with stuff since our one year of owning the coach was up, but only came up with a few items. We have been very happy with our coach, and Monaco.

Good thing they discontinued this floorplan for this year. We would be in a new Camelot/Scepter after the Supershow last weekend

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Like every one else we entered the RVing lifestyle to basically get off the ground, so we got a popup. I felt it was too much work so got rid of it and got an old 78 Champion Titan that we could jump into on a weekend that was already loaded and get away from work for awhile. After three years of lots of fun (lots of infield NASACAR races) we upgraded to a larger and newer coach to fint the teenage daughters better. We eventually did lots of research to full time and sold our business, house and stuff to slow down and recouperate from job burnout. After a year of only working a few hours a day I went back to work; this time for some one else. It was in Arizona and so the motorhome was an easy way to go.
Long story- short. I like the fact that if I don't like my neighbors I could move; I have not found any yet. I also like the fact that iI can go anywhere for as long as I want and I can find work of need be.
We love seeing diffenant parts of our county's landscape and meet all knids of people.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:19 AM   #11

I love our "U" shaped dinette in our Sunstar 32K. Me, the wife, two boys and the big yellow dog spend hours just hanging around the table talking.

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:57 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I love our "U" shaped dinette in our Sunstar 32K. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bruce,

Curiosity drove me to the Winnebago web site to take a look at your floor plan. What a nice setup for a young family! Great choice.

As for what I like about the RV lifestyle... It's the anticipation of it. ...along with the people we've met so far.

As for the coach... like so many others have said it's the floor plan. The SFT was the right one for us.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:18 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Great thread, as I sit here this morning in gulf shores, al. For us the past 20 months it has been home. It give us freedom to go where we want, be with family etc. and never having to give up our bed, worry about the dogs being boarded etc. Even with some of the issues we have had with this coach,it never seems that bad and always looking forward to the next trip/adventure. The other great thing is the many friends we have made across the miles and some of those have turned into some of the best friendships one could have. Speaking of repairs our list and us are heading to the Indiana service center, next week.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:09 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
For me, I like everything. The top item is the lifestyle. If I can drive there, I can go there.

The second item is the hundred or so problems I've had with my coach have turned out well. While it is not good to go through the problems, the skills I've learned and friends I've made make all the scenarios bearable.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote